Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Go down 
+3
Uvana
Moose
Z 1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 8:25 pm

the first one not the 2nd one

well i just reinstalled it yesterday since this like 2 am and too be honest it is not a game t play when you tired since it dont affect me normally it creaps the hell out of me when am tired and it night

i find it alot like fear in the way it scares you but it stull dont efect me for some odd reason it dose creap me out in places and make a me jump abit but a more likely to hit my wall in anger due to the fact i died and never saved it

its alot like the very old game with no cheack points you have constantly save the game so if you die you dont lose to much progress

and its awsome except for the fact they change the name of guns alot

but for an eastern europeran game it very good i just think why the hell dont they make more

the game world is constantly filled with the same type of gerneric game. with the same plot line the same idea and the same unamaditve caricters it easy to make some fancy carter but what good is in a game were they dont show who your cacter is untill later on in the game were ou start of not knowing the hell you are.

well have any u lot played it am not sure jarki would like it much since its alot like fear and if i rember correctly jarki dont like fear for a reason am not saying it her choice to say it not mine.

i give it 10/10 for gameplay
and 9/10 for gravics the hands and feet are too big
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:50 pm

come on comment
Back to top Go down

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 5:53 pm

I've mostly lost faith with the standard first person shooter.

Does it have any non-firearm elements to make it stand out, like the plasmids from Bioshock or the ability to control time in Timeshift?
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Both of the games you named are recreations of good games.

Bioshock is system shock

and timeshift is Half life, mostly 2

A scientist with no combat training in a suit that gives him the ability to shoot guns good, becomes a folk hero for an oppressed city, who is being oppressed by another scientist who you worked under. The assault rifle in the game is a direct copy of the combine rifle in half life 2.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 am

lol

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
is no way a normal game

its a very good game which you two dont seem to get it not a standard fps

its more of a a cross between fear and oblivion

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, previously known as S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost, is a first-person shooter computer game by the Ukrainian developer GSC Game World, published in 2007.

It features an alternate reality theme, where a second nuclear disaster occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the near future and causes strange changes in the area around it. The game has a non-linear storyline and features gameplay elements such as trading and two-way communication with NPCs. The game includes elements of role-playing and business simulation games.

The background and some terminology of the game ("The Zone", "Stalker") is borrowed from the popular science fiction novella Roadside Picnic by Boris and Arkady Strugatsky and the 1979 Andrei Tarkovsky film Stalker that was loosely based on it, as well as Stalker, the film's subsequent novelization by the original authors.

In Stalker, the player assumes the identity of an amnesiac "Stalker", an illegal explorer/artifact scavenger in "The Zone", named "The Marked One". "The Zone" is the location of an alternate reality version of the Chernobyl Power Plant after a second, fictitious explosion, which contaminated the surrounding area with radiation and caused strange otherworldly changes in local fauna, flora and the laws of physics. "Stalker" in its original film context roughly meant "explorer" or "guide", as the stalker's goal was to bring people into the Zone.

On July 11 2007, GSC Game World announced a prequel, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, which was released on 5 September 2008.[3] On April 30 2009, GSC Game World announced a sequel, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, which is to be released in autumn 2009. [4]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. stands for "Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer, Robber".[5]

yaken from wiki for some back ground info
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:07 am

The only problem I have with STALKER: SOC is the insane amount of health that enemies possess. You could fight one enemy who has the same exact armor as you, with lesser stats and resistances, on the easiest difficulty, and they will take multiple clips of an assault rifle to the head before they die. Conversely, they kill you very quickly on the easiest difficulty in the aforementioned situation. It's crazy!
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:30 am

simply get a btter weapon
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Dude, the SPSA-12 (The best shotgun in the game) with slugs/darts will not kill a high level enemy until the entire tube of shells is emptied into him. And "get a better weapon" shouldn't be an excuse for that crap! It shouldn't matter if I shoot you in the unarmored face with an MP5 or a Groza, you should die!
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 am

No, I loved F.E.A.R., it just scared the SHIT out of me. XD

And I also loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R... I didn't see any similarities between the two. XD

System Shock 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bioshock. XD
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 3:42 am

F.E.A.R. and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

both have abbreviated game titles

and System Shock IS Bioshock
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:42 am

No, it isn't. XD

Bioshock is basically a tribute to. They have some similarities, but are WAY too different to be compared as the same.

That's like comparing MGS4 and MW2.

Even if you compared the two as the same, doesn't make my statement any less true.

Also, when he said they were the basically the same, he wasn't referring to the title, but the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:01 pm

BLACK is neat...sort of.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 am

Moose wrote:
Dude, the SPSA-12 (The best shotgun in the game) with slugs/darts will not kill a high level enemy until the entire tube of shells is emptied into him. And "get a better weapon" shouldn't be an excuse for that crap! It shouldn't matter if I shoot you in the unarmored face with an MP5 or a Groza, you should die!

but i had no problems with guns since i use assault rifle and every one knows shotguns are for close range inside buildings or in closed spaces thus in the way stalker is built assault rifles are the best bet to go with.

anyone got the true endings with c-coniance
Back to top Go down
Jabbawoky
Survivor
Jabbawoky

Number of posts : 30

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:14 am

Theres a mod in progress called Lost Alpha. Its bringing back all the old maps from the pre-2006 builds and afew more.

Link

Map list: keep in mind that most old build maps like Cordon are completely different from the maps which you played in Stalker: SoC, so you are getting a whole new game really.

* Dead City (completed)
* Darkscape (completed)
* Rostok Factory (completed)
* Darkvalley (used some interiors from build 2205) (completed)
* Pripyat (completed)
* +1 "surprise" map (X %)
* Cordon (completed)
* Garbage (completed)
* Agroprom (completed)
* Yantar (rework completed)
* Swamp (rework completed)
* Radar (rework completed)
* Generators (completed)
* Bar-Rostok (completed)
* Warlab (completed)
* Secret lab (completed)
* Darklab (x18) (completed)
* Stancia (completed)
* Sarcofag (completed)
* Military (completed)
* Bunker (radar ug) (completed)
* X16 lab from SoC (needed since 1935 yantar has too different underground, so we can use this SoC map too) (completed)
* Desolated Factory (remade SoC yantar map) (needed for the x16 lab, because with the underground tunnels they perfectly fit to each... also this means the x16lab and this factory map will be placed somewhere else on the global zone map... somewhere north) (completed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty
PostSubject: Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R   S.T.A.L.K.E.R Empty

Back to top Go down

S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Game Centre :: Games Room-
Jump to: