Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Borderlands

Go down 
+2
Claude01
fatalitywolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Borderlands is an upcoming science fiction first-person shooter with RPG elements that is currently in development by Gearbox Software for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and is due for release October 20, 2009

its an RPS role playing shooter

with 82 bazillion guns its gonna rock

The game will also have a feature similar to Diablo's random level generation system. The system used is one akin to Diablo, a Procedural Content Creation System, which will influence mainly the weaponry seen in-game, but also, to a lesser degree, the in-game world and map.

"We saw a ridiculous amount of guns, but perhaps the strangest was a revolver that fired shotgun shells. Gearbox is constantly surprised with what the system comes up with. They've seen rifles shoot everything from homing darts to rockets. "One of the guns tracks onto something and locks, and after three seconds, [the target] suddenly explodes, director Matthew Armstrong says."

At any time while playing Borderlands, a player can melee another player to issue a challenge. When the melee is returned, a 1 vs 1 duel starts. Players can also travel to "arenas" located at various locations in the game world. These arenas are specifically made for competitive play, players can face off in both Free-For-All styled games or teambased games.

Story

In the distant future, several colonization ships head to Pandora, a planet on the edge of the galaxy. The colonists are drawn there in search of a better life as well as vast mineral resources said to be on the planet, free for anyone's taking, akin to a futuristic gold rush. Some time after settling, the colonists discover that there is little the planet offers, aside from some decrepit alien ruins. Those who have money leave, and the remaining population devolves into chaos and lawlessness. Some of the settlers seek to get rich quickly by discovering alien technology. Most others are just trying to survive. After seven earth years, the planet's slow orbit brings a transition from winter to spring, and many horrifying creatures emerge from hibernation.

A beacon of hope for the remaining colonists emerges in the form of a mysterious vault carved in the side of a mountain. This vault is said to contain vast stores of alien technology and secrets. The only problem is that the people who discovered the vault were completely wiped out by some sort of protective force. The only evidence of their discovery is a scattered radio transmission, proclaiming the vault's majesty, but not its location.

There will be four playable characters in the game, all with unique skills, abilities, and back stories. As these characters level up, the player can increase basic stats for them such as health totals, ammo capacity, and accuracy. Each character also has three unique focus skill trees to develop making each and every character different even if they start the same. There is also an accessory item type specific to each character.
Mordecai

Mordecai came to Pandora in search of a man from his past named Demosthenes. Upon learning that Demosthenes has died, Mordecai sets off to learn how he died and what he was carrying. Mordecai's play style is that of a lone ranger, preferring to snipe enemies from afar. Some of his special abilities can augment the party's damage from headshots or give accuracy boosts. Later in the game, he will befriend a bird-like creature named Bloodwing that will assist in combat.

Roland

Roland is a former soldier of the Crimson Lance, a sort of highly trained private military that disregards law and order. A decade-old vendetta is rekindled when Roland learns that the leader of the Brigadiers has a suspiciously similar name to a man he has sworn to kill. Some of Roland's abilities are meant to supplement and support the party. His Leadership skill can boost the party's experience gains, while his Medical skill will increase health regeneration, and Support will increase weapon damage or regenerate ammunition for the party, Roland is a soldier class and the only class that doesn't have to worry about ammo as a special backpack produces an infinite supply. The skill tree is medical,support,and soldier

Lilith

Once a human, Lilith at one point was turned into a siren. One of only six Sirens, they are a group of people with unbelievable powers, but no way to control them. She comes to Pandora in search of another Siren, in an effort to find out more about herself. Lilith is essentially the mage of the group, using her Siren powers to support the group and attack the enemy. Some of her powers include the ability to increase the group's rate of fire, as well as the power to create temporal bubbles, which she can manipulate to slow down enemies and hostile projectiles or speed up allies. Her most iconic ability however is called "Phaze Walk", where Lilith becomes invisible and can sneak around enemies, upon revealing herself, she detonates a shockwave that can do area effect damage to all enemies.

Brick

A massive specimen of a man who likes to use his fists to smash the enemy above all else. He wears a necklace adorned with the paw of his beloved deceased dog. He fills in the tank niche and can take quite a beating as well having the ability to chug berserker-state inducing pills for short bursts of power. Not much is known about his story or why he is in Pandora.

this is the first game am actually gonna pre order am gonna get it for my ps3

and from what ive seen it gonna be awsome i like rpg game and i like fps i also like mmo games it kinda mix of all three mainly rpg and fps but it got a online mode too

and btw go watchsome of the trailers

what till i get it to get my views
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:32 pm

comment fools this is a great looking game
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:51 am

i ordered today and i get it on the 26th its out on the 23rd

i will tell you what i think once ive played it for a bit
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:14 pm

HA!

no
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:38 pm

If I get an Xbox or a Ps3, I'll get Fallout 3 first. Then Oblivion, then Fable 2...
Back to top Go down

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:45 pm

- 3 hours later -

... Then Section 8, then Two Worlds, then Borderlands.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:48 pm

Trigger wrote:
- 3 hours later -

... Then Section 8, then Two Worlds, then Borderlands.

Exactly. There are other games I want more than Borderlands. Killzone 2 is an example of that.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:52 pm

Section 8 demo was awesome.
Back to top Go down

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:56 pm

I hated the hell out of it. I hear multiplayer is decent, though.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:46 pm

most the games u would buy before this are xbox exclusive

am a ps3 owner m8 am gonna get fabel 2 sometime am getting bioshock first and grid and cod6 special edition and l4d2 and fallen earth( <an mmo with guns)
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 2:37 pm

i knew of fallen earth its great i betaed it but it was full of bugs and in my mind they released it tooooooo soon
but overall FE was great ... oh yea this is about borderlands isnt it? well borderlands looks good
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 5:53 pm

its very good game ive already completed it i got it on monday and completed it

a must buy
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:49 pm

hm...

it seems like you people love buying games with rpg elements and guns
Back to top Go down
Lucio 1995
Survivor
Lucio 1995

Number of posts : 14

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 pm

Its a Fallout rip-off with coop. I still like it though. (I downloaded it, not buyed it.)
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:23 pm

its not a fallout rip off i hate it when people say games are rip off of other games
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Borderlands Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borderlands   Borderlands Empty

Back to top Go down

Borderlands
Page 1 of 1