Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

TES III: Morrowind

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

TES III: Morrowind Empty
PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Well, I've got Morrowind now.

In my first travel's within the game, I returned a ring to some kid, learned of a smugglers hideout nearby, killed a crab, almost died, rested, got attacked by a Dark Brotherhood noob, owned him, stole his armor, entered the hideout, died to the first guard, left and bought a new weapon, went back to the smuggler's hideout, owned the first guard, died in 2 hits to the second guard who used magic, reloaded, owned the second and third guard, free'd some slaves, unwittingly obtained illegal substances, returned to the town to sell my stuff, got berated by the shop owner for attempting to sell him narcotics, left the narcotics on his desk, then stopped playing.

This game is a worthy RS replacement. I forgive Pengy for ditching RS so much for this game.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:42 am

Synyster Gates wrote:
...free'd some slaves, unwittingly obtained illegal substances...

Psh. The only real way to free the slaves is in Fallout 3, wearing Lincoln's hat, using Lincoln's repeater, and wearing a black suit. IT'S TIME FOR THE NEW PROCLAMATION.

Plus, why would you sell drugs?
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:39 pm

I had no idea they were drugs at the time. I'm new to the game. I just picked up everything in the cave, and obtained a bunch of Moonsugar and Skooma.

Now, though, I know those are drugs, and won't pick them up.

I read you can sell them to Khajiit traders though...

And the graphics of the world looks completely fine to me. I already got better bodies, new heads for character creation, and new hairtyles making my character look completely fine.Now all I need is NPC replacers.

The character models are the only problem with the graphics, in other words.

I just went with Changing Faces NPC replacer.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Oh. I just think that nicer graphics are nifty.

Now. I present to you, the only must-have mods for the game:
http://www.etherealsoftware.com.au/patch/
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=19510
http://lgnpc.org/

The first 2 are fixes to all the bugs morrowind has. Trust me, you need these.
The second is...well, amazing.

If you want armor/gear/ect, I recommend you use the ES search.
http://search.yacoby.net/
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Morrowind gtfo mai Runescape!

*Heads off to work, and will be on RS by 10:43*
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:40 pm

I might be up that late. It's finals week, which means half days and only 2 classes a day.
And tomorrow I have Bio and English...2 classes we don't have to do shit in for finals. (We turned in projects instead of taking an end of the year test.)
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:41 pm

We really should make a Morrowind topic. I thought one existed already, but I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:56 pm

One doesn't.

Make it Syn. Angry
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Because I convinced Syn to buy it.

If an admin could be so kind to move the posts in the RS topic regarding morrowind to this topic, I would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 am

I'm back from eating and once again the Elder Scrolls beckon me.

I tried installing a blood and gore patch, but it almost bricked my game, so I uninstalled. I'm considering a realism mode patch though.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:12 am

I'd avoid any GIANT overhaul realism patches. Rather replace small things that annoy you one at a time.

Ex: Don't like the armor stats? Get a mod for that. Don't like how expensive everything above glass is? Mod for that.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:54 am

Those are game breaking mods. Mods are for implementing newer features, not increasing armor stats and making things cheaper. I don't want anything that actually changes the way you play the game.

Unless there's new quests and areas. Those both introduce newer features and change the way you play the game.
Back to top Go down
Jabbawoky
Survivor
Jabbawoky

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 pm

I remember killing absolutely everything on Solstheim and making it my own personal island, and then using it as a base for frequent sorties into Vvardenfell to slay all of its inhabitants. Nothing can withstand the Spellspam class. Nothing.

Anywho, there is a mod in progress to make morrowind into the oblivion engine too. I doubt it will ever get finished, but its called Tamriel Rebuilt if you care.

These screens are too big for the forum, so have a link.

Picture 1

Picture 2
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 pm

I haven't dared to venture to Solstheim yet. I'm only level 7 and I think the monsters there are considerably strong.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Synyster Gates wrote:
Those are game breaking mods. Mods are for implementing newer features, not increasing armor stats and making things cheaper. I don't want anything that actually changes the way you play the game.

Unless there's new quests and areas. Those both introduce newer features and change the way you play the game.

Lol. You have it the other way around. The armor stats aren't being increased, in fact, most of the time decreased. For example, chitin has an armor rating of...25 I think. Vs glass having 80. Some people find this rediculous and lessen the gap between them by nerfing glass quite a bit.
And the price thing does the opposite. It makes things that you actually USE cost more (fast travel) and lessens the value of the epic loot you find. I personally find it ridiculous that upon killing a single Demora and getting a Daedric long sword I'm suddenly the richest being in Vvadenfell. I find it rather game breaking that you gain wealth so easy. So I play with an economy fixer as well as Necessities of Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Mudflap wrote:
I remember killing absolutely everything on Solstheim and making it my own personal island, and then using it as a base for frequent sorties into Vvardenfell to slay all of its inhabitants. Nothing can withstand the Spellspam class. Nothing.

Anywho, there is a mod in progress to make morrowind into the oblivion engine too. I doubt it will ever get finished, but its called Tamriel Rebuilt if you care.

These screens are too big for the forum, so have a link.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Oo Nice House.

And Tamriel Rebuilt is...a project that adds extra landmasses to the game. Part 1 and 2 are both out. They're excellent mods, but they do no such thing as you claim.

The project I'm keeping an eye on is Fliggerty's Better Battles.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Good point you make. I've killed 4 assassins while I rested and earned 20k from them.

I just want to beat the main storyline and get the max level though. Then I can concentrate more fully on my other goals. Long term mods aren't needed.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Synyster Gates wrote:
Good point you make. I've killed 4 assassins while I rested and earned 20k from them.

I just want to beat the main storyline and get the max level though. Then I can concentrate more fully on my other goals. Long term mods aren't needed.

Be sure you actually pay full attention to the storyline, read all the books you get and everything.

Tis an awesome main quest.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:35 am

So, I'm on the main quest mission where I have to go to Vivec and interrogate 3 different people.

So I'm walking around Vivec and find myself in the Arena. Where I come across this guy.

TES III: Morrowind MW-npc-Seanwen

I immediately desire his armor, but fear the consequences of taking it by force. So I wiki him and find out exactly what the consequences are.

Turns out he's important to absolutely no quests, and is only useful for his 100 Heavy Armor skill which he can train me in.

But I plan to get 100 Heavy Armor without the aid of training. I intend to get it through fighting. Whilst wearing his heavy armor.

So I decided he needed to die.

I used my incredibly high Speechcraft that I got mainly for the use on bartering and to raise disposition to taunt him into attacking me. I manage to get a few hits on him, but he turns out to be extremely powerful. I manage to take his health down about a centimeter before he hits me twice and die.

So I turn difficulty to -100.

He seems to have less HP now, but he still kills me in two hits. I manage to bring him close to death, one more hit would do it, but once again he gets two lucky hits in on me.

About 15 tries later, he falls to the ground dead, and the guard nearby does absolutely nothing about it. Because dumb Seanwen decided to instigate the fight. And now I have full Ebony armor at level 11 added to the Ebony longsword I got when I was level 2. But I'm still missing the helm...

The moral of the story kids? -100 difficulty is your friend when attempting to kill overpowered enemies that kill you in two hits. It also pays off to not get trained to 100 in a skill you can train yourself out in the world. Losing my chance to pay my way to 100 Heavy Armor was well worth the reward of full Ebony.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:48 am

Haw! Reminds me of Umbra, from TES IV: Oblivion. She's extremely powerful, and has the strongest sword in the entire game, as well as the best armour, or close to it.

I wanted her gear, but I was only level 2 or 3, so fighting her was out of the question.

So what did I do?

I hit her once, ran out of the cave she was in, (with her chasing me) and then ran/swam about six miles, all the way to the waterside district outside the Imperial city. To make myself faster, I did this naked, even though she could easily kill me in only a couple of hits.

Once there, the guards saw her attacking me for no reason, and drew their own swords against her. Unfortunately however, there were too few of them, so she ended up slaying them all.

Then she started chasing me again.

This time, I ran inside the city, where a dozen guards and that one unkillable guard-captain rushed to destroy her. Though the battle was long, and many guards and civilians were killed in the struggle, Umbra was eventually defeated.

After looting her epic gear and effectively becoming God, I played around with her naked corpse for about an hour, before dumbing it into one of those little pools.

Gawd, I love The Elder Scrolls. Syn's story makes me want to go out and buy Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
Jabbawoky
Survivor
Jabbawoky

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:27 am

I thought the best sword in oblivion was the one you get from a daedric quest, the ebony blade. I think the blade of woe or goldbrand may have been ok too. Unmodded Umbra only has a crappy soul trap enchantment I think. Haven't played oblivion in ages though.

Quote :
And Tamriel Rebuilt is...a project that adds extra landmasses to the game. Part 1 and 2 are both out. They're excellent mods, but they do no such thing as you claim.

The project I'm keeping an eye on is Fliggerty's Better Battles.

Aww, I disappointed myself...

Better Battles sounds good though, abit like oblivion's Deadly Reflex and that other combat mod, the one which you could edit and bash together with afew other things so you could cast nuke spells from ontop of an elephant.

And do I dare post another video mentioning the funky disco spell?
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Hey, don't be too disappointed. TR is still an amazing project.

And...I have heard something about a group of people trying to re-write morrowind's entire code to allow more things to be modified. That might be what you were thinking of.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:48 pm

Earlier today I finally got a helmet to match my Ebony. I got it from a Fighters guild quest.

I've ended up doing the Fighter guild quests much more than the main quests unfortunately. I'm rank 7 in the Fighters guild but only rank 3 in the Blades.

But I have my first 100 skill. Speed. I'm as fast as lighting now. I also have 100 strength and personality, obtained the level after I got speed. So essentially I'm a smooth talking lightning ox that lifts weights for a living.

Man, I love Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:20 pm

As requested by Syn:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=7039&id=5019

BAMF

This guy has a bunch of other high-quality race mods too. And some awesome headpacks and armor stuff.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:22 pm

Oh. and didn't you express wanting to play an archer?

If so, look up Phijama's mods. He has some awesome bows and quivers, as well as some nice swords with sheathing scripts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TES III: Morrowind   TES III: Morrowind Empty

Back to top Go down

TES III: Morrowind
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Game Centre :: Games Room-
Jump to: