Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Serious rant. (You've been warned)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Serious rant. (You've been warned) Empty
PostSubject: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:37 pm

I hate the mods of DF. Truly, with a passion, DESPISE all of them. Nothing specific brought this on, but I've noticed that all they do is ban people and that's almost it. They don't even attempt to help anybody. In fact, the only thing they do that could almost measure up to the amount of people they ban is the amount of fights they start. Hell, Adminpwn should check his mods. He's an alright guy, but from what I've seen... The moderators are the single, most scum-filled group in the game.

I hope no mods come here and see this.. Angry
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Mods should be better people. That's the point of having mods, I believe. Unbiased, Nice, Caring people to help root out the scum of the boards; The only exception I've ever seen to that little rule of mine would be the DF forums. In their case, it sorta works in the opposite direction.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 pm

People wonder why I stopped playing Dead Frontier. You posted my exact reason, or, one of them. The other is lack of things to do. Grind or lurk, take your pick.

VoraX was the first great mod. He was sadistic, evil, and generally a decent person to talk to. He was hard to understand at times, but overall alright. Then we lost Bio. and Southern Guy, and thus lost the 'good' side of the mod team.

Now we have the general /b/-influenced mods who do nothing to help, just like you said. We have some decent ones, but the rest like to wag their junk at the normal members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:38 pm

You and Pest both share my exact opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:02 am

This (along with the general idiocy that abounds) is why I rarely post in the forums. You guys are all the company I require for a game like DF. ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:21 am

Honestly, I agree on you with MOST of them.

Blaqk, Ximpulse, Reznorock, and maybe Crynsos are what I disagree with.

VoraX, while as you said Pest, a good mod back with the old forums... He basically lost it by the first map change.

We lost Hinotori, we lost BiO, we lost Southern_guy.

Blaqk, has a very large ego. But even still, he constantly is quelling fights, helping out players, and just being helpful in general. He just today helped me get a scammer caught. While he likes to boast and all, it doesn't affect his moderating.

Reznorock. An intelligent, fun to talk with dude. He's like Southern_guy with a sick humour. He's also a great mod, and whenever he's actually on, spends his time helping.

Ximpulse, I don't even need to start. You should all know he's a kick ass moderator. Definitely the best one out of them all.

Crynsos is a good guy, but he doesn't do much. But at least he isn't corrupt like most the others.

Blaqk, Rezno, and Ximpulse are the only mods who actually do stuff to help the forums, DF, and the game in general. The others, as Wesker said nicely, like to wave around the fact that they have Modship. Even Major Anderson, another good guy, basically only flaunts his modship.

That's my two cents on the matter, and I believe probably the most factual, since I'm the only one that's given input so far, that actually stays constant with the forums, knows each and every single mod, and knows everything that's happening behind the scenes. The only other one who might know as much about it is Ryan.

Just make sure not to post this around DF, and please don't let it get out of hand. We're a clan, not a group of people who whine about other players behind their backs. So keep the harsh flaming to a minimum, pl0x.

And please, as the other Administrators and possibly Moderators on here SHOULD know... There's a LOT of stuff we do behind the scenes you don't know about to keep things running smoothly. It's not as simple as it looks. Havoc learned that the hard way, as did I. Don't blame Pest for giving up leadership...
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:22 am

...Jarki pretty much just won the rant.

I'm applying for modship, my intention is to help clean things up.

From what I hear? The mods all would support me.
Every. Single. One...

I take that as a good thing Cheesy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 9:05 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

Even good people go corrupt when power is thrust upon them.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 am

Haha... I defy them to try and corrupt me.

I truly do not allow myself to be touched by corruption... there's a few uh... situations and an ongoing situation in which I could take/could have taken full advantage of a person.

I didn't and refuse to ever Smiley

I was in VOID, didn't like it too much due to the response I got. I DO understand why they act the way they do though... :\

They act that way because people EXPECT it of them. There are really only one or two assholes in the clan, people who are actually like that...
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Jarki wrote:

Just make sure not to post this around DF, and please don't let it get out of hand. We're a clan, not a group of people who whine about other players behind their backs. So keep the harsh flaming to a minimum, pl0x.

And please, as the other Administrators and possibly Moderators on here SHOULD know... There's a LOT of stuff we do behind the scenes you don't know about to keep things running smoothly. It's not as simple as it looks. Havoc learned that the hard way, as did I. Don't blame Pest for giving up leadership...

I had no intention of EVER posting this on DF. That's not like me. Hopefully you all know that most of the time I'm a pretty easygoing person who doesn't stay angry for long, if you manage to get me angry in the first place.. And I disagree about the whining. I hope it didn't sound too much like I was doing that.

And I didn't think this was flaming.. It was a rant, that's what this section is for, right? Besides, nobody was offended (I hope).

I never blamed Pest for anything, nor would I ever consider it.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 pm

You shouldn't be afraid to voice your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:09 pm

No, you shouldn't. Your American (i think) and have the right to voice your opinion

*Waves old glory through the air, then runs off to stab some commies with it*

For freedom.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Yes, Z, I am American.

U-S-A! U-S-A!!!
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Jennifer Welford wrote:

fear my exceptionnessless to this rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 7:10 pm

Nah, you did nothing wrong Spencer

I'm just saying, before it becomes a flame/whine thread... Well, I warned! Grin

And I didn't really blame Pest for giving up leadership, it was more like... I was confused as to why he did. I understand now, as he had worse conditions than me, and even I find it hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:15 pm

Jennifer Welford wrote:

I'm reminded of the "Treasure-chest-full-of-AIDS" I hid somewhere in the forums back when I was an Admin. I don't think anyone's found it yet, though. =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:29 pm

If it was still here, I'd have found it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 8:49 pm

But... I hid it good... D:

I think I put it in Z's socks.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 7:26 am

Lie's, Lie's and slander
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:10 pm

Jarki wrote:
Nah, you did nothing wrong Spencer

FWAHAHAHA! I'm glad I made that account. I needed another one anyway, because my fireman was a screw-up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:31 am

Bahaha. Topic change reveal block.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 am

...Sad

I never get to do anything funny..
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:33 pm

That's because I'm here, fool! I be sappin' up the funnies.

Btw, you missed your chance for an awesome Resident Evil reference on "the best inspiration is boredom."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:39 pm

I laughed. Hard.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:58 pm

I always do Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious rant. (You've been warned)   Serious rant. (You've been warned) Empty

Back to top Go down

Serious rant. (You've been warned)
Page 1 of 1