Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Yugioh TCG

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:51 am

The only reason I haven't made this post sooner is because most of you lot play Magic. However,
I know some of you also have played the Yugioh Tcg at one point, so I figured, why not? In this
thread, we discuss the TCG, our decks, and whatever else comes to mind. Tool and I had a bit of
a broken discussion on the topic, so I figured at least here, we could continue, even if its just me
and him!

I've been playing Yugioh pretty much from the start. I made the jump from Pokemon to Yugioh
when Makoto and our mutual friend Sepheric introduced me to it. Pokemon was in the decline in
my area, my league had closed, so I guess then was as good as any. Since then I've played the game
on and off over the years and I've assembled some pretty neat decks in that time.

I have four in total with a fifth or sixth in the works. They are:

Legend of The White Wyrm: Typical dragon beat-down deck focusing around the Blue-Eyes
White Dragon and its support cards. Pretty straight forward: Get out the blue eyes as quick
as possible and beat the ever loving shit out of anything that gets in your way.

Mesozoic Mayhem: Much like the deck above, it's fairly straight forward beat-down deck, but
this time the focus is Dinosaurs. However, I've given it a twist that I like to think is uncommon
for those who run these kinds of decks. The deck is geared towards Tyranno Infinity, a level 4
earth/dinosaur with an amusing effect. It gains 1000 attack for each dinosaur-type monster
that happens to be removed from play. While it may start with 0 attack, it powers up insanely
fast.

Rainbow Array: Yes, I'm well aware that the LGBT community use the rainbow as their banner.
That being said, I feel quite comfortable stomping a rainbow colored mudhole in your ass and
walking it dry Cheesy. The deck focuses on the Crystal Beast archetype of monsters and their more
powerful counterpart, the Rainbow Dragon. The deck is nefariously strict to run, since you have
little room to add in spells or traps, other than cards that work directly with the Crystal Beasts.
As such, many people opt not to run Rainbow Dragon and focus on the Crystal Beasts themselves.
Another common card in this type of deck is Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder, which fits in all
but flawlessly. Rainbow Dragon is the star, but Hamon is the show stopper.

Feather Fall: Last but not least, there is the Harpie's deck. Of all the decks presented here so far,
this is perhaps the one I'm always looking to improve on. Like the Crystal Beast deck, this one
focuses primarily on the Harpie Lady archetype of cards. The reason I'm always improving on
this deck is because, out of all of them, this one has no real focus on a winning goal. There are
cards that allow me to achieve victory, but no clear focus on how to obtain it.

The other two decks I'm considering are a Frog Deck and a Ice Barrier deck. I could probably
merge the two together into a single deck, as both of them are water decks that could benefit
from one another, but for now I'm merely gathering the resources needed.

I believe this is a good place to stop for now. Its a long first post already. I may post my deck
recipes bellow this if people are interested enough in them. If any of you want to play again,
but don't want to pay for cards, I can point you towards a virtual desktop program that would
allow you to play for free and online against other opponents in real time.

Desktop Client: Yugioh Virtual Desktop

http://www.xerocreative.com/

Yugioh Virtual Desktop (YVD for short) lets you create your own deck, either your real life deck,
fantasy deck, or otherwise, from a huge library of cards, with new sets being released on a semi
regular basis. You can duel friends online in real time as well.

Last edited by Slender Birk on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:10 am

I have a Burn deck.

You know you're fucked when you have a full field of 8-stars & awesome trap cards, but I have Gravity Bind, Spider Web, Level Limit - Area B, Wave-Motion Cannon, a few Solar Flare Dragons and some Cure Mermaids.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:18 am

It's a pretty nasty burn deck, too. I look forward to facing it. Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:39 am

Right fucking soon.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 6:52 am

There's a magic thread? I can't find it.

Also haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh tcg in years but now really want to. Shame I gave away all my cards and they're now ridiculously expensive.
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Number of posts : 22

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 am

Birk! My deck is ready.Duel me!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Warhero30 wrote:
There's a magic thread? I can't find it.

Also haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh tcg in years but now really want to. Shame I gave away all my cards and they're now ridiculously expensive.

Never said there was a Magic thread, though you'd think there would be one, given how many peeps
here play it. Anyway, just go to Xerocreative's website and download YVD, then you can play, free of
cost. There's a desktop program that lets you play magic, too.

That particular program is called LackeyCCG, and it also allows you to play not just magic, but a
wide verity of other card games. The only one I ever used LackeyCCG for was pokemon, but there
were a hell of a lot more on there. use
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:10 pm

Birk :( Duel me!
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:54 pm

Just a heads up, if you're going to be using YVD, there is a possibility that you're going to run into some trouble trying to connect with other players. Thankfully, Xerocreative has graciously posted a guide for us in case such a thing happens.

http://xerocreative.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=116

The process can be lengthy, but everything is spelled out in step by step fashion, so it shouldn't take too long to get things ready. I managed to get mine fixed up in under an hour.

Ok, I don't honestly know what the fucking deal is with this thing. I followed every step that the
topic up there asked me to follow. Every setting was done as instructed, and it still doesn't seem to
work. I even went and tried to connect with two other people, and the results were the same....

I even went further into researching what the possible problem was. I shut off my firewall, even
though the damn thing allows YVD through. I disabled my Avast!, which did nothing. I even
changed some line of coding in the settings.ini file as instructed, and still, nothing.

From what I've gathered, its easier to duel using their servers, but it requires you to create a user
account in order to play, and even then, the possibility of not getting error'd is there. Creating a
user account is the only thing I haven't tried, and honestly, I'm not sure I want to bother. It's
still possible to duel using YVD, but there's more of an issue of trust to be had when dueling this
way. You have to type out your actions, rather than allow your opponent to actually see. It's how
me and my friends usually do it.

My friend Patrick suggests we use LackeyCCG. He says its more reliable than YVD and functions
in much the same way. So, tomorrow, me and him are going to do some testing to see if I can
host with him.

While I am testing LackeyCCG, I urge those who have downloaded YVD to try and connect with
one another, to see if you maybe the problem lies with me. While I have tuned my router to be
able to play, there's still a chance that the problem is on my end and no one elses.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 4:44 pm

I joined the xerocreative forums and posted my problems there. They essentially
said that they weren't sure what the errors were really related to, and that, server
duels was the "preferred" method of using YVD, now. So, yea, nuts to that. I don't
want to join something I'll probably only play a handful of times. Lackey is a lot
more open and user friendly, so I recommend using that program. Plus, I can
host and connect with people there, and they have the same library as YVD.

Not only that, there's Magic, so even if you dont play Yugioh for long, there's that.
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:29 am

Birk! look what I found!

http://www.duelingnetwork.com/
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 pm

im gonna stick with lackey. the dueling network looks cool, but it lagged me just visiting the website's main page.
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Man,you have to try and make it work,theres a legit field and stuff. :(
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:45 am

After dealing with YVD's shit, im not interested. I'm sure its great, but LackeyCCG works. If it aint broke, don't fix it. Post some screencaps here tho
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:49 am

YVD isn't shit; Your computer is. It runs fine for me
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:26 am

Oeufcocque wrote:
YVD isn't shit; Your computer is. It runs fine for me

Normally I would agree with you Wesk, but in this case, it isn't my computer. it might be the
router, or something in between but it isn't the pc. Why would I be able to host and connect with
my friends on LackeyCCG and not YVD? They both connect in the exact same manner. The only
difference is that, I can't seem to get YVD to connect with anyone. And this wasn't always the case.

I used to be able to use YVD, but like I told the guys on xerocreatives forums, with each version
of YVD that they released, my ability to connect became harder and harder til it got to this point.
Plus, it isn't just me. Crimson and my friend Patrick, both of whom have high tier computers, have
the same trouble.

I'm glad it works on your end Wesk, but Lackey's the only thing that works for me it seems. In
the end, whether its my pc, my router, my internet connection, my modem, YVD, doesn't matter
who's at fault for the problem, the fact is, it exists, its effecting me, and I've done everything I can
to resolve it.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:57 am

Ok, so it's an issue different than the computer. Perhaps the network. Either way, it's still not the program's fault, like you're making it out to be.
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 3:00 am

Birk,Lackey has no Yugioh players,In my 3 or 4 days there I only saw 5,including us.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Oeufcocque wrote:
Ok, so it's an issue different than the computer. Perhaps the network. Either way, it's still not the program's fault, like you're making it out to be.

I'm not going to argue. All I'm saying is, it's not necessarily my fault, when the programmers only
solution to a problem is "join our servers and play it instead", then something ain't jelling right. -.-

And tool, I never said there were a lot of people playing on LackeyCCG, I only said that it works
for me. If you can get YVD to work for you, there should be more players there that you can play
with. I figured only a handfull of us here would use either program with one another. not that
anyone would be dueling other people, so that was my bad I guess.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:25 pm

I HAVE DOWNLOADED YOUR WITCHCRAFT FOR THE USE OF MAGIC! WITH A BIT OF TIME AND READING I HAVE LOADED MY MYR APOCALYPSE DECK UP FOR DESTROYING THE UNWORTHY! IF YOU ARE INTRIGUED BY MY CLAIM AND SEEK BATTLE THEN BY ALL MEANS LET US SET A DATE THAT I MAY DESTROY YOU!

So yeh.. Let us play some Magic Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:34 am

A brief complaint: My primary issue with LackeyCCG is the lack of tokens. My myr deck revolves around bringing out a ton of mini monster's that overwhelm the opponent. Not having this token forces me to use another more basic myr in its place hidden in my sideboard yet at the same time I can not create a copy of said token meaning the maximum tokens I can have per copy of this card is 30.

Secondly, the entire thing is a bit clunky in my opinion. Though I'm still up for a duel, playing with Lackey is going to double the time it takes to play one simple game..
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:11 am

Yea.. LackeyCCG is a lil clunky in its mechanics compared to YVD, but I just
for the love of me could not make YVD work. However, once you get the hang
of using it, it becomes a faster paced gaming experience. If im not mistaken, you
can make your own tokens. I'll ask my friend about it tomorrow, and sorry it took
so long to reply back to ya Havoc.

As for you tool, take a look at this. Its called Dark Magician Control

Monsters (24)
2x Dark Magician
1x Dark Magician of Chaos or Dark Eradicator Warlock
1x Dark Magician Girl
3x Skilled Dark Magician
2x Breaker, The Magical Warrior
1x King of The Swamp
2x The Dark - Hex Sealed Fusion
2x Effect Veiler
1x Sangan
1x Jinzo
2x Summoner Monk
2x Apprentice Magician
2x Kycoo The Ghost Destroyer or Old Vindictive Magician
2x Night's End Sorcerer

Spells (17)
3x Secret Village of The Spellcasters
3x Terraforming
2x Magical Dimension
2x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Magic Curtain
1x Forbidden Chalice or Mage Power or Magic Blast
1x Book of Moon
1x Graceful Charity
1x Arcane Barrier or Allure of Darkness
2x Pot of Duality
1x Polymerization

Traps (6)
2x Royal Decree
2x Mirror Force
1-2x Magic Cylinder
1-2x D. Tribe

Extra Deck (4)
1x Dark Paladin
2x Tempest Magician
1x Explosive Magician

The goal of the deck is to gain field control. That is, to stop your opponent from using Spells and Traps,
while using other cards to prevent them from using card effects. A typical first-turn play would be to get
a Skilled Dark Magician on the field, activate Terraforming to fetch Secret Village of The Spellcasters,
then activating it, then activate Arcane Barrier. That puts 3 spell counters on Skilled Dark Magician,
allowing you to tribute him to special summon a Dark Magician from your hand, deck or graveyard.
Then set Royal Decree if you have it in your hand.

King of The Swamp is a nice replacement for Buster Blader. It counts as any 1 fusion material monster,
so when summoning Dark Paladin, this takes Buster Blader's place. It also lets you search your deck for
a polymerization by discarding king from the hand to the graveyard. The Dark - Hexsealed Fusion can also
act as a substitute for Buster Blader when summoning Dark Paladin, and even bypasses the need for a
polymerization if you have a Dark Magician on the field already.

D. Tribe is a normal trap card that when activated, turns all monsters on your side of the field into dragon
- type monsters for a single turn. This serves a dual purpose of not only empowering Dark Paladin for a
single turn, but it also breaks any locks placed against Spellcasters a limited time.

Summoner Monk and Sangan are your searchers in this deck. Summoner monk allows you to special
summon one level 4 monster from your deck a turn by discarding a spell card from your hand. But, you
gotta be careful, since he can't be used as a tribute. You can switch monk with Mystic Tomato if you'd
rather have more flexibility at the cost of having a 1500 attack limit in your search.

Terraforming is a normal spell card that lets you search your deck for a field spell card and add it to your
hand. This allows you to thin the deck by one card and generates spell counters for Skilled Dark Magician
and other spell counting cards.

Secret Village of The Spellcasters is the deck's primary field spell. Rather than add in Yami or Mystic
Plasma Zone, cards that boost the power of your dark type monsters, Secret Village serves as a means
to shut down your opponents ability to use spell cards. If your opponent controls no spellcasters, he or
she cannot activate spell cards, however, this also applies to you as well, so be careful when using this
and D. Tribe.

Arcane Barrier is a bit of a double edged card. Every time one of your face-up spellcasters is destroyed,
it gains a spell counter (max of 4). You can send this card and 1 face-up spellcaster monster to the grave
to draw 1 card for each spell counter that was on Arcane Barrier, so at most that's a 4 card draw, but at
the cost of 5 monsters, or at the least 1 card for 2. Allure of Darkness may be a better substitute, since
you can draw 2 cards from your deck by banishing one dark monster from your hand, or if you have no
monsters in hand, by discarding all the cards in your hand to the grave.

Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer is a lvl 4 1800 beat-stick that allows you to remove 2 monster cards from
your opponents graveyard each time that he inflicts battle damage to his or her lifepoints. He also
prevents your opponent from removing cards from play from either his graveyard or your own, which
throws a wrench in chaos decks by preventing one of the easiest ways of summoning powerful monsters
with relative ease. Old Vindictive Magician on the other hand allows you to target and destroy one of your
opponents monsters when flipped face up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yugioh TCG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yugioh TCG   Yugioh TCG Empty

Back to top Go down

Yugioh TCG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Game Centre :: Games Room-
Jump to: