Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Need help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

I am a very big fan of blizzard games, I have borrowed warcraft and bought starcraft, and I play wow, what I want to know is if any one has played Diablo®️ II,.

The reason I am relly intrested is because I watched blizzcon and liked what I saw of starcraft 2 and diablo III.

I if posible I need some info on how diablo II plays and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:25 pm

I checked it out on wiki, and I think this might be the game we (Trigg, Austin, Peng, and others )have been looking for, we can play story online with up to 8 people, free, the game is 19 bucks, with digital download from Blizzard store.

Unlike the original Diablo, Diablo II was made specifically with online gaming in mind [4]. Several spells (such as auras or war cries) multiply their effectiveness if they are cast within a party, and dungeons, although they still exist, were largely replaced by open spaces.

Multiplayer is achieved through Blizzard's Battle.net free online service, or via a LAN. Battle.net is divided into "Open" and "Closed" realms [5]. Players may play their single-player characters on open realms; characters in closed realms are stored on Blizzard's servers, as a measure against cheating, where they must be played every 90 days to avoid expiration. Online play is otherwise nearly identical to single-player play. The most notable difference is that online maps are generated randomly, with a new map for every game a player enters, while offline, single player maps are retained in computer memory, though only for a single difficulty setting at a time.

As the game can be played cooperatively (Players vs. Monsters, PvM), groups of players with specific sets of complementary skills can finish some of the game's climactic battles in a matter of seconds, providing strong incentives for party-oriented character builds. Up to eight players can be in one game; they can either unite as a single party, play as individuals, or form multiple opposing parties. Experience gained, monsters' hit points and damage, and the number of items dropped are all increased as more players join a game, though not in a strictly proportional manner. Players are allowed to duel each other with all damage being reduced in player vs player (PvP). The bounty for a successful kill in PvP is a portion of the gold and the "ear" of the defeated player (with the previous owner's name and level at the time of the kill).

Patch 1.10 included the option of playing with a ladder character. The ladder system can be reset at various intervals to allow for all players to start fresh with new characters on an equal footing. Ladder seasons have lasted from as short as nine months to over a year. When a ladder season ends all ladder characters are transferred to the non-ladder population. Certain rare items are available only within ladder games, although they can be traded for and exchanged on non-ladder after the season has ended [6].

The game has been patched extensively; the precise number of patches is impossible to determine as Battle.net has the capability of making minor server-side patches to address immediate issues. The game is currently in version 1.12 [7]. The latest major patch was released on June 17, 2008. Through the patch history, several exploits and issues have been addressed (such as illegal item duplication, though it still exists), as well as major revamps to the game's balance. Not all patches have affected Diablo II directly, as several were designed to address issues in the expansion to the game and had minimal effects on Diablo II.

On March 3, 2009, Blizzard announced a new Diablo 2 content patch, 9 years after the game's release. From the forums: "We’re in the process of working on Diablo II content patch 1.13, and we want to try to include the Diablo community’s most important changes in our production schedule. To achieve this we’re asking for your input on what you’d like to see in this patch." The community can leave their input on the Battle.net forums. [8]
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Also, this game requires min amount of computer power, its 9 years old, but does not look to bad.

233 MHz Pentium or better, 32 MB RAM, 650 MB drive space, 4X CD-ROM drive, DirectX compatible video card.

Also, as said in first post new game comes out sometime in time soon, and the story is connected, so its got story.
Back to top Go down

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 pm

O:

I'd always heard about it, but for some reason or another it never caught my attention until now.

After watching some videos of it, I've decided that that's just about the kind of game I like, as long as it has a maximum level that takes a good long while to achieve.

Yep, Imma buy it the next chance I get.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:51 pm

Bought, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 am

Diablo 3 is coming soon. Wait for that.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:03 am

I thought of that, but I want the story from this game before I play the next, plus most people believe your chances of being in a beta for a game goes up if you own a copy of it.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 1:59 am

Diablo 2 is definitely the king of all MMO games developed prior to WOW, and is still a very
strong contender even today in my opinion.

Take it from someone who spent a good 3 months of solid-almost non-stop playing, it has A
ton of story and game-play that you guys will most certainly love. I can't remember how many
hours I spent collecting gems, combing them with the Horadric Cube in order to get the most out
of my items.

You guys will not be displeased with getting Diablo 2, it's aged better than most games from it's age
have, and has a lot of lasting power. People will still be playing this long after Diablo 3 comes out,
and I hear that you can transfer your characters from the previous game onto the next, so all that
time working on one character will not be in vain.

I borrowed my friend's copy when I lost my net earlier this year, and I'd have gone insane if not
for the game. I highly suggest that you have a good play list of kickass songs though, cause the
in-game music can get quite old really fast.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 pm

I don't know if you can call it an MMO, only eight people teams, compared to 40 man raids in wow.

But it is a nice game.

For all people who have not played it, I would compare it to champions of norath, same set up, and same why quests and story's are handed out.

You move by click and holding down right or left mouse key, turn it to turn, and when holding it down, if you run into a bad guy, you hit him, you then need to keep pressing the mouse buttons to attack, both mouse buttons can be set to diffrent attack types, and the game looks pretty good for a 9 year old game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help   Need help Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: