Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Long Arm Effectiveness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Long Arm Effectiveness Empty
PostSubject: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:12 pm

Each weapon proficiency has it's own capability to kill Longarms.

Melee: Katana, Battle Axe, Dusk Razor, Grinder... but I think you should try and keep things stealthy if you have Melee.

Pistols: Deagle, Dusk Enforcer, SW 500, Raging Bull

Rifles: Dragunov is somewhat decent, but I think only one worth it is VSS Vintorez. The advantage to rifles is, it's a lot of power early on, but not so many majorly powerful guns. Well, the Gauss Rifle is fairly effective, but I highly doubt Rezno will ever put it up to be copied.

Shotguns: Protecta, USAS-12, and I heard the semi-autos worked well until you had 5+ sprinting. Saiga-20 also works well with Instant Reload.

Small Machine Guns: HK UMP, Thompson, K-50M

Heavy Machine Guns: FN Minimi, FN MAG, M60, GAU-19, and some say the AK-47/FN FAL does a good job.

Grenade Launchers: With 110+ Reload, any of them is efficient for grinding longarms... from the safety of behind a counter. But with an XM25, you're fine anywhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:22 pm

*Noms Jarki as his way of saying "Thanky!"*
Back to top Go down
Mordheim
Survivor
Mordheim

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:50 pm

mmm... VSS..
*drools over his shirt*
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 11:44 pm

You know Jarki, there's a bit more potential for this post. It would be interesting to see
how many hits it takes to down a Longarm with these weapons. Granted you wouldn't
be able to use all of them yourself, but perhaps you could gather information from people
who do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:01 pm

I can actually figure all that out, if you give me time.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Cool, I eagerly await your results.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 1:33 am

any 7.5 round takes 3 crits, 5.5 takes 5 crits i believe, katana and Baxe take 3 crits, amp takes 3 crits, unsure of the VSS and the RB because of the recent changes in their damage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Not true.

Multiple guns have different values attatched to them.

Also, certain guns never crit, etc.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:24 pm

yeah, 7.5 and 5.5 i listed was for rifle. figuring out the crits and hits with HMG's and SMG's wouldnt be very practical
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:27 pm

SMGs, would work if we said "usually around.."

Same with HMGs. Shotguns.

Certain Rifle values, such as Dragunov, have reduced damage for 7.5mm or 5.5mm.

Raging Bull, has increased .50 damage. As does SW 500. As does Dusk Enforcer.

It's very complicated.. I'll just work with Crynsos on this, later.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:31 pm

RB had its damage slightly nerfed i think. USAS supposedly got nerfed in combat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:02 pm

Yes, they did.

But RB still has a gigantic damage boost. The nerfs didn't do very much, at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long Arm Effectiveness   Long Arm Effectiveness Empty

Back to top Go down

Long Arm Effectiveness
Page 1 of 1