Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Ghost Hunt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Ghost Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Hunt   Ghost Hunt EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Hello friends.

With me not having any real net to speak of, I've used what little time I get at my friend's house to
watch a bit of anime. I've come across this fascinating little series called Ghost Hunt. You can find
the series on Youtube.

The premise is this junior high girl named Mai, has joined up with a psychical research team, known
as SPR, she and her team: Naru (Team Leader), John (Australian Catholic Priest), Ayako (A temple
priestess) Lin (Naru's special assistant) and Monk (A Buddhist priest, I think).

The show chronicles their investigations into various paranormal cases. The show is very rich in
psychical/paranormal facts, and is very intense in certain spots. The series is about 26 episodes long,
and almost all of the episodes are story arcs consisting of 2-4 shows long. Anyone who's into the
world of the paranormal, ghosts and psychic research will thoroughly enjoy this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5USraOaLvBc

I should also note that only about the first four episodes of the English dub have been uploaded,
so you're going to watch the majority of episodes in Japanese sub, hope this isn't a problem for
you guys. For the sake of interesting people further, I've placed the first ep here for you to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

Ghost Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Hunt   Ghost Hunt EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:27 pm

watched first ep and it was good cant wait for sub to kick in since that how u SOULD watch anime any other ways is ok unless they change the story like with naruto
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Ghost Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Hunt   Ghost Hunt EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:59 pm

Ah no, Subbed is the only way to watch a show, they leave in all the cursing plus less editing done to the show to fit our standers, the only better way to watch it would to be learning Japanese.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Ghost Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Hunt   Ghost Hunt EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:28 pm

Subbed is alright, I prefer it to dubbed most of the time. That's only because English
translators/censors severely screw things up. Seriously, why are they so scared of
exposing kids to Japanese kanji? kids learn from an early age that there are other
places in the world, different cultures and such, but why shield them from it?

I'm really hope you guys enjoy the rest of the series ;p the later episodes are where
the action is at. I'm close to end of the series, and let me tell you, it's their most interesting
case yet.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

Ghost Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Hunt   Ghost Hunt EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:41 pm

birkin most anime is not made for kids in the coventinal sence in japan they dont seem to belive kin cencorship so they can do what ever they want but western companys seem to think all cartoons are for kids and so thy change the words
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Ghost Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Hunt   Ghost Hunt EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:27 pm

Ok I went off on a tangent there.

I know that they censor anime and alter it to make it more kid friendly, but there are just some
shows that aren't meant to be for children. The censors don't do their research, they just censor
what ever they want to try and make it suitable for kids.

This has been a trend that's been going on for far too long. You rarely see horror movies these
days that are aimed for anyone over the age of 13, now I'll admit that some PG-13 horror flicks
are awesome, but their uncut versions that come out on DVD are even better. There are even
more films that have been ruined because of the PG-13 rating and it's censored ratings.

Censorship is a responsibility of parents, always has been, and should be enforced. Instead most
of the lazy chuds expect and LET someone else do their parental duties for them, and then everyone
else suffers for it.

Take for example Grand Theft Auto, and especially San Andreas. I'm sure you're all aware of the
"Hot Coffee Incident", the incident being that In GTA:SA for the PC, there is a hidden sex mini-game that can only be unlocked using a hack. "Concerned" parents demanded that the
rating be changed from an already high Nc-17 rating to an MA Mature rating. This is over a
mini game that can't even be accessed unless you have the PC version and know how to hack
to begin with.

What everyone dismissed during this whole conservative wank-fest was the fact that the PARENTS
were the ones to blame, for purchasing a game for their underage children to begin with, without
doing the research on them. Before you know it, they'll be stepping on people's rights for freedom
of speech. Unless it breaks any laws, I don't want some fucktards in Hollywood or anywhere else
telling me what I can and cannot view.

Unfortunately, they've got more money than I do, so all I can do is write angry angry words on
the interweb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ghost Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Hunt   Ghost Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost Hunt
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: