Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Vindictus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Vindictus is a free MMORPG created by Valve (Half Life, Left 4 Dead), and is hosted by Nexon (Combat Arms, Maplestory). The game's main attraction is incredible physics gameplay using the Source engine. It's centered around the ancient Roman ages, and as such is heavily melee based. I haven't played it yet, but I am downloading it. It seems simliar to D&D Online, with emphasis on random instance dungeons and party teamplay.

You will be able to color and create your own armor according to the makers of the game, meaning you can look unique even with the best gear (Trigger).

For free it's worth a try, and if it's made by Valve, a high quality game producer, using the same physics engine as Portal, then I'm sure it can't be BAD. I'll give it a proper review after I've played it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Vindictus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vindictus   Vindictus EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:10 pm

This game is amazingly high quality. It has fully cinematic single player story quests on top of the multiplayer partying, with full voiceovers, on top of incredible combat with fully destructable environments (physics engine at work) leaving chunks and pieces of your surroundings piled on the floor next to the chunks of your enemies you hacked off and threw against a wall where they bounced around with the awesome physics. I especially love grabbing enemies and smashing their heads against the wall. Their heads explode and the wall splinters and cracks and collapses.

The game is incredibly violent. As expected from a Valve game, feel free to decorate the walls and floor with your enemies brains every time you even come near them. You hardly have to attack before the floor is covered with blood, much like Left 4 Dead and Half Life.

For free, I'm extremely impressed. Download this game.
Back to top Go down

Vindictus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Game Centre :: Games Room-
Jump to: