Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Behold : New Stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Behold : New Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:46 am

Found on Greg Taylor's site. This doesn't 100% mean that they'll all end up ingame, but it's pretty damn likely.

I'm glad to see a Dusk Saw at long last, even though I've always been against the idea of Dusk equipment.

I hate all the Corpse stuff, except the outfit/armor on the right. It's pretty neat.

But all my love goes to the Naginata. I hope it's great. I've wanted one of these for soooooooooooo long. I'd gladly sell a Corpse Blaster for it.

This has made me want to start playing again, as the prospect of new equipment always does. Expect me on tomorrow.

Behold : New Stuff Newstu10

Last edited by Birkin of Time on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lawng pic is lawng, neugh D:< ~ Birkin)
Back to top Go down
Jabbawoky
Survivor
Jabbawoky

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:52 am

Yes, this was posted on the forums a week ago or more. I think the thread was deleted for unknown reasons; probably the fact that it caused all sorts of threads, expectations and speculation to occur.

The artwork is itself very old, Corpse Blaster excepted. The Dusk Enforcer is the old image-style for example, and even the chainsaw still says STIHL, a name which has not been in the game since... 2008/9?

I'd like that Corpse Armor nonethless. And that Japanese blade.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:50 pm

Ah. Well it popped up on the wiki six days ago, and it got me all moist. Despite having not played seriously since mid-2009, I still make a point to check the wiki every week or two.

If nothing else, Neil is set for the next half-dozen Halloweens. Cheesy

As a fanatic melee enthusiast, I desperately hope the Corpse Tomahawk is next.

And dat Naginata...
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:06 pm

All of the corpse stuff can just fuck off and die. -.-;;

The only one that even looks remotely useful is the corpse grinder, and that's
pushing it a bit. The rest? Who would touch that shit at the risk of infection?
The armors are stupid. too.

The other equipment I like, though I cant get excited over anything in the dusk line.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:30 pm

Yeah, I HATE the corpse weapons, appearance-wise. :\ I like the costume, but only if it's just for looks. If it's actually an armor, then I call BS. Weirder things have happened though.

Dusk stuff I could tolerate if it weren't unlimited ammo. I think everything in the game should have ammo, be it bullets, fuel, or item-endurance. But as far as looks go, Dusk wins every time.

Out of everything up there, the only thing that really excites me is the Naginata. I'm also moderately interested in the Vector, which could be the elusive level 100 submachinegun.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:33 pm

Why do people think this is actually something that might seriously happen? It's just fanart. Admin probably didn't even give it a second glance.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:41 pm

It's all drawn by Greg Taylor, the professional artist who drew every item in the game. If he draws anything for DF, it's because Adminpwn paid him to draw it.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Oh? Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Admin once promised that we'd get to play as zombies.

Maybe running around with a corpse tomahawk is our version of playing undead.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:46 am

I'd be happy with barricading and browser caching. Ugh...

I don't think playing as zombies is practical in this game anymore, not with as many gaus
as there are out there.
Back to top Go down
Jabbawoky
Survivor
Jabbawoky

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Triggitius wrote:
As a fanatic melee enthusiast...

You will be very sadface when you find out how crummy chainsaws are for endgame and endzone now. I mean, just look at how sad RE4's Dr Salvador was when he tried to use chainsaws after the update...

Behold : New Stuff Sad-face-paper-bag

Now thats sadface.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 pm

There was a one-week period about a year ago, where I made a new character, got to level 20, then ran around with three nearly GC'd Grinders, slaying all that was in my path, getting close to level 50 in the process. I couldn't be more bored of them now if I tried D:

*SEVERELY fucking regrets selling his Amp for a Doom Cane*
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Behold: This shit just became fucking real.

http://deadfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/New_Items

Or has it? It -is- April 1'st....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behold : New Stuff   Behold : New Stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Behold : New Stuff
Page 1 of 1