Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Umbrella Clan Item v2

Go down 
+11
Uvana
W. Birkin
havikk
Jabbawoky
Raveneye1991
ColonelKickAss
Havoc
Animal Mother
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Imp
Joe Jack
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Umbrella Clan Item v2 Empty
PostSubject: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:42 am

Way way way back in the time of the summer of 2010, me, Wesker, DEK and others in the know were
debating something very very important: Our own clan item. We all know that our dear Jarki here has
ties with Admin, to such a degree that we -might- be able to get our own clan item much like VOID's
special armor (one good hax deserves another.) And it was decided by the heads that if we could all
agree on something, we'd do whatever we could to scrape together the necessary funds to make this
a reality.

The problem is, none of us could really settle on anything specific, and since the topic has fallen by
the wayside. So, we're going to re-open this discussion. We will discuss ideas, pick out the best of
the best and then ultimately put the choices to a vote. Please keep in mind that we won't be able
to use anything that might be protected by Capcom's trademarks and copyrights, so the official
logo is out, however we can still use a parody. Say if you want to include the umbrella logo,
specifically mention an umbrella shaped patch, perhaps red in color and outlined in white, or vice
versa.

I'm going to post a suggestion templates below so please use it when you suggest something.
Be as specific in detail as possible, the better the detail in the suggestion, the more seriously
it will be considered.

Clothing Template
Name
Type: (Hat, Pants, Shirt, etc)
Color / Design:

Weapon Template
Name:
Weapon Class: (Melee, Handgun, Longarm, etc)
Ammo Type:
Capacity: (If any)
Reload Speed:
Firing Speed:
Accuracy:
Critical Chance:
Skill requirements:
DPS:

Weapon Description:

Armor Template
Name:
Type: (Mesh, plate, etc)
Durability Score:
Absorption Rate:
Engineer Repair Lvl:

Item Description:

Suggestion List

Name: Charged Particle Weapon
Suggested by: Wesker
Weapon Class: Rifle? / Special
Ammo Type: Plasma/Energy
Capacity: XX / Unlimited ammo
Reload Speed: ???
Firing Speed: ???
Accuracy: ???
Critical Chance: ???
Skill requirements: ???
DPS: ???

Weapon Description:
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Raveneye1991
Weapons: What do you need them to be?
Items: Anything you want!

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 am

Here are my suggestions:

Weapon: USS VSS Special
Type: Rifle
Ammo: 9mm rilfe
Capacity: 35 rounds
Reload: Slow
2 shots per second
Accuracy: Very good
Critical: Very High Chance
DPS: 54-55
100 Rilfe skill Required

Armor: UBCS Roit Gear
70 strength required
180 Durability
75% damage absorbtion rate
Engineer Raepair: 35+

And for the heavy hitters out there:

Weapon: Tyrant (Nemesis) Cannon
Type: HMG/Minigun
Ammo: 7.5 (12.7 if minigun) rifle rounds
Ammo Capacity: 300 rounds
Reload: Slow
8.57 shots/second
Accuarcy: Low
Critical: Very low
DPS: 190 (477.55 if minigun)
100 strength required
100 machine gun skill required

I think these make them worth joining us, yet not so overpowering to be considered HAX, and heck, the armor is just a less stat expensive Exterminator Reactive (non XT).
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:48 pm

this is an interesting idea, this is what i'd say off the top of my head.

Clothing Template
Name BSL-4 Suit and Respirator
Type: coat part and a mask part. matching pants could be a bonus but 3 items seems a bit much.
Color / Design: white or yellow. like a hazmat suit.

BSL - BioSafety Level 4, as in high-end biological protection gear. i'd be quite happy wandering round the city looking like i'v just robbed the CDC. the respirator part could just be a gas mask, or a cross between a gas mask and an exterminator helmet or something. a full head cover. as for the clothing, a much less bulky hazmat suit like you can probably see on google.

edit:
something like this.

UBC Carbine:
Weapon Class: Pistol AND Rifle
Ammo Type: .45 or .50 cal handgun
Capacity: 12
Reload Speed: average
Firing Speed: fast
Accuracy: average
Critical Chance: very high
Skill requirements: 90 Pistol OR 90 rifle.
DPS: 82+ (roughly the same or better than S&W500)

Weapon Description:
a trade-off between pistols and rifles. less accurate, more critical, fires and reloads faster and uses pistol ammo. would be a great looting weapon IMO, and i think its something different it would be cool to see on the server. if i ever got Neil to make me a weapon, it would be something like this. should be usable by pistol AND rifle users, so long as you have either 90 rifle or 90 pistol you should be able to use this gun, so not limiting it to one class only. as for looks, like a short-barrel rifle. a nice fancy looking one.

UBC Powered Exo-Suit
Type: (Mesh, plate, etc) exterminator reactive style full body cover
Durability Score: 300 (same as void armour right?)
Absorption Rate: 70%
Engineer Repair Lvl: 45
str req - 100

more durability than an exterm reac XT, less actual absorption. a heavy suit of armour with servomotor amplifiers in the joints allowing the wearer to move as if unemcumbered by its colossal weight. if it gets void style 'bonuses' (as i understand their armour does?) then i'd say something that lets you sprint longer, or recover energy faster, as it is a powered suit and you would expect it to take most of the strain of moving in it. mechanical whining and whirring sounds optional. as for looks, full body cover (minus head) and the actual exoskeleton should be visible. think something that looks so bad-ass you want to wrestle a titan while wearing it, or pick up a house.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 5:13 pm

My take on Wesker's suggestion

Umbrella Clan Item v2 Linear10
Name: Linear Launcher
Weapon Class: Explosive
Ammo Type: Plasma
Capacity: 12 / Unlimited
Reload Speed: Very Slow
Firing Speed: Slow firing speed
Accuracy: Average Accuracy
Critical Chance: Zero Chance
Skill requirements: 100 Explosive
DPS: 54 1.5 shot(s) per second

Special Traits: This weapon takes up the armor slot and a weapon slot. It doesn't
provide any benefits that armor would, but cannot be broken or damaged. The
weapon has an unlimited supply of ammo, however it still requires time to reload
it's charges. Id like to think the weapon can by-pass the damage absorption
quality of armors, given that the player using this thing doesn't get the benefit of
using armor, too. However Id be happy with the damage itself being on the highest
tier.

Description: This plasma-based prototype weapon was developed by a secret group
of scientists within the depths of the out-post. The weapon appears to be a standard
military issue rocket launcher. A portable plasma generator is connected to the rear
of the weapon and worn on the wielder's back, providing a limitless supply of ammo
for the weapon.

Last edited by God Of Birkin 2 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Name: Samurai Edge UC92F
Weapon Class: Pistol
Ammo Type: .45
Capacity: 15
Reload Speed: Fast reload speed
Firing Speed: Fast firing speed (3 shots per second)
Accuracy: High accuracy
Critical Chance: High critical chance
Skill requirements: 100 pistol
DPS: 36.2 (With 100+ critical/80% chance: 144.8)

Weapon Description: Based on the Beretta "Samurai Edge" 92F used by the S.T.A.R.S, the Umbrella Corporation releases, to a select few, their own take on the gun. It's the fastest firing pistol in the game, uses a .45 caliber bullet rather than a .40, and retains its 15 round capacity for those without a high reload stat.

Visually, the gun only differs with a glossy black finish and rather than a S.T.A.R.S. logo on the handle, what remains is the Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Kanden wrote:

Weapon Description: Based on the Beretta "Samurai Edge" 92F used by the S.T.A.R.S, the Umbrella Corporation releases, to a select few, their own take on the gun. It's the fastest firing pistol in the game, uses a .45 caliber bullet rather than a .40, and retains its 15 round capacity for those without a high reload stat.

Visually, the gun only differs with a glossy black finish and rather than a S.T.A.R.S. logo on the handle, what remains is the Umbrella.

I like and approve of this, so long as it looked like Barry Burton's SE. Maybe with more red. We need someone who's good in photoshop!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Admin's artist would be drawing it Tongue
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:52 pm

for reference kanden
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 12:58 am

yeah. Though with the market situation what it is, the amount of credits needed to buy such an item from admin would be astronomically out of reach.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:42 am

*owns 1 of 2 Silver Serpents*

>:3
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:28 am

That's exactly why it's important to get everyone in the clan in on this project. Everyone
will have to pitch in credits in order to make this a reality, and that's why we need to have
something everyone can get behind. We need to get the other members from DF in here
and talk to them.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:15 am

I'll be fine with a armor at least, eveyone needs that. If it's like a stronger mesh like the Black Dragon Scale (I believe it's a mesh at least, never really been intrested in it when comparing it to VOID armor), I know all the looters aamoung us will like it at least.
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Kanden wrote:

i could see definitely myself using this, its not unlike my carbine in many ways, but with an even faster firing speed and obviously much more Resident Evil. i would prefer it uses .50 tho, as .45, while it does show up in DR, is not as common there as .50 as far as i have seen so far, and that thing looks thirsty. .45 does still turn up tho, so i guess its not a huge problem. i'd still use it.

God Of Birkin 2 wrote:
My take on Wesker's suggestion

Name: Linear Launcher
Weapon Class: Explosive
Ammo Type: Plasma
Capacity: 12 / Unlimited
Reload Speed: Very Slow
Firing Speed: Slow firing speed
Accuracy: Average Accuracy
Critical Chance: Zero Chance
Skill requirements: 100 Explosive
DPS: 54 1.5 shot(s) per second

Special Traits: This weapon takes up the armor slot and a weapon slot. It doesn't
provide any benefits that armor would, but cannot be broken or damaged. The
weapon has an unlimited supply of ammo, however it still requires time to reload
it's charges. Id like to think the weapon can by-pass the damage absorption
quality of armors, given that the player using this thing doesn't get the benefit of
using armor, too. However Id be happy with the damage itself being on the highest
tier.

Description: This plasma-based prototype weapon was developed by a secret group
of scientists within the depths of the out-post. The weapon appears to be a standard
military issue rocket launcher. A portable plasma generator is connected to the rear
of the weapon and worn on the wielder's back, providing a limitless supply of ammo
for the weapon.

tbh i wouldnt use this without it carrying armour MC bonuses. i could see it being a fun toy in the arena/for PVP, but i wouldnt go out looting with it, and thats what i do in DF. it is an interesting idea tho, if it could carry armour MC bonuses i would definitely be keen to own one Smiley

as for credits, how many are we talking here? as VOID's armour is (was?) 15k, i'm guessing an armour would be about that and a weapon maybe half if we are lucky? each? as Bucky says thats a lot of money with the marketplace as it is, and no matter how much i like this game i'm not paying actual money for anything besides a GM, and thats a lot of months-worth of creds lol.

perhaps if a gun would be the cheaper credit option we should decide to go for one of those. preferably one that helps make a lot of money, so something thats only hearing range aggro and perhaps has infinite ammo, as that would be a *big* help in earning the monies for credits to sort out the more expensive armour. this is assuming we could get more than one thing made some time apart.

i think its about time i started a proper treasury thread somewhere here, see about making some clan money and taking orders for high level equipment from our active players. i'l get to it when i have a minute.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Animal Mother wrote:
Kanden wrote:

i could see definitely myself using this, its not unlike my carbine in many ways, but with an even faster firing speed and obviously much more Resident Evil. i would prefer it uses .50 tho, as .45, while it does show up in DR, is not as common there as .50 as far as i have seen so far, and that thing looks thirsty. .45 does still turn up tho, so i guess its not a huge problem. i'd still use it.
It's for balance. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:22 pm

I suggested a not-so-overpowered VSS earlier, and that shouldn't be too expensive at least compared to an armor, around maybe 2.5 creds at least (since they would be like a FTBS or Rebellion).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:24 pm

54 DPS is pretty damn high when you take crit into account.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Hmmm, forgot about that, but if it shoots slightly faster, I thought it would be needing to be higher. Maybe just a high chance like regular rifles is needed, I didn't realize I put very high critical until just now. Opps. Umbrella Clan Item v2 868336
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 pm

My pistol is pretty damned balance. I didn't make it super-strong for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 pm

It is indeed, I just thought for a unique weapon it should be powerful like the FTBs or Rebellion, but I tried to make it still even so it's now like a Gauss rifle where everything dies in about three hits.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Well, there's already a custom VSS and another custom rifle Tongue
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 pm

i do like the idea of a custom pistol more, note Kandens above response.

how about if the stars beretta was like the semi-auto version of an alpha bull? a more powerful desert eagle, with better knockback and using .45cal ammo.

i'm not sure i like the idea of chewing thru ammo as a balancing factor. if thats what you meant. i'd rather it was a little slower (2 shots a second) and had a reasonable DPS. not an excessive one, a bit higher than an AB should be reasonable considering its going to cost a lot of credits. the actual damage per hit/critical would be less than an AB, but the faster speed gives it higher DPS potential.

or is that too much like a dusk enforcer?
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:28 pm

I honestly cant see a clan item ever really working or happening for umbrella. Out of all the ideas suggested, I think Kandens looks the most promising, but even that might be too much. In order for us to have a clan item, we'd likely have to drastically change how we take recruits and such, otherwise people would simply join, buy the item, and then leave. I'm unsure how exactly clan items even work due to only VOID having one, but It would likely end up causing a lot of problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:33 pm

Animal Mother wrote:
i do like the idea of a custom pistol more, note Kandens above response.

how about if the stars beretta was like the semi-auto version of an alpha bull? a more powerful desert eagle, with better knockback and using .45cal ammo.

i'm not sure i like the idea of chewing thru ammo as a balancing factor. if thats what you meant. i'd rather it was a little slower (2 shots a second) and had a reasonable DPS. not an excessive one, a bit higher than an AB should be reasonable considering its going to cost a lot of credits. the actual damage per hit/critical would be less than an AB, but the faster speed gives it higher DPS potential.

or is that too much like a dusk enforcer?

The point is that it'd be the only pistol with 3 shots per second. I don't want it to have better knockback, and I suppose that as it uses ammo fast, .50 rounds are suitable. It's sort of like a semi-auto AB but more special.

And yeah, it'd be like a combo of the two endgame pistols. Maybe with a lowered skill requirement.

Imp, that's a great point about people joining/buying/leaving, but we could just have it so they need permission from the actual leaders in order to purchase it. It prevents unloyals from getting it.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:53 pm

Black dragon mesh/scale was before VOID... Even elite shop. XD

VOID Armour, like BD Scale, is a special case. I dont know if the information ever became privy to te public or not so I'll leave it at that.

But like Kanden said, I don't see this happening. The only.. Reasonable one in my opinion would be the Samurai Edge. And even then, Neil may just go, "Sorry, I just don't have the time."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 pm

In that case, time the proposition. Like, when full release comes, after Duke Nukem Forever is released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Clan Item v2
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next