Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Combat Strategies

Go down 
+9
Imp
Demon Eyes Kyo
Z 1
Uvana
Wesker
Trig
Buckaroo Banzai
Synyster Gates
W. Birkin
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Place your votes please. The poll is multiple choice, and you can cancel your vote at any time.
Please, only vote on the weapons you use the most. To further clarify, choose only the weapons
that you use on your PRIMARY accounts. All sub-accounts shouldn't be considered, unless they
all use the exact same weapons.

Last edited by W.Birkin on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm

I've always been fond of Knives for their quick attack speed.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:46 pm

I have no preference on what I use. I find every weapon set of equal value for the purpose it was made for.

That being said, fuck anyone who thinks meele isn't the only true way to kill zombies with. Blades, Blunts, and Chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Chainsaws. Oh god, yes...

Some people don't like the aggro... I say, "Fuck it, with a Grinder you can just eviscerate whatever the noise summons."

Though slower on the individual kill (therefore making it worse in a few rare situations during the OA) It is pretty much the ultimate crowd-halting zombie destroyer. And it doesn't even need bullets.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Pistols & Heavy Machine guns.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm

I've done entire exterminations in DR with just my grinder, my 100 crit, and my 100 agil. takes a while to get there, but once you got it, hoo boy is it good.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Synyster Gates wrote:
I've always been fond of Knives for their quick attack speed.

Same here. It's a shame they end at "kukri".

Pistols all da way bebe.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:38 pm

BLADES, if its sharp, I stab with it. My Kat will kill you all.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Sad i'm the only rifle user, to hell with all your pansy pisstols.

I do use a doom cane now but thats only cause its my only melee weapon that GC. I'd much rather have GC Katana, Dusk Razor, FTB, or Amp.

When it comes to machineguns i go SMG, a crit builds 2nd best friend besides a RIFLE.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:48 pm

agreed all the way kyo. except I 'like' being loud. also, with chainsaws, I get to use those 100 points I pumped into it twice.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Hmm, blades seem to be winning. Though chainsaws are more effective in my experience, I can totally respect the sexiness of an Amputator. I had some swell times with mine.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Here's the reason why, Kyo.

Raging Bull beats out all of the other Rifles (including Rebellion), when used with Instant Reload and 80 Critical. It's also basically the same, ammo-price wise, until someone decides they want to go for Top Survivor.

Pistols require less Stat points in the end. Raging Bull looks sexier.

I would honestly use Rifles as well (Blades, Rifles, and Pistols are my favourite "RP" weapons), if it wasn't that Pistols do the exact same thing, but better. Hopefully, DF in 3D will make Rifles useful and damn good like they should be.

Also, Z1, I'll have slit your throat before you've even been aware of my presence. ;)
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:06 pm

yea the 3D will be an epic age for the Rifle. Too bad i'll be at bootcamp by the time it comes out.

As far ase the raging (alpha) bull goes. I repect its power but i'd rather use a pen knife then it. Pistols to me are so lame. You ask me adminpwn messed up bad and the VSS should have the RB's stats. I'm a rifle lunatic and you couldn't make me use a pistol even if you bought my VSS for 5 million and gave me 2 GC RBs. I'd just be so happy i could buy 2 more GC VSS then and a Rebellion then!

Only time i'd use a pistol is the Dusk Enforcer, but even then i wouldn't use it till i bought a rebellion first.

I do have a GC grinder sitting in storage waitin for a stat reset, so i dont really know how useful a chainsaw is first hand.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:14 pm

I completely disagree with the "lameness" of the pistols. I won't try and convince you against your opinion, but...

Pistols = Easily Concealed. Accurate. Fast firing. Effective. And more!

They're one of my preferred weapons. As I said, Blades, Rifles, and Pistols (preferably Revolver). Pistols for medium range/close range, blades for close range, Rifles for long range.

Each and every one of them have their strengths, downfalls, and awesometicity. XD

I don't particularily feel like going into detail (dunno why o.o), but yeah. XD
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:37 pm

im a fan of high powered weapons that have a moderate to slow firing rate. so pistols / rifles are my favorite, but due to ammo costs and weapon funding i actually use melee more. in FPS im actually a fan of shotguns as well, but i dont use them in DF at all.fav = rifle / pistol most used = melee / SMG
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:43 pm

I use rifles almost exclusively. Until I can get to level 100 rifle, and get a VSS (Yeah, in my dreams) I won't level up any other skill. Pistols are a second favorite though.
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Shotguns and melee (both blades and blunt)
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:24 am

My alt uses rifles. Love them. But for my main, Blades and saws.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:10 pm

it's looking like blades are the clear winner here.
Back to top Go down
Lestat Kolder
Survivor
Lestat Kolder

Number of posts : 2

Character Sheet
Name:

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:43 pm

Im A Pistol/ Rifle person my self take the long shot with my msg-9 and go in for the kill with my desert eagle i just think melee is over rated every one uses them so i dont
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:14 pm

I still can't see surviving a high-aggro situation with just a rifle and a pistol. I dunno about you, but I gotta have a 'holy hit, wall of LA's' contingency plan.

I just realized what I'm renaming my grinder to. 'Plan B.'
Back to top Go down
Lestat Kolder
Survivor
Lestat Kolder

Number of posts : 2

Character Sheet
Name:

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:27 pm

you'll be suprised i tend to usually avoid small spaces in the LA areas and bring alot of ammo
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
I still can't see surviving a high-aggro situation with just a rifle and a pistol. I dunno about you, but I gotta have a 'holy hit, wall of LA's' contingency plan.

I just realized what I'm renaming my grinder to. 'Plan B.'

Mine will either be "Squishy" or "Decomposer"

It seems that our user base use Melee/blades and Pistols the most.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:33 pm

not gonna share my rename ideas people will steal them. ;)

though i do have a great name for Gau-19 "Gaugantula"
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:44 pm

If I ever got one, I'd name it "Gauge".

Get it? haha...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Combat Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Strategies   Combat Strategies Empty

Back to top Go down

Combat Strategies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next