Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)

Go down 
+4
Pest02
Trig
Z 1
fatalitywolf
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:23 pm

If you want to discuss or ask questions about New Eden this is the place to do so.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT OR TALK IN THE SIGN UP AREA IT IS FOR SIGN UP SHEETS STRICTLY!!!

Thank you. Enjoy the RP.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:56 am

what in the forum of weapons will there be?

and Armour?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:58 am

Whatever you can make from mother nature its self.

Sadly we don't have the technology for forging weapons and armor yet.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:01 am

did the aliens leave us with anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:01 am

You have what you happened to have in your pockets when you were abducted. So you happen to have a pocket knife awesome (Don't go over bored with this though).

But no. The aliens left us completely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:26 am

Would it be to much to assume that they picked me up in uniform, thus leaving me with a battle ready saber?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:41 am

Wait, pockets?

I thought we started out buck naked, but the aliens left us a wee bit of starter supplies.

(Would be much more epic XD )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 pm

I'm still considering it. I'm thinking we'll start off as you just mentioned.

Basically there would be a crate with clothing, a crate with 2 weeks of food, and a crate with minimal survival items (knives, flint, and other things that would be almost necessary for survival).

I'm also thinking of another thing. What if the aliens put the humans back on earth in groups of 500 to study how the would act by giving them different supplies. This would make the RP not only a struggle for survival but a psychology experiment as well.

The best example I can give to what I mean is lord of the flies. In lord of the flies the one who wielded the conch was the leader of the group. If in the cargo crate there was only one loaded pistol wielding it would almost inevitably make the wielder a leader.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:34 pm

I still say I should be president...
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:50 pm

Overlord Pest, at your service.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Badass
Badass
Konstantine

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:11 pm

The higher life force chose only the healthiest and most likely to survive for their project. These “chosen ones” were then cryogenically frozen for billions of years in order to allow the earth to “mend itself”.

BILLIONS.

This should be millions instead.

The amount the earth would change in billions of years would leave in unhabitable for human life.

The moon leaving the gravitational pull of the earth combined with natural phenomena would drastically change our earth.

Almost everything human made would be gone.

Plus making it earth makes creatures easier to imagine after millions of years of evolving. Also the rp characters might even be able to find evidence of humans, thus confirming that they are on earth, not an alien planet.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 am

Also...

Isn't the sun supposed to explode and kill as all in less than a billion years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:59 am

Update:

The RP is now moving to a website made solely for RPing. If anyone is still interested become a member at this site http://www.footstepsofghosts.com/forum.htm

I warn you however. Being a site solely for RPing they are a lot stricter on post length and grammar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 10:47 am

Update:

Movement of RP to other site has been canceled and it will be projected to release on UC sometime in the future (there will be an RP before this one though as I'm not feeling post apocalyptic at the moment, more suspense). I admit, I was far too excited when I found a website that revolved completely around RP's that I didn't bother to check its activity. Now 4 weeks later I've started to realize though they intend well, they post replies at speeds of about.. one post per week (IF that).

I hope all can be forgiven and those who previously showed interest in the RP still show interest. Until then I'll start working on a suspense horror.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Even though I'm supposed to be gone forever I've been having a terrible urge lately to see this RP through.. So many great ideas I've put into this RP..

If anyone has time, or is willing, I would like to start up this RP and allow it to go as far as I can drag it out before people stop with it.

So I'm going to start a new sign-up for the RP so that I can figure out who would still like to be a part of this. (The other sign up can be deleted if wished)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Leaving is impossible. We all return eventually.

One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
One of us.

It is a good idea though.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

One of us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Barry is the exception.

But alas it is pretty true. I've put 3 good years into this site and making friends along the way and no matter how pissed or displeased I get it seems over time I'm drawn back..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:51 pm

If some sort of virus wiped out the human race, and only left a select few alive, what is to say that it has not happened before, to the dinosaurs?

Why can we not be velicoraptors?

Can we be elves, as there is no scientific evidence to say they never existed?

What about vampires, as science has proven they can exist?

Or intelligent apes created in labs?
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:04 pm

It's Velociraptors, dear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:51 pm

I'll keep my Veli-Co-Raptors and you can have your furry dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 am

Great flaming tits, why was this removed from Old Roleplays?

At least... I think it was in old roleplays. It seems old enough to be in an old folk's home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Maybe Havoc wants to restart it? Who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 pm

I would LOVE to restart it. But it appears nobody has joined so it just sits here.. It was a great idea I had awhile back. I was going to start it but then I had an odd urge to do a mental hospital as an RP. So I put the release for this one back a while to do the hospital one. No that one is over I want to do this one again. I just threw it back out and started it over to see if anyone was interested in still doing it. Nobody has joined yet however..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)   Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion) Empty

Back to top Go down

Project: New Eden (Questions and Discussion)
Page 1 of 1