Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Boobytrapped Wallet

Go down 
+6
Trig
Demon Eyes Kyo
Synyster Gates
Moose
Konstantine
W. Birkin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Boobytrapped Wallet Empty
PostSubject: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm

This isn't Rant so I'll keep it brief. Today I found out someone stole $40 bucks from my wallet.
This is the fourth such occurrence that has happened to me, and frankly I'm fed up with it. I
can't get to the bank when I need to because of my brother, so I have to find an alternative
means of protecting my money until I can.

What I want is to booby trap my wallet. I was thinking maybe something using electricity or
barbed hooks. Anything that might get the perpetrator to out himself. Only I'm not sure how
to go about this. Can any of you guys help me out?
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Badass
Badass
Konstantine

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:58 pm

Caught Red Handed

Buy a cheap wallet.

Get some money.

Dip the bills all in chemical dye. (I know of a few off the top of my head.)

When the perp grabs the bills, his hands will be covered in a permanent stain.

----------------------------------------------------------

Like Fish in a Barrel

Pierce your bills in the center with a very fine, but strong, fishing line.

Attach the line to your pants.

If you have your wallet on you and someone tries to take it, the tugging on the line will alert you.

I don't know why these needed cheesy names.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 pm

GRENADE

Attach the pin to a grenade to the money in the wallet. Leave enough room for the handle to flip off. If they pull the money out of the wallet, they have three seconds before they blow up.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Keep your wallet in a fanny pack you wear backwards so it is near your crotch.

Only gay people will steal from you then.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:16 pm

i think he means he's being robbed when he falls asleep. Pretty hard to get robbed with your wallet in the pants your wearing. They wouldnt just take the money they'd take the whole wallet if they were a pickpocket
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 pm

KYo's right.

Let me elaborate on my situation.

Some of the local kids asked me if I could order them some Naruto headbands from over
the net. So I agreed, and they gave me $41 bucks. Since I can't drive, I have to ask my
family or friends for a ride. For the three days I had their cash, I couldn't get anyone to
take me.

Today I found a ride, and when I went to grab the cash, I noticed that 40 of the 41 had
went missing. I had forgotten to take my wallet with me to work, but didn't think anything
of it. Not until today. I've questioned everyone that's been in my room, none of them say
they took it (as if anyone WOULD admit to it >.>).

There was in total $65 dollars in my wallet. Why would the thief just take $40 and not all
of it? This very thing happened the last time I got robbed. The crook took $20 out of my
wallet, when there was $40, and then 8 of my games & dvds. It doesn't make any damn
sense.

I took what little cash I had left after reimbursing the kids (I still owe em $20 >>) and
got a dead bolt for my bedroom door. I'm not satisfied though, which is why I created
this thread. I want to make my wallet anti-theft. Or at the very least, get some revenge
from the pricks who keep robbing me.

Boobytrapped Wallet Player1rage
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 8:44 pm

I always scoff when I see people wearing their wallets in their back pocket, as is traditional. Not only can it cause back problems from years of sitting on the bulge, but it is exceedingly easier to be robbed when the thief has to come at you from behind.

Therefore, random tip of the day = Wear your wallet in your front pocket.

Anyways, Birkin seems to have an entirely different problem. My suggestion is that you either keep your wallet with you perpetually, or find an extremely good place to hide it.

Also, you can cut a deep hole in the wall, put a shotgun in the back, facing outside, put your wallet near the opening, stab a needle in the wallet, twist the end so it's stuck in the leather, and slide a piece of string through the needle-loop, and down a tiny hole you drilled right beneath the wallet. The wallet would go under the floor, and come back up from a tiny hole beneath the shotgun, where it would be tied around the trigger(Be sure to loop the string around the butt of the gun, so that the action of pulling away from the shotgun would actually cause the trigger to be pulled in the direction of the butt, and not in the direction of the muzzle). Then cut out a fake wall, and place it just beyond the wallet so that the shotgun cannot be seen. Now print out one of my prettiful drawings, frame it, and use it to cover the opening where your wallet is hidden.

Now, if someone tries to take the wallet, they'll be greeted with some buckshot to the lobe. In order to avoid getting shot yourself, you would simply slide a knife under the wallet and cut the string. Re-activating the booby-trap is as simple as getting another bit of string, or wire.

Hope this helps! Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:10 pm

TODAY IN THE NEWS!!

A man killed his brother with a shotgun while at work. The culprit apparently rigged a death trap in his bedroom and tempted the boy with 20 dollars in the open. When he reached for the money a shotgun blew out the back of his skull.

The suspect was taken to jail shortly after police received a call of shot fired. The Suspect claims he "had it coming"
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 pm

another idea iching powder or something like that.

but that could be a double edged sword..
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Get a Debit Card.

Nobody else can use that, and most places take em.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:21 pm

^^^ agreed.

Not a credit card though, theives thrive on those.... So who's gonna be going to Red Lobster tonight *flips out stack of cards* Dexter Mandrin, Albert Johnson, nah requires a beard, Ohhh William Birkin! *throws on lab coat* lets eat!
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Boobytrapped Wallet   Boobytrapped Wallet EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Heres a list of money tips my dad taught me.

-Roll the ones out side of the wad of bills to make it look like its not worth grabbin
-Don't carry money in your wallet, carry it in your front pocket, make sure is nothing in your wallet worth loosing and keep it in back pocket.

Mine

-Call the god dam police and have your wallet swept for prints
-Make an example of someone,