Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

DF P2P exclusively now?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

DF P2P exclusively now? Empty
PostSubject: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:24 pm

From my DF Toolbar:

"Well folks, Ectso will be leaving DF permanently, excluding visits to update the toolbar. Admin "PWN" has sold out. DF is now a pay to play exclusive game. He fucking sold out. I don't know the reasons but Im sure money was involved, and their where other ways to make it. He sold out, and it saddens me. I visited the forums today, and was depressed by the lack of familiar faces, and the SHIT STORM OF SHITTASTICAL posts. Goodbye DF. If you wish to contact me, then find me on Something Less, in the links menu. As well, any gold members willing to help I need links to all the new features to update the toolbar. Sad I love you guys."

...So...yeah...not sure if this is true or not.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:36 pm

It's not pay 2 play.

Ectso's a fucking drama queen.

Gold membership is simply an extra feature. It's overhyped.

Those "Dramatically increased loot rates" not dramatic at ALL. The only increase is in the amount of money and amount of ammo picked up when it shows up.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 9:38 pm

I disagree. I've been getting more MasterCrafted items.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:56 am

...might that be because you're playing more often? Tongue

Seriously, the EXP boost isn't that great, the shop price reductions aren't THAT drastic (Elk Man was planning to buy 12k credits and get a GAU, M60, GC both of them, and get a set of GC ZRX armor... in total he figured with the "MASSIVE SHOP PRICE REDUCTIONS" he'd be good), the loot rates aren't DRASTIC, and the Gold Member Forums are not some super-awesome-secret hideout or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:51 am

Its the fact that it exists that is the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Pest02 wrote:
Its the fact that it exists that is the problem.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:53 pm

As it stands, I believe I can tolerate this (But just BARELY, and I expect the next couple of updates to be orgasmic)

This is pretty much the last straw on the camel's back before I decide that Df is dead to me. The second members start getting exclusive uber gear is the second I give my katana away.

When the full game is released, I think the entire game needs to be wiped (And people's credits restored to them to be re-used) however, there need to be a list of changes.

1. NO elite shop. Am I the only one that thinks dusk weapons sound a little too magical and fanciful for a zombie survival game that once possessed the ability to boast of it's realism? AND I don't like the requirements for getting one. Call me lazy, but they should at least be findable in the inner city.

2. NO infinite weapons. The LAST thing a zombie game needs is guns with infinite ammunition. Fuck, why even own a katana?

3. ALL food edible by ALL levels. Forgive me if I don't fully understand the competence in this most recent change, as I haven't been on the forums in a month, but I find it extremely stupid that a starving level 40 can't eat a bag of chips.

4. MELEE! Give it more damage! As it stands, firearms best melee in every single way. I'm not saying make melee godly powerful, but at least give us katana swingers a reason to hold our heads high.

5. Premium membership = I'm fine with them having their own forum and a decent increase in drop rate, but something that gives them a clear advantage (like exp boosts) is highly annoying. Sure Adminpwn needs his money, but he should really factor in his entire audience before making these sort of changes to the game.

(not as important) 6. Different in-game graphics for different weapons, please! It's impossible to tell a machete apart from a saber apart from a katana apart from a dusk razor! And guns are just as bad.

If AdminPwn can do that, I'll love him forever.

BASICALLY, I'm asking that the game return to it's glory days after the exp rate was first increased, but before the elite shop was released. (Although they might not have happened in that order. I wasn't around.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:07 pm

You must seriously be underestimating Melee...

Melee is still just as formidable as any other weapon at the moment. You just need to know how to use it.

And Trigger, I'm surprised you find the "Premium Membership" a bad thing, seeing as you paid for "Premium Membership" for Runescape.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Hmm, yes I spoke wrongly. Actually, melee itself is a wonderfully effective thing, but it's hard to take it seriously while infinite long range weapons still exist. =\

And the only reason I was able to have RS membership was because they released cards you could buy and redeem online to become a member. My family treats the computer as some sort of devil box that takes your credit card numbers, so any use of paypal is out of the question for me.

But disregarding my own abilities to get membership, it's the principal of the matter that irks me. The whole reason I ever gave Df a thought was because it was advertised as a f2p game. In my mind, that meant "Utterly free, no money required to enjoy the game in it's entirety."

Heck, that's why I chose DF over Exanimus, which in retrospect was a good decision regardless. =P
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:31 pm

1. Sure they are, but this is the beta and it's a game about ZOMBIES... come on man. Maybe not make them infinite ammo, but give them a damage boost. Being able to loot a gun like that in the city would make it completely pointless to PvP. People would only do it for lulz then.

2. It's still completely free. You get perks by paying, sure.

3. I agree about some thing you said... food SHOULD be edible by all levels.

4. If you think about it Melee is overpowered. Even a Katana can only slice into things for so long before it gets worn. Baseball bat's break, golf clubs (any metal weapons) bend eventually, and knives lose their edge sometime. Melee IS Overpowered, no need to repair or ever reload. You never have to go "FUCKFUCKFUCK! CMON!!!!! RELOAD!" when using melee. You also never run out of ammo, you can swing forever and ever. Four hits to drop a longarm, wanna know how many a Deagle takes? SIX CRITS (half a clip, which even with 100 crit I only manage to get five crits out of a clip).

5. The EXP boost is nice, but it isn't like a GODSEND. If It were 50% I'd understand your hatred of it. The loot boosts aren't that great either, I find more cash and a bit more ammo sure but drops are no more common or rare than they were when I was a regular member. If Admin factored on EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE GAME nothing would get done. There is always somebody who hates something he does or has done, are you saying he should worry about every last person's opinion? Yes, he does need his money. $1,800 to keep DF running every month, it would take 225 people buying the Gold Membership every month to cover the server costs.

6. I think it would be nice too, but it would take time away from FAR more important things (Sync, missions, new guns, new areas, etc.). It would be nice to be able to tell if the guy about to charge your ass is using a Dusk Razor or a Sabre (it makes a bloody difference... believe me)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Quote :
1. Sure they are, but this is the beta and it's a game about ZOMBIES... come on man. Maybe not make them infinite ammo, but give them a damage boost. Being able to loot a gun like that in the city would make it completely pointless to PvP. People would only do it for lulz then.

As long as the dusk enforcer's ammo becomes finite, (And preferably the name changed to something you wouldn't expect to see in a corny old comic from the 70s) I'd be happy, even if the elite shop still existed as it does now.

Quote :

2. It's still completely free. You get perks by paying, sure.

Perks are lovely, but getting actual boosts to your character in a game like this is rather annoying to those who can't get the boosts themselves. A large portion of the players of f2p MMOs play them because of just that : They are f2p. Sure, DF can still be played for free but it's the mere thought that people have the option to simply buy their way past you with real money that bothers me.

Quote :
4. If you think about it Melee is overpowered. Even a Katana can only slice into things for so long before it gets worn. Baseball bat's break, golf clubs (any metal weapons) bend eventually, and knives lose their edge sometime. Melee IS Overpowered, no need to repair or ever reload. You never have to go "FUCKFUCKFUCK! CMON!!!!! RELOAD!" when using melee. You also never run out of ammo, you can swing forever and ever. Four hits to drop a longarm, wanna know how many a Deagle takes? SIX CRITS (half a clip, which even with 100 crit I only manage to get five crits out of a clip).

I would concede to you in this matter if it weren't for the fact that you could just pull out an infinite GAU or a dusk enforcer and rape everything in your path from a distance without ever having to worry about ammo. Sure the katana can kill in less hits, but the range and peace of mind that comes with the infinite guns makes melee seem like a waste of time.

Quote :
5. The EXP boost is nice, but it isn't like a GODSEND. If It were 50% I'd understand your hatred of it. The loot boosts aren't that great either, I find more cash and a bit more ammo sure but drops are no more common or rare than they were when I was a regular member. If Admin factored on EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE GAME nothing would get done. There is always somebody who hates something he does or has done, are you saying he should worry about every last person's opinion? Yes, he does need his money. $1,800 to keep DF running every month, it would take 225 people buying the Gold Membership every month to cover the server costs.

Like I said, it's a matter of principal. I simply don't think that people shoudn't be able to straight-up buy their way past others with real money in a video game. It's like paying for cheats codes on a console game.

Quote :
6. I think it would be nice too, but it would take time away from FAR more important things (Sync, missions, new guns, new areas, etc.). It would be nice to be able to tell if the guy about to charge your ass is using a Dusk Razor or a Sabre (it makes a bloody difference... believe me)

Agreed. I hope he finds the time to get around to it some day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:20 pm

Alright, I've found my peace.

As best as I can tell, it won't matter if you're gold or green once you reach level 200, so I've got nothing to continue whining about as far as the goldies go.

I just hope they don't start getting stat boosts and other junk like that. ^_^

*Mumbles something about wishing he could use paypal*
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:17 am

They won't Trigger.

Every gold member who was over level 30 bitchslaps the level eights when they suggest anything of the sort.

I'll quote some gold member discussions after I get home. Most of it is just about the community, suggestions for the ENTIRE GAME, and specific players (I'm not going into the Jarki section of it, too much win).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:20 am

SettingSun wrote:

XD

Katana takes 3 hits to drop a Longarm.

And with Raging Bull, it uses so little ammo and I have so much, I essentially have unlimited ammo. I have instant reload, so I never have to go "FUCKFUCKFUCK! CMON!!!!! RELOAD!". Technically, you can say any weapon is overpowered. You just need the right build.

And Sollie > GAU. Ryan > GAU. Jarki > One GAU user (XD). GAU users aren't invincible. Dusk Enforcer users are definitely not invincible. So Tongue

Trigger wrote:
Sure, DF can still be played for free but it's the mere thought that people have the option to simply buy their way past you with real money that bothers me.

Technically they could already do that. Sadly, I feel the same way though. A certain user, Pandora, sucked at the game. She could grind, but it took her forever and wasn't good at anything. Then she met Sgt. Thompson. He bought her anything she needed. She now has his GAU and Gold Membership. Suddenly she's one of the "elite" of Dead Frontier.

It's even worse when she brags about it, then when I get fed up with it and conront her, she basically redirects everything to her bragging until I say something that shoves her foot in her mouth.

SettingSun wrote:
I'll quote some gold member discussions after I get home. Most of it is just about the community, suggestions for the ENTIRE GAME, and specific players (I'm not going into the Jarki section of it, too much win).

Dammit, now I'm curious. XD

And Gold Membership members may start getting access to exclusive weapons. I just hope they don't start getting access to exclusive overpowered weapons.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:50 am

We may get to test them out, but we won't have them for PvP against regular users.

Nor will we be able to use them in "Regular OA's" or "Regular Grinding". We might get to test some new guns out and some suggested weaponry but we won't get them permanently.

If any of the guns are overpowered, I'll fill you guys in Cheesy

...Also about Pandora. I believe that to be either Sgt Thompson or some chick who sent him some nudes.

That's just me though.

....and the bitch isn't one of the Elite of DF. Euphoria, sadly, is one of the elite. Somehow I'm one of the Elite... along with you Jarkwee.

Sollie should be... I'll give her my spot! Cheesy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:03 am

Sgt. Thompson loves his Pandora like Uber loves his Euphoria... before the reveal. XD

And I was hoping they would make it so that you cannot use GAU's in PvP or OAs.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 am

That's been debated... but a lot of people seem to benefit from it.

Not just the GM's but the regular players too.

...I personally find them useless. I get JUST as many kills as they do and only use roughly... 1/8 their amount of ammo.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:16 pm

sollie IS 1337.

had she spent all that time on one character instead of 4 she would probably be in the high 50's if not 60's. the same for jarki remaking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Jarki's many alts and remakes, Nicolai's many alts, Sollie's alts...

All three of us could be above 60.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Combine SS and RM and I'd be around level 60.
...but I like having these two.
RM I might get class changed some day....
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 9:05 pm

So uhh...rather than make another topic I'm saying this here: I'm loading DF atm and will definitely play for a while tonight and tomorrow, I may become active once again.

However...Civ 4 is going to get here sometime next week, so don't be suprised if I am unheard of for several days.

And, DF seems to be slightly faster for me somehow...the images loaded quicker, even the Inner City is going faster! 4%-12% in the time it took to type this message which...wasn't long.

Edit: Yep, definitely faster. 24% as I type this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 11:16 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:

And, DF seems to be slightly faster for me somehow...the images loaded quicker, even the Inner City is going faster! 4%-12% in the time it took to type this message which...wasn't long.

Edit: Yep, definitely faster. 24% as I type this.

Witchcraft!!
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 10:43 am

Yeah, Mr. Yates has been working on that problem.

Combine his work with the (what would be the opposite of an influx?) of players... yeah.

OA time is still lagtastic though, yippee for that. Seems every idiot out there is all, "OA OHNOES!!11!1111 LESGO TO ROOFTOP WITH PEN KNIFE~!@@!#@!!@!@!!1!212121@1@12!2!"

/rant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DF P2P exclusively now?   DF P2P exclusively now? Empty

Back to top Go down

DF P2P exclusively now?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: