Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. Empty
PostSubject: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 pm

Ugh.. this isn't only about issues with Dial-Up but also msn. So a few days ago I downloaded the
update for msn, and tried to run it. I get about 80% done and the download crashes. So I try it
two more times, but never make it past 30%.. Well now I can't access my MSN messenger, and
now I can't even download the installer because it's about 130 some megs, and it'd take about 8
hours to download! -.-

It isn't that I lack the patience for this sort of download, shit I remember downloading Conquer
Online over Dial-up, and it took me 2 weeks of nearly non-stop downloading to complete! but
NetZero has quality connection issues.. I rare go more than two hours without a disconnection,
and even if I could, if I let my pc idle for too long, NetZero automatically closes and there's no
real options to change this.

In short.
Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. Images10
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:18 pm

I want to have your babies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:19 pm

There's one option:

Get better internet. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Well if he's anything like me, then that isn't an option at all without packing up and finding another home far away from our present location.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 11:52 pm

My NetZero is actually stable, and can run for long periods of time with no problems. But I forked out the extra $5 a month for "Premium" NetZero. Or Highspeed, as they call it.

I feel your pain though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 am

I have Telepak. I only randomly lose my connection once or twice a week.

However, my internet automatically cuts itself off every eight hours for some asinine reason. This made downloads over 89.6MB impossible until I discovered the wonders of BitTorrent.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:12 am

Jarki's right, the only option I have would be to get a better ISP, but there aren't a lot of options
around here, not for my budget. My income is quite unstable at the moment, and I never know
when I'm going to be able to afford things or not. NetZero is the only company I have access to,
because of the unstable income I owe quite a large clump of money to both AT&T and to Charter,
which I cannot afford to pay back at the time.

Well I do have one other option, Hi-Speed Wireless DSL, which I would give anything to have
back right now, but it costs about $15 bucks more than what I'm paying now. I know that $25
doesn't sound like a lot, but when you could find your cash flow suddenly crippled at the drop
of a hat, it becomes a big deal.

I've read that in some areas NetZero offers cheap DSL, like $12.99 a month, looking into this
however, there's a one time service fee of $25 bucks for a modem, and additional fees for
installation and other service fees. That doesn't matter though, cause it isn't even in my
area.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:45 pm

get a wirelss box and if you nabor has wireless use theres
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:42 pm

fatalitywolf wrote:
get a wirelss box and if you nabor has wireless use theres

I actually tried that when I had my wireless DSL, my friend lent me his wireless router. Sadly it
didn't pick up on any signals, I know I'm not the only one with net around here, but it seems that
no one else within range has wireless o-o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.   Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dial-Up, Msn messanger, NetZero.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: