Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Raveneye1991
Weapons: What do you need them to be?
Items: Anything you want!

Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven Empty
PostSubject: Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven   Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:56 pm

This is a background story of my Dea Frontier Character. Tell me what you think:

Operation Jupiter Rescue
Mission Briefing:
Raven Company, the unofficial US-sponsered "cleaners" now famous in the world of spooks due to their actions in the World Crisis, have been shipped to occupied France to help the clean-up operations going on. Secronom is under investigations because of a recent "interview" with an insurgent leader by the CIA, and US Senator Wesker orders us to help French Police raid a Secronom facility reported to be holding test subjects against thier will. Now the Senate may give us orders, but there is general dislike of Senator Wesker due to rumors he bought his seat and never reliquised control over Umbrella Corp when he took office. We did drills with these "Police", and they don't move at all like cops, but much rather like us commandoes. I have a bad feeling about this, but as I'm just a sargeant, I don't have a say in the matter.

Mission Start:
June 28th, 2016- Mission Success. The hostages were freed, but as Raven Company was told to just provide sniper support, we never saw them. Strangely though, we were pulled out mid-way through the op too. Now the men are extremely pissed and want answers. We were angry to be here in the first place (many of us owe Secronom our lives because of N-2 treatments), but discarding us just like that is even worse. One thing is bothering though: I overheard the officers speaking about the op and they had heard rumors of the subjects bitting people. Lets hope their just rumors.

Operation Hades Reserection
Mission Briefing:
Not even a week since our last mission, and Raven Company has been ordered to deploy in the area called Bravo-Golf-Charlie. This is the name we always get when deployed on extermination missions. These missions usually come during a war, so we weren't expecting this. Maybe this has to do with... nah, those newspapers faked those stories of the dead walking the streets. There is no way it's true. Well, almost time for the drop, I'll finish the report later.

Mission Start:
July 5th, 2016- I was wrong, those newspapers were telling the truth! The dead really are walking the streets! Get a hold of yourself. Okay, I'll start from the beginning. We landed near a town called Hillshaven, and made are way in shooting anything in sight. Most of those shoot didn't make a sound, and what few did made a moaning noise that chills the bones. We moved quickly and it wasn't until we were in the center of town that we realized our mistake: those that weren't shot in the head still could move and attack us. In addition, The noise we made coming into town attracted even more of these things. We spent the rest of the day fighting our way out to a hill nearby and took horrendous casulities. Out of the 237 of us that dropped in that night, only 35 remain. N-2 doesn't seem to work as effectively any more, as even those bitten still die and become one of them. All of the medics are dead, all of the officers are dead or MIA, and the only NCO left is me. This is terrible. I'm the only original Raven left now. Just what the hell is going on!
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven   Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:25 am

Operation Survival:
Current Status:
It's been at least a few months since my last report. I know it is unlikely anyone will ever read them, but I feel I owe my now deceased comrades something to be remembered by. We held out a few weeks at the hill, building or repairing/replacing barricades of wood during the day, then fighting for our lives at night. We even occasionally raided the town for food and ammo (most of which came from our fallen friends). Finally, our ammo ran out and we could see even more infected then when we arrived, so we started falling back with anything we could use. We traveled at day, slept in cleared builings or treetops at night. Despite our precautions, we still lost people to either insanity, accidents and infected attacks. We're now down to 10 men, and it might soon be nine because Sanchez probably work pull through. He got attacked by pack of starving dogs while we were clearing an old building, and they mauled him pretty bad before we got there and killed them. They didn't appear infected, but just to be safe we're not eating them, despite our hunger. We did find radios there though, long range types used by civilians. Despite our hailing, nobody repsonded, though we weren't hoping too much. Gotta go, an infected has been spotted, and we need to set up our defenses.

Its been a few days since last entry, but we finally managed to get to a new city. Place called Fairview, but right now it looks anything but. The infection wiped it out by the looks of it, but we still have to go in there or face starvation. We could also use new weapons, as the only ones still useful are our combat knives (including extras we picked up from comrades), a M60 machine gun with 200 rounds left, a M21 sniper rifle with 30 rounds left, and three pistols with only one 9-round mag in each. We did have a grenade, but Sanchez used it to take down the infected and allow us to escape. He didn't have much longer so he decided what he wanted to do with his last few minutes on Earth. Any way, we're holding up in an old motel on the outskirts and will venture forth tommorow.

Great news! Our radio just caught a broadcast between other survivors. We are not alone! We told them who we were and they told us about a last stand being done at an outpost of sorts. We all were so excited. We could go to a place where we didn't have to fight anymore and just live out our days there in peace, not scrounging around in the woods hoping to not encounter infected. Tomorrow we will be meeting with a group if survivors who will lead us to our salvation. Soon this mission will be a success!

What the hell happened?!! We were all there at the meeting area, when something huge came out. It proceeded to take us down one by one, and even after we all emptied our remaining ammo into it, it just kept going. I was hit and knocked uncouncious, but my men where all killed. I was taken back to this outpost, a place called Nastya's Holdout, and treated for a few weeks. I had nearly every bone broken in my body, and have lost my long-term memory from before our attack on Hillshaven. All I have left are these reports I found, but my name isn't given on any of them. According to the earliest date, I have been told a year and a half have passed. As I need a name, I've decided to be called Raven, after the group I used to be in. Not sure what I'm going to do now, but I've survived. Mission Success.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven   Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:09 pm

2018-
It's been a year since I last wrote anything down, as everything is about the same everday. After my recovery, I became a member of the community of civilians, doing odd jobs for people to make a living. It's taken this long to be able to find more paper and also a writing tool. I've been trying desprately to find a weapon, and even turned to street brawling with a fight club to get money for one. As I'm not a looter (the elites of society now), I'm not permitted into their market, and trying to steal a weapon is very hard. I'm not rich enough to afford a looter-recovery system, which all looters are implanted with to protect them from death. It's a computer chip developed by former Secronom and Umbrella scientists that prevents death from N-4 virus infections and also will produce a death-like state in its owner if too much damage is sustained by the body to fool the infected into leaving them alone. I need to get one if I ever hope to avenge my comrades and make a deceant living in this world.

Found a guy who's retiring from the looter world and wants to be a civilian now. He's willing to have his chip turned over to me, but first I have to do something for him. If I can get an outpost gaurd to let me into a defensive area and fight with him, he'll give me his chip. Now all I need is a gun, but where to find one...

I did it! I found an old tomcat and pen knife off a knocked out looter, and proved myself worthy to him. The gaurds were too busy fighting to notice me go up to the main gate, I found the old man and proceeded to shoot zombies with him. He's agreed to his part, and got a doctor to do the operation. By this time tommorow, I'll be one step closer to finally earning a real living and having my revenge.

It's been about a week since my looter-chip was implanted, and as an official looter I got into the looters-only area. Talking around, I got a place near the notice board to live in and learned about what it was that attacked me. Called both the Behemoth and Big Red, it is the scourge of the city, but nobody knows why it doesn't just attack the outpost. A few have claimed to have killed it, but nobody has seen its corpse at the sites of the battles. I need to get better equipment if I hope to take it down, that is a certainty. Also got into a clan called the Wild Geese Mercenaries, who have accepted me into their small group and agreed to train me. Afterwards, they said to go check out other guilds once I'm powerful enough, as there is only so much they do now-of-days. Most just hang out there and talk, so I'm going to go do that.

Heard that Umbrella Corp. is starting up again, and as I need some employment, they seem to be a good choice. Also heard word of an offensive being planned to reach some new outposts that have been established further out in the city to try and get electricty back on. Hope it works, as those chefs are getting pissed with needing gas and wood to cook with, which means more complaints everytime I show up with stuff to be cooked. Hopfully those rumors about even deadlier zombies showing are just that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven   Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven Empty

Back to top Go down

Raven Company Reports- The Journal of Raven
Page 1 of 1