Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone Empty
PostSubject: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:11 pm

(Quick review is quick. Gotta hurry)

I bought it today.

I watched it.

I came.

To all NGE fans : Go fucking get it. It is an amazing re-telling of the first six episodes in the form of a full-length film, with enhanced visuals. The changes are minor, and are usually either awesome or unimportant. Never detrimental. (Like instead of using an SMG at the start of the second battle, Shinji uses a huge Gatling gun... and Angel 03-Sachiel has been re-designated as Angel 04)

To all NGE haters
: What on earth is wrong with you?

To Impy : GTFO mai thread. D=<

To people that have never heard of NGE
: I've seen a LOT of animes in my day... And this one tops them all. It is a definite must-see for anyone with the slightest interest in the giant-fighting-robot genre. The original anime aired over a decade ago, and has since been remade into four movies. However, only one of the four have made it to America yet.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:18 pm

NGE is fucked u-

NOU
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 11:21 pm

D=<
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:15 am

remove that pretty immature post
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:53 am

Claude01 wrote:
remove that pretty immature post

Done.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:54 am

I feel the need to point out that once you read the Red Cross Book or whatever it's called, the whole thing seems a lot more stupid...

And I have read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:17 am

Double post ftfw?
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:20 am

They weren't related, so I felt the need to separate them.

I'm a slave to my impulses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:33 am

>.>
<.<

Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 2:44 am

That it does, Jarki...

That it does....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:08 am

Off-topic cat would complain about the thread going off-topic, but Off-topic cat is off-topic himself, most of the time.

Anyone snapped into a Slim Jim recently? I haven't had one of those in forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:14 am

meh imo giant robots are boring, i used to be into mobile suit gundam but got bored after awhile, (same with all robot like animes) im more into comedy/drama animes now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:31 am

To be fair, this isn't anything like your average giant-mech anime.

The mechs themselves are mostly organic. They bleed when damaged, and have a tendency to go insane and gruesomely eat their opponents when pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:38 am

I agree about NGE being not your average giant-mech anime

but more importantly

why doesn't anyone want a harem anime?

does watching an anime about some awkward-dorky-guy being mauled by countless girls waiting for him to have sex with them, bad?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:40 am

Trigger wrote:
To be fair, this isn't anything like your average giant-mech anime.

The mechs themselves are mostly organic. They bleed when damaged, and have a tendency to go insane and gruesomely eat their opponents when pissed off.

WAT

Do explain
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:52 am

Hmm, well it's hard to explain without ruining an important part of the story.

Suffice it to say that Unit 01 gets very violent when Shinji is placed in danger. In a few cases of extreme mental instability, the mech cuts contact with the pilot/command center, and just goes on a spree of seemingly unstoppable ass-kickery. In one situation, the loser (A giant evil creature) got its guts eaten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:53 am

But.. why eaten..? XD
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:57 am

eaten may be just a word to represent the idea that the giant robo thing ripped the monster's guts with it's teeth/mouth

kinda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 am

Quote :
But.. why eaten..? XD

To absorb its S2 Engine. But as for why it ate the rest of the creature... I assume it must have been hungry. Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:36 am

well that explanation completely destroyed my theory

You'll get yours Trigg

I swear you'll get yours.....
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 am

Anonymous01 wrote:
NGE is fucked u-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:49 pm

*Angrily sips his tea*
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:48 pm

Its masks pops off, teeth appear it roars, than it proceeds to rape.
http://www.youranimenow.com/neon-genesis-evangelion.html

you can watch all episodess here, there are only 25, it was the show that set the standard for good anime shows ending in around 25 episodes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:22 pm

still giant robots with bleeding capabilities. still boring. sorry if you don't agree, idc if you don't i just don't find those types of anime interesting anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:38 pm

- Superior Story (Albeit confusing on the first run-through)

- Superior Action

- Superior Art

- Superior Originality

- Excellent Characters (Shinji could be a bit less whiny, I suppose)

- Superior Weapons (Skyscraper-sized Dual-saws, ftw)

- And a penguin that lives in a refrigerator.

- Also, there is no girl-with-an-annoying-voice-and-oversized-tits like you see in most animes.

What else do you want? There's infrequent nudity if you're the perverted sort, I guess. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone   Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone Empty

Back to top Go down

Neon Genesis Evangelion : Version 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next