Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Pot: To be or not to be..

Go down 
+3
W. Birkin
Imp
Raveneye1991
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Pot: To be or not to be.. Empty
PostSubject: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 8:30 am

That is the question.

So is pot illegal for good cause or should it be legalized. Be sure to not just give a broad answer. Instead try and elaborate on why you believe what you believe.

I'll be posting my views shortly but I'm sure we can already guess which side I'm on. ;)

Note: this is only currently a debate about if pot (marijuana) should be legalized so don't include other drugs unless it strengthens your point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:31 am

Pot is already legal if it is used for medicinal purposes.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Raveneye1991
Weapons: What do you need them to be?
Items: Anything you want!

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 10:34 am

While I believe in medical pot uses (though not all States allow this), doing it just to get high is not a justifiable answer to me. I went to high-school full of potheads, and it sucked. Pot messes with the mind and, over time, damages the brain. For example, a said pothead from my school, who before getting into it was a nice, smart and decent fellow, changed into a complete idoit who did so many things even when not high that the school eventually expelled him and had to overhaul the rules about what was acceptable. I could do a list of it, but my hands would get Carpal-tunnel before I finished half of it.
Also, where do you think a majority of pot comes from? It grows naturally, I'll admit, but most of what is sold on the streets comes from drug cartels. While not the best-known product they sell, they use the same method of growing it: human slaves. These people most likely had nothing to do with it before hand, yet now are forced to grow it under penalty of death or worse, all so the cartels can get rich off of the average Joe's want to get high. Think about that when you think about lighting up a fat boy next time (if you do).
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 am

Knowing people died to grow his weed will probably make Havoc want to smoke more.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:07 am

I make straight A's except in math, and have a criminal record as clean as freshly driven snow. I have been smoking pot regularly since 8th grade. Interestingly, I almost failed the grade prior to my introduction to drugs. The two years leading up to that, I got into fights daily. Since 8th grade, I've gotten into only a few. I graduated head and shoulders above my peers, even above the honor students that had never touched the stuff.

The downside? I got fatter. Probably would have happened anyway, since we Mississippians don't go outside (It's fucking humid). But hey, it's better than being stupid. Or a rapist/murderer/anti semite/dolphin clubber/hipster.

(Not directed at anyone, just putting that out there)

Also, it's really fun...

Last edited by Trigger on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:11 am

I think it should be legalized, and that it probably will in the near future.

When you get right down to it, pot is a pretty harmless drug from what I've seen.
I've never smoked the stuff myself (I don't drugs period.), but my nephew did for
years and it never did anything to him mentally other than helped him to
relax. Can pot be harmful? I suppose it could be harmful if you consider some of
the possibilities. Some people probably have been hurt or killed as a result of DUI,
but more than likely the only way someone will really get hurt is from a corrupt dealer.
I've never heard of anyone overdosing on pot, have you?

Not only this but it's actually more costly for the state for pot to be illegal. So many
police officers are chalking up huge expenditures of funds in lawsuits because they
continually keep busting and processing people who are by all rights, are able to grow
and own pot (those medical users and providers.).

Lastly, think of all the revenue that could be generated from legalizing pot. It has
other uses other than just smoking or eating in your brownies. It can be used to
make clothes and paper, shampoos, and many other products. Lords knows we could
use a boost to the economy atm. >>
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 am

The worst I do with pot is get on the chatbox, only to discover that I'm too blazed to understand what anyone's talking about D: I usually end up saying something totally out there, and it ends up in the chat quotes. D:<

Pot makes you into a harmless recluse that wishes only to observe and comprehend.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 12:45 pm

thats a hell yea
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:11 pm

Trigger wrote:
Pot makes you into a harmless recluse that wishes only to observe and comprehend.

I'm already like this, does that mean the effects would be reversed if I smoked?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:33 pm

No, that means you would do what I do.

And I do some pretty awesome shit.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:56 pm

Legalizing pot would only take money out of drug dealer's pockets and give it where it's needed. It would also probably make it harder for people like me to get a hold of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:42 am

Good to see that most are for the legalization of the drug.

But here is a question to go even further. Are you for legalizing marijuana for medical or recreational use?

Personally I see know problem with having it legalized as a recreational hobby people can take up (like I have). The rules for said legal pot would be regulated the same way Alcohol is regulated of course. You would be a required age to buy and legally smoke it and there would also be penalties for driving or being high in public places. Such people that get caught driving or in public would receive DUIs, fines, and possibly serve time. Though I'm all for the drug being realized I do understand the possible hazards associated with the drug and that some people choose to risk them. That is why rules would need be made.

So far the list I have compiled of the positive aspects of legalizing drugs are as follows:

Would end drug trafficing
Would destroy mexicos economy
Would lower americas crime rate.
Would thin the unnecessary amount of convicts by not jailing people for possession.
Would lead to a happier world filled with kind fun loving pot heads.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:22 pm

there are a few negatives like,

missing work cause you passed out
food shortage
savings account runs dry

and um, other things
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:26 am

Guest wrote:

So far the list I have compiled of the positive aspects of legalizing drugs are as follows:

Would end drug trafficing
Would destroy mexicos economy
Would lower americas crime rate.
Would thin the unnecessary amount of convicts by not jailing people for possession.
Would lead to a happier world filled with kind fun loving pot heads.

I would like to know how destroying Mexico's economy is a positive aspect.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 1:32 am

Mexico would just up their distributing of meth and coke...that claim made no sense to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pot: To be or not to be..   Pot: To be or not to be.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Pot: To be or not to be..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: