Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

A Return to Arms

Go down 
+3
Wesker
Peng
Pest02
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 9:38 pm

For reasons totally unbeknownst to me, I have been overcome with a significantly powerful "zombie and survival horror" mood. I suspect the impending release of Resident Evil 5 to be one of the main factors of this unprecedented phenomenon.

Therefore, I will be returning to Dead Frontier. Although I have resigned from Umbrella, I would like to be considered an Associate, and would very much like to go into battle with my former co-workers once again.

For those of you who don't know, this is my character

Character name -
Blues (Named after blues music, which happens to be my second favorite, but "Classical" would have been a crappy character name)

Forum name - Blues

Class -
Level 24 or 26 lawyer (Can't remember)

Armour - LR8 reactive

Weapons...
- Katana (Named Katie. used roughly 99.5% of the time)
- Rifle (Cant remember which type. very weak though)
- Chainsaw (The weakest one. used to increase aggro and nothing else)

Skill level -
I'd say I'm pretty good, you can definitely rely on me in battle. As long as I'm not surrounded by several long-arm red zombies, my katana can get me out of nearly any problem. Once my rifle skill is high, I expect long-arm zeds won't pose much of a threat either.

Build - I have high critical, and am currently shooting for max endurance and 50 strength. I have maxed out melee and am working to max out Rifle skills. After that, I haven't decided, they all look appealing except machine guns (They lag me violently)

Issues - It takes an hour for me to load Df, but after that first load I can play for the rest of the day with no lag or loading time (Except if someone starts using a machinegun in excess DX)
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Rifles is one of my favorites. Definitely go for that route, they can be hella powerful. But the ammo is a bitch to buy, D:

I know you can play well, considering you grinded to 23 or 26 (can't remember) while starving, by yourself, without the use of OAs, in 2 days, with limited internet time. D:

Tell me when you forkin' load in, so we can play!
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:32 pm

Upon closer inspection, I am level 24, and my rifle is a Ruger. I seriously need to upgrade.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 12:14 am

Haha

Don't worry, we'll help you with that.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:20 am

Alas, my first day back was frazzled and confusing and it ended far too quickly!

Nevertheless, it was great. =D
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:40 am

I might join DF again, if I am rearmed with my materials.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 9:17 am

I'd get pishtols later Trigger. .50 really isn't that expensive and it works quite well.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 am

Penguin Hunter wrote:
I'd get pishtols later Trigger. .50 really isn't that expensive and it works quite well.

Agreed!

Jarki <3 Revolvers (Especially Pengy's SW 500)
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 11:19 am

M&M (Melee and Magnum) Is what I use ^_^

I'm still only lvl 21. I need to go and train with someone. Anyone wanna schedule some training with meh?

Also, I tend to get a decent amount of 5.5mm when I do go out, So if anyone needs it, I'd gladly supply them with every round that I find.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Sollie uses them. Just supply them to me or Imperiator, and we'll hand it over to Sollie.

As for grinding, we usually schedule them via Chatbox. So if you're ever on Chatbox and want to grind, just tell me, and I'll join you.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:02 pm

i would say i would by the 5.5 off you, but i think my rifle is buged, it seems to regnrate its ammo.

and also, i am getting back into the game, so i am up for a grind too
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Fuck yeah! Cheesy

Now we just need Konny, Pest, Havoc, Austin...
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Jarki wrote:
Fuck yeah! Cheesy

As soon as my sports are over, (2 weeks) I will have much more time to play!
Just give me a lil time.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Okie

Pest, Havoc, Austin...

And Syn, I'd say, but he seems pretty attached to Runescape.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Hell, I can use the 5.5 myself if you can spare any, Wesker. ^_^

I'm glad to see that Jarki and the newbies to the clan aren't the only ones who still play, which was what I initially thought.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Haha, as I said

We all Play. Ryan, Sollie, Imp, etc. Just, Reports make it more..obvious.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:17 pm

Jarki wrote:
Fuck yeah! Cheesy

Pest02 wrote:
I might join DF again, if I am rearmed with my materials.

I want my Katana and XZ8 back, and I'll start playing again. :o
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:21 pm

meh. TBH, unless the whole playstyle of DF is changed, I probaly will never play. I don't like grinding. I like actually being challenged, and survival is more then who has the best gun.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:32 pm

I agree, Df is flawed, but... The next best zombie MMO that I've found so far is Urban Dead...

And UD fails epically in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:54 pm

I dotn have to have an MMO. L4D sates my hunger for zombies, and you have to admit it's a spectacular game. Make it a little more slow paced, get rid of the bosses, add more dependancy on ammo convservation and scavenging you got the best MMO ever.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 5:59 pm

I love L4D, but with the exception of Megaman, Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, and the Tales series, non MMOs no longer fully satisfy me. The internet has spoiled me like that.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm

I prefer Role playing games. People in MMORPGs ruin MMOs for me.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:00 pm

thats why i am waiting for the game Z day

its a combo of df and l4d. ammo conservation, plus the need to eat. and working togeather to survie
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Sounds fun, but if I remember correctly, that's a first person shooter.

Yeah... My internet can't handle that.

It can barely handle DF. I counted today, and it took an hour and 52 minutes to load.
Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 am

I'm waiting for the real zombie apocalypse. Should be the most fun ever. Ammo conservation, eating, slow paced, no bosses, no escape, and killing your infected friends and family members!
Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Return to Arms Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Return to Arms   A Return to Arms Empty

Back to top Go down

A Return to Arms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next