Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Discipline

Go down 
+5
Z 1
Synyster Gates
Wesker
SettingSun
Austin Powers
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Discipline - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:47 pm

Quote :
Even if you're a prosecutor, you can't change the way the legal system works.

Unfortunately, you're right. But if I can get some killers off the streets for a couple of decades, well, I guess I'll be helping someone out somewhere.

Quote :

I honestly believe if you are proven beyond ALL DOUBT of a crime that should carry the death penalty, you deserve to be executed. Firing squad, old style it. What is it... $0.30 a bullet for a 9mm? Let's put that gun industry to good use.

I still like the idea of bludgeoning them to death with a hammer, but your idea is fine as well. You have to give props to the classics.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 4:39 pm

What about this, if a person is convicted of a crime, then the family of the victim is given the choice of punishment, anything from forgiveness (Could be devote Christians, or any religion that favors forgiveness) to death, to being skinned alive, it would open up a whole new job field in specialized executioner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Z 1 wrote:
What about this, if a person is convicted of a crime, then the family of the victim is given the choice of punishment, anything from forgiveness (Could be devote Christians, or any religion that favors forgiveness) to death, to being skinned alive, it would open up a whole new job field in specialized executioner.

I'm not fond of the idea that some soft idiot with bells in his hair might let a dangerous criminal go unpunished just because a figment of his imagination stresses forgiveness.

No, the same punishment must apply for everyone who commits crimes similar magnitudes.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 5:15 pm

I didn't say that there forgiveness would be accepted by anyone, if they where to have an accident after they where released no one would look into it
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Guillotine > Firing Squad.

It's entertainment, AND brutal efficiency! *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Trigger wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:
No one truly DESERVES to die.

Say that again after someone rapes someone you love, kills her, and then leaves her broken, lifeless body in a ditch. THEN, try to say it again.
I don't love anyone. I stand by what I said earlier.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Synyster Gates wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

Say that again after someone rapes someone you love, kills her, and then leaves her broken, lifeless body in a ditch. THEN, try to say it again.

That cannot be true. If so, you are truly a monster of the highest degree.
I personally love everyone here, even Z, though he annoys me. Just the fact that you come and post here probably means that you love us.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 9:47 pm

I like how a simple funny video I posted causes a whole freakin debate on society...
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 2:08 am

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:
Trigger wrote:
Synyster Gates wrote:

That cannot be true. If so, you are truly a monster of the highest degree.
I personally love everyone here, even Z, though he annoys me. Just the fact that you come and post here probably means that you love us.
I like you all in a slightly heterosexual way.

Except Trigger. I like him in a extremely hetero way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:02 am

*Sexually assaults Syn in a hetero way for possessing a conflicting opinion*
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:40 am

*joins in the sexual assault*

Anyways, in a Eutopian society everyone would love everyone else, right Syn? Everything would be perfect. Humanity isn't perfect, so your opinion, your theory, and your very existance is flawed. Have a good 'un!
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:37 pm

SettingSun wrote:
*joins in the sexual assault*

Anyways, in a Eutopian society everyone would love everyone else, right Syn? Everything would be perfect. Humanity isn't perfect, so your opinion, your theory, and your very existance is flawed. Have a good 'un!
Wrong. I'm not describing a Utopian society. I'm describing a Christian society. The real ones, not the ones that think they can drink alcohol and touch little boys.

TURN TO JESUS NOW, SETTINGSUN.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:43 pm

Now why would a christian society do so well syn, I think the middle ages show that there are a few problems with that.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:50 pm

Well it was a joke. Stupid comments from stupid people get stupid comments from a stupid person, know what I'm saying? (In direct response to Settingsun's attempt to understand anything)

P.S. I said REAL Christians... Also if you are reffering to the Crusades, that wouldn't of happened if everyone were Christian... Including the so-called Christians whom were Crusading.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 3:55 pm

hey hey hey calm down children and stop arguing no more religious arguments ( however i am christian)
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Seriously, it was a joke. Humanity isn't based off Christianity. It's based off sanity. The fact we can talk about a fair and just way of killing people while being completely serious is proof in fact that we need help. We're going to kill people cause we don't want to pay for them to live in jail? That's extremely shallow, in my opinion. (Sorry Trigger.)
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:12 pm

I don't want them killed because it will save us money, I want them killed because there animals. The first commandment calls for

"If any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. "

I say we follow that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:20 pm

It's not about the money itself, it's about the sheer, messed up notion that we should pay for the crimes of others. That we should pay for people that would be dead if justice had been done.

Discipline - Page 2 Crack_11
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Trigger wrote:
It's not about the money itself, it's about the sheer, messed up notion that we should pay for the crimes of others. That we should pay for people that would be dead if justice had been done.

Discipline - Page 2 Crack_11
If justice had been done? What a sad world when we can refer to justice as murdering everyone.

And Z, you speak of the Old Testament. Christians follow the new one, look in there before you respond to the Christian code.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:46 pm

You know what's even sadder than murdering a murderer? Letting him live so he can murder ten other people.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Ah syn Christians follow both the first and second testament, so you should get that fact straight.

And who said any thing about murdering everyone, we are just talking about the people who where going to hell for what they did (Trigg, religious man to religious man talk, don't interrupt with your atheism that explains everything perfectly), they killed people who where doing good in there life and where killed to early. The people they killed might have made the world better, and we can make it better by making sure they death does not go unpunished.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Trigger wrote:
You know what's even sadder than murdering a murderer? Letting him live so he can murder ten other people.
He's a murder. He can murder all he wants. Why would the rest of us turn into murderer's when we can keep him in jail where the worst he can do is shiv people. Life in jail should be the maximum punishment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Quote :
(Trigg, religious man to religious man talk, don't interrupt with your atheism that explains everything perfectly)

Your religious talk can go jump off a bridge

Quote :
He's a murder. He can murder all he wants. Why would the rest of us turn into murderer's when we can keep him in jail where the worst he can do is shiv people. Life in jail should be the maximum punishment.

As I've already said before, that's making innocent people pay for his unspeakable crimes, which is even more unethical than having him killed as he deserves. The justice system should serve the victims, not the criminals.

Also, keeping them in jail runs the risk of having them escape. Truly dangerous criminals aren't the sort of people you should keep chained up and hope they don't get out. (Haven't you ever seen Kung Fu Panda??)
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:01 pm

Trigger wrote:
Quote :
(Trigg, religious man to religious man talk, don't interrupt with your atheism that explains everything perfectly)

Your religious talk can go jump off a bridge

Quote :

As I've already said before, that's making innocent people pay for his unspeakable crimes, which is even more unethical than having him killed as he deserves. The justice system should serve the victims, not the criminals.
I agree the religious talk can jump off a bridge. I brought it up to be stupid, in response to Settingsun's stupidity. As I've stated before, you don't have to be a Christian to have human decency to not murder people.

And Trigger, even considering the fact that we might have to pay to let someone live is in itself unethical. Why should we care if we have to pay for someone to live in prison? It's better than killing him off like a stray dog that happened to have rabies. Even if he killed someone, and might do it again, isn't it just a little bit shallow to think that if it saves you money, then murder the heck out of him? You can't put a price on human lives.

But since you can't see that, let me bring up the innocent's prospective. There's a lot of people who get killed on Death Row, when they're innocent. Falsely accused and sent to death. What if you were one of the falsely accused? I bet you'd be pretty willing to depart with 10% of your paycheck to let yourself live in prison rather than being put to death for a crime you didn't commit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Consider this hypothetical situation.

Jackie Q kills and rapes Suzy. Instead of killing him, they stick him in a penitentiary for the rest of his days. While he's there, the nice taxpayers who AREN'T convicted rapist murderers have to pay to keep him alive. Then, after a year or twenty in the joint, Jackie Q escapes from prison, then kills and rapes Jenny, Chelsea, and Nicole before being captured again.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to be the one to tell Jenny, Chelsea, and Nicole's parents that their daughters were raped and killed because a bunch of bleeding hearts thought it was more important to keep a convicted rapist murderer alive than their daughters.

And if I wound up on death row falsely, sure I'd be mad as hell. But it's an imperfect world, and FAR more guilty convicts are killed than innocent ones. And seeing as how long the waiting list on Death Row is, I'd wager my end would come of natural causes long before they got the needle in me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discipline   Discipline - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Discipline
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: