Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Tonight on I&S Idol!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Tonight on I&S Idol! Empty
PostSubject: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:53 pm

The Ideas & suggestions board on the DF forums is supposed to be a place for creative thinkers,
so that they can come together and share their thoughts on what could better the game.

Instead it's more like some reality talent show you watch from 8 to 11 every night on tv.

There are way too many Elitist players lurking around, who think that their level, status,
ideals, preferences and other such things make them better than everyone else.

*coughs* Lucas, Yakkety, Vengance 1`st*cough*

They like to complain that I&S is a cesspool because of "noobies" and that fanatical action
must be taken in order to "save the board." When their own bitchfit threads and the ensuing
arguments slowly drown any potentially good ideas.

They believe that the boards should be restricted or invite only, that you have to be their
level and have their post count for you to even post in the boards. They have no control in
their own lives and they get off on trying to control everyone and everything else.

They're close minded, fanatical, angry, angry little people.

Now I'll go ahead and admit my own faults. I'm quite close-minded at times, I've done more
than my fair share of flameing, and slurring and being a general douchebag. I've since tried
to be more understanding, though that "troll" inside of me leaks out from time to time.

And to be honest I don't know these people personally, and I don't rightly want to. They could
be the most polite, sincere, understanding persons on earth.

But on the net, they're nothing more than pretentious twerps who's egos are bigger than their
penises will ever be.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:57 pm

Ya, thats why I never really read the df forums anymore. Too many a holes, kids, and poeple who think they are wise and mature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:11 pm

In my experience:
80% of I&S = Bad Ideas
10% of I&S = Potentially Good Ideas
10% of I&S = People complaining about the noobs in I&S

I largely agree with you. I hate it when people equate post count and level with intelligence.

But on the flip size, I do agree with their ravings every now and then when I see someone post an idea that clearly deserves a face palm.

But for no reason should someone be denied their right to have an idea just because they haven't been around as long. Instead, we should simply alienate the blatantly idiotic ones and belittle them until they leave and free up the I&S board for people with ideas that might actually be of some use. Tongue
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Well it's like I mentioned to Austin, I can relate with Lucas on certain occasions. A lot of noobies
spend maybe a few hours in the game. Then they flock to the forums, and with total disregard to
I&S rules, post an idea that marks them as a target for flamers and Elitists.

A lot of the time these players continue to ignore the rules, and eventually are flamed out of the
game all together. Allowing that to happen would only hurt DF, I mean who's going to pay to be
insulted?... besides submission fetishists.

In some cases players will eventually learn to follow the rules, and in the best case scenario,
will go on to try and help other beginners when they see them. A friendlier populace means
a broader player base.

I don't know how one could better the forums and insure that people read the forum rules,
I do know that ostracizing and discrimination isn't the way to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:50 pm

I've found, the only way to survive on the DF Forums, is to either be cute, or aggressive.

>.>

Or a mixture of both :3
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Whatever it takes to survive Jarki, whatever it takes.

Unfortunately, I've had to remind Lucas one to many times that it's because of his
nasty attitude that noobies never change, they never really get the chance.

Hell, Apula got banned because of the same reasons.

Ok not exactly, she got banned because she was flaming and insulting people... but
that'll eventually lead her down the same path that Lucas is on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:16 pm

I just keep to myself most of the time. Partially because of the overaggressive community, and partially because I don't have anything to contribute except small talk.

But... I always give help when it's needed. I try to be nice like that. Tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:00 pm

lucas. acts like he's been around forever, knows more than everyone, and that his opinion is worth more than others. He's a pompous dick, and we realize it. He doesn't. XD
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Oh he realizes it, with as many of his threads that he's been confronted in, he knows.

Like most though, he chooses to forget as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Lol, I might just get banned for calling him what I did in public. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonight on I&S Idol!   Tonight on I&S Idol! Empty

Back to top Go down

Tonight on I&S Idol!
Page 1 of 1