Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

The Pitch-a-Movie game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

The Pitch-a-Movie game Empty
PostSubject: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:16 pm

I was trying to think of an interesting game that we could play on this message board; we used to do the "continue a story" (or whatever that game is actually called) and I think we might have had corrupt-a-wish or something similar but those are both somewhat played out. This is a game that I play with my friends often and it can be really fun, it might be a bit awkward to adapt it on a forum but I think it can be done.

The game essentially works like this:

- Player 1 names the lead actor for the fake movie to be pitched.

- Player 2 names the second actor who will co-star with the lead (keep in mind you don't decide the relationship between the characters they play in the movie, that part is up to the guy who gets stuck pitching it)

- Player 3 decides what the genre of film is (can be as broad as comedy or as specific as you'd like to get).

- Player 4 has to pitch the movie, outlining the basic plot, the characters, the conflict, etc. Everyone else decides if they would watch it or not.

- Once the game has been completed you start over, preferably with everyone switching the roles that they decided last time. One doesn't want to be stuck deciding the genre every time, for example, and everyone should take turns pitching the movie since that is generally the fun part.

Anyone can be any of the players as long as they don't take two turns in a row. So if only two people want to play player 1 and player 3 can be the same person, for example. this might get chaotic if a lot of people jump in but as long as attention is paid to what the next step is I think it can work.

Part of the fun of the game is screwing over what everyone's idea of the movie is. For example if the two actors have been decided as Jason Statham and Morgan Freeman the player about to decide the genre will often throw a curveball and say "romantic comedy" or "blacksploitation" or something. This puts the last guy who has to come up with the basis of the movie in a tough situation.

so to start the game the lead actor will be Keanu Reeves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:29 am

Tommy Wiseau to co-star with Reeves
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:57 pm

It's a Fantasy movie, like Lord of the Rings.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Ok, so hear me out here. Keanu Reeves is the lord of a kindgom, the youngest lord to hold the throne in many centuries due to his father, the old lord, dying from mysterious circumstances. Keanu rules justly but is not favored among his people as his father was. To make matters worse, the orc tribes from the east are spreading farther and farther west towards his kingdom then they ever have in the past. This is due to their terrible orc warlord, played by Tommy Wiseau, the most tsavage and brutal orc of them all but also the most intelligent. Wiseau has the rare gift of being able to comprehend and speak English (to a certain degree as this is Tommy Wiseau after all)
Reeves is a pacifist at heart and wishes to find some sort of compromise between the two peoples but as blood begins to increasingly be shed he will have to come up with a decision that will forever shape the destiny of the land. This would all be well and simple but to further complicate matters Reeves is all but unable to correctly negotiate when he meets with Wiseau. In fact, he can barely make eye contact with the brute and does little but blush and stare at the floor the whole time. Could it be that the leader of man is taken with the savage yet beautiful king of the orcs? can love ever find a way?

This summer...
Keanu Reeves
and Tommy Wiseau
find that even in the most hellishly barren battlefields...
love can still blossom like a flower
rated R
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:58 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA

i'd spend a good sum of money to watch that

edit: lead actor in the next movie is Sir Anthony Hopkins
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 7:50 pm

with Johnny Noxville.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:08 am

Western!
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 2:40 pm

I can't make the pitch twice in a row...someone needs to step up and be a hero if they want this to be saved. D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm

I keep forgetting about this. SOON
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pitch-a-Movie game   The Pitch-a-Movie game Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pitch-a-Movie game
Page 1 of 1