Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

VIDJA GAMES!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adalinda
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Adalinda

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name: Crimson
Weapons: Stealing Birkins cheeseburgers.
Items: Birkins cheeseburgers

VIDJA GAMES! Empty
PostSubject: VIDJA GAMES!   VIDJA GAMES! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:54 pm

So, while just kinda sitting around and fuming over games, I noticed something rather amusing. This forum despite having clans on games, has no rant section for "other" video games beyond DF. Now, that's just a damn shame, so that's what this is. Rant about video games. Be it one particular game, or a game "setting" or company. Lets get the hate flowing Cheesy And maybe introduce players to other games!

Too start out, as this is the rant section, I do have a huge bone to pick with immersion and Customization in games. I mean, I get that in Shooters and shit. But what the fuck, RPG's should be fully immersible and customizable, I mean, their RPG's for fucks sake!

For example, oblivion. Great customization, decent story. But fuck all if its immersible. The game world doesn't change, ever, and your choices don't change shit save for a very "select" few quests. And on top of that, they don't do shit to the ending no matter what you do, and all you get is a measly set of shite armor. Several armors are "Non-player" meaning they can't be looted and warn no matter what. And even if you "do" complete the main quest, and become the champion of cyrodil, no one ever acknowledges it. Join the arena, your an unknown scum bag, despite SAVING THE WORLD FROM A FUCKING GOD. Complete the expansions, go ahead, become the glorious crusader and slay a god, or become a living go yourself. It don't mean shit, its just a title that no one acknowledges.

If I become the leader of the Mages guild, I want people to refer to me as the ARCH MAGE, if I become the master thief..well..that ones understandable, same with the dark brotherhood. If I'm the guild master of the fighters guild, I want people to acknowledge it. What the fuck is with the champion of cyrodil being "unknown" go start the arena after the main quest, the dude don't even KNOW YOUR NAME OR TITLE. He thinks your completely incapable of fighting, I mean, WTF is that shit?

On the flip side, their are games that do acknowledge things you do, and have consequences on your choices, but have almost no customization aspect. ME2 is a huge offender of this, after the customization and choices in ME1, we get a fairly liner, fairly short, and near on customizable game. You get like, four weapons in each "type" but no real weapons at all. You can "upgrade" them, but thats it, that's not customization. Thats not immersion. Just the same gun over and over. Again, great for shooters, but NOT for an RPG.

And while I'm on the topic of ME-2, what is with sequels to games. Almost ALWAYS they turn out to be hollowed out shells of their first self. I mean, what the fuck man. DA-2 is a huge offender on this territory. It's almost "nothing" like the original game, theirs customization sure, but very little. You can't be anything BUT human, sure the classes are still there, but you dont get to visit other cities. You get a brief trip down to the Deep Roads, but thats it. Beyond that your stuck in fucking kirk wall, save for a few missions that require you to go out into one of five reused dungeons, or one of five "in kirkwall" dungeons. And thats just for starters.

TL:DR: RPGS need more fucking customization and immersion elements! RAAAAAGE
Back to top Go down

VIDJA GAMES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIDJA GAMES!   VIDJA GAMES! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 5:54 pm

I loved playing as a City Elf in DA. The thought that someone kidnapped me and tried to rape me, leading to their systematic slaughter makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Plus, banging Liliana was pretty hot.

Oblivion, I understand that too. Hopefully the new game they're making will fix that shit. Plus, more houses need to be buy-able. I want my game to double as Monopoly like Fable does.

Why not add Fable to the list? In Fable 1 I was a hulking brute of a man who, since he was never taught otherwise, killed indiscriminately. I assumed since he was silent, he was also retarded. It ended with me become a whore at the brothel.

Fable 2 added more choices, but it was all the same. People are now 'individuals' with families. I find it hard killing named peasants, that have children. Not because I'm a good person at heart, but since I can't KILL CHILDREN, they will become wards of the state. I'm the Queen, so that means that money would have to come out of MY POCKET to take care of the orphans that I CREATE.

Fable 3 dropped me off as royalty, and said that I only had two children. The last time I played Fable 2, I had six sons and twenty daughters. None of them were named 'Logan', but one was named Pickles. Hey, I know, I'll be a prostit....no, that's not what a princess would do. I'll go raid t....no, that's not what a princess would do. Also, having to repair a house makes no sense. If they break my house that soon, they don't deserve to live there and justifys my killing them.

Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

VIDJA GAMES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIDJA GAMES!   VIDJA GAMES! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Small things that add to immersion are always nice. I appreciated that NPC's would sometimes greet you with you great house rank in Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
Adalinda
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Adalinda

Character Sheet

VIDJA GAMES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIDJA GAMES!   VIDJA GAMES! EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 6:35 pm

Annette wrote:
I loved playing as a City Elf in DA. The thought that someone kidnapped me and tried to rape me, leading to their systematic slaughter makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Plus, banging Liliana was pretty hot.

Oblivion, I understand that too. Hopefully the new game they're making will fix that shit. Plus, more houses need to be buy-able. I want my game to double as Monopoly like Fable does.

Why not add Fable to the list? In Fable 1 I was a hulking brute of a man who, since he was never taught otherwise, killed indiscriminately. I assumed since he was silent, he was also retarded. It ended with me become a whore at the brothel.

Fable 2 added more choices, but it was all the same. People are now 'individuals' with families. I find it hard killing named peasants, that have children. Not because I'm a good person at heart, but since I can't KILL CHILDREN, they will become wards of the state. I'm the Queen, so that means that money would have to come out of MY POCKET to take care of the orphans that I CREATE.

Fable 3 dropped me off as royalty, and said that I only had two children. The last time I played Fable 2, I had six sons and twenty daughters. None of them were named 'Logan', but one was named Pickles. Hey, I know, I'll be a prostit....no, that's not what a princess would do. I'll go raid t....no, that's not what a princess would do. Also, having to repair a house makes no sense. If they break my house that soon, they don't deserve to live there and justifys my killing them.

Yes, yes, and yes to all of this. Fable is a massive trespasser on this immersion thing. The first one was passable, but the second one had no excuse, and the third? Well, theirs a reason everyone calls it a polished turd. Buncha hype, but no fucking love. I don't wanna be royalty. My girl in fable 2 was a skitzo who murdered anything and everything, BECAUSE SHE COULD. She had "one" daughter. Angel, I want ANGEL to be my character, the bastard daughter of a skitzo who's known through the lands as a psychotic murderer, who often offed the people she was fucking. And make the main quest NOT about taking over the shitty lil kingdom, but about getting revenge on my murdering psychopathic mother. Ontop of that, I already OWNED EVERY FUCKING BUILDING IN FABLE 2. Why the hell do I need to "Run the kingdom" when my characters mother practically BOUGHT it all, and had only ONE child to inherit it? much less REBUY all the houses, I'm the god damn ruler of the kingdom, I should just be able to say "This is now mine, pay rent or get the fuck out"

In the original fallouts, you could kill kids. They'd steal from you, and you could waste the little fuckers for it. Of course doing so, you became a "murdering bastard" and the game would send raids of high level mobs after your ass for it. None of this "Kids are immortal" either let us kill them, or keep them out of the fucking game. This was a game that was touted as "Kill anything" because you literally COULD do just that. What happened to games. Oh. I know, over zealous, over righteous asshat parents who think games are to blame for murder sprees. We play games to get RID of our sociopaths tenancies, it's not OUR fault if their parents are too incompetent to explain the differences between reality and a vidja game.

I'm a nasty person, I love violence, I love Death. You don't see me running around shooting up a town do ya? You don't see MY face on wanted posters? I grew up on shit like resident evil, and duke nukem. I grew up on FPS and Strategy and RPG full of violence. You don't see me skinning a mans face off with a machete do ya? Video-games let me burn off my natural hatred for humanity, in a way that doesn't involve me going out and wasting a bunch of real people that won't come back. Which is preferable, a game is resettable, death is not.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

VIDJA GAMES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIDJA GAMES!   VIDJA GAMES! EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:42 am

Jill Valentine wrote:
You don't see MY face on wanted posters?

Before you fall in love with Jen, I think that you should know that she used to be wanted for about 3 felonies. One for speeding, two for assault.

She got the assault ones dropped. The guys wouldn't testify that a girl kicked their asses.

Last edited by Pest02 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adalinda
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Adalinda

Character Sheet

VIDJA GAMES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIDJA GAMES!   VIDJA GAMES! EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:39 am

Uh Pest? You mean misdemeanors right? I highly doubt she'd be here with felony assault and speeding. On-top of that, three felony's breaks the usual three strikes rule {meaning life imprisonment} usually. Further more, this is not the topic for that, nor is it nice to be giving out peoples backgrounds like that. Now back to focusing on video games and Not jen's background.

Edit: Now, backontopic for further ranting about video games

So, I was thinking about picking up a used copy of the new Mortal Kombat reboot. Then I found out something rather...bothersome. Turns out used copy buyers get shafted, as their online play is literally locked without a special pass-code. Meaning, not only do I end up paying 50 or so, still, for the game. I also end up having to shell out a further 10 bucks or so, for the DLC pass, that ALLOWS ME TO PLAY ONLINE FOR THE GAME I JUST BOUGHT.

I'm all for copyright protection and all, I don't pirate games, I don't pirate movies. I don't care for people who do it, and I find it distasteful. But I mean, some of this copyright shit is Ridiculous. In DOW2 you need to be on a Windows Live profile to play ANY of the game modes {Campaign/solo skirmish} up to multiplayer. Meaning in that case, those of us who don't have internet capabilities 24/7 get royally fucked, as the second our internet goes down, the games locked off and we can't play anymore.

The new EA Games are ALSO a Major offender of this, with C&C 4 requiring you to be Online 24/7, at least with DOW2 you can get online, then if you loose your connection you don't drop out of whatever your doing, well, besides a multiplayer match. In C&C4, if you loose your internet, you drop WHATEVER your doing. Be it a solo-vs-CPU skirmish or a Campaign game. They only made it for the PC meaning I can't stick it in my 360 where that retarded but of Copyright isn't allowed, meaning the disc is worthless in those times I don't have internet connections. I've heard they ALSO did this with The Sims Medieval; on top of that other companies like UBISOFT do something similar, in that you need to be online with their latest games to start it, THEN you can go offline.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their raging hardon for security. But when "I'M" not allowed to play a game I "BOUGHT" whenever I want to play it. That's just ridiculous. Also PC users, don't insult anyone on the DA2 forums, because they can BLOCK YOU from playing the game YOU Bought. By banning your account from their servers, meaning that 60 dollar game is now just trash. It's infuriating that games go This far. the CD-key thing used to be good enough, but no, now we have assholes using Key-gens.

Interesting sub-note, microsoft and Sony flat out told E.A and Ubisoft to fuck themselves, when they tried to put this type of Copyright protection into their games on the consoles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VIDJA GAMES! Empty
PostSubject: Re: VIDJA GAMES!   VIDJA GAMES! Empty

Back to top Go down

VIDJA GAMES!
Page 1 of 1