Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Best Live Performance/Band?

Go down 
+5
Austin Powers
HellBlaze
Trig
Pest02
Uvana
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

Best Live Performance/Band? Empty
PostSubject: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:30 pm

If you had to choose a band for Best Live Performance, who would it be?

Personally, I would choose Muse. Matthew Bellamy is SUCH a showman. x3

I woulda killed to be at that concert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Muse

Matthew Bellamy Achievements wrote:

Total Guitar readers voted Bellamy 29th on a list of the top 100 guitarists. In 2004, Muse won "Best Album" for Absolution at the Kerrang! Awards.[5]

Bellamy's riff from "Plug In Baby" was 13th in Total Guitar's poll of the Top 100 Riffs above riffs such as Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love".[6]

In April 2005, Kerrang! magazine ranked him #1 in their "50 Sexiest People In Rock" poll but following an influx of letters to Kerrang!, they changed their decision and ranked him #1 in their unofficial 2008 poll, Cosmopolitan also chose him as the sexiest rocker of 2003 and 2004. NME Magazine voted him the 14th Greatest Rock'n'roll Hero of all time, beating John Lennon, Bob Dylan and many musical greats. Bellamy also won the Sexiest Male Award at the 2007 NME Awards,[7] beating the likes of Carl Barât and Pete Doherty to the top spot. Bellamy also reclaimed the title of Sexiest Male at the NME Awards 2009, again beating Pete Doherty and Carl Barât to the title, along with Keith Murray of We Are Scientists and Miles Kane. Bellamy appeared shocked when told of his win, declaring himself, 'too short to be sexy' (Bellamy is 5'7").

In 2006, the Muse album Black Holes and Revelations was voted "Album of the Year" by Planet Rock magazine. In the same year, Muse won "Best British Band" at the Kerrang! Awards.[8]

September 2007's issue of Q Magazine announced Matt Bellamy as a Guitar Hero. In October 2007 they came top of the MTV2 top 100 British videos, with "Plug in Baby". On 1 November 2007, Matthew and Muse won 2 EMA Awards in Munich for Best Group in the UK and Ireland and their live performance.[9]

As a band Muse have also achieved 2 Brit Awards (both of which were Best British Live Act), and a further 5 Brit nominations.

On 26 September 2008, the University of Plymouth awarded Bellamy an honourary doctorate degree in arts for his work in the field of music.[10]

In the January 2010 edition of Total Guitar magazine, Bellamy was crowned guitarist of the decade.

Beat that. >:3
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Journey.

Don't Stop Believing.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:22 pm

Elton John.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Knights of Cydonia...... Muse preforms mastery. Angus Young has a good show. It's hard to believe that he is playing the guitar while he dances and everything. And if led zeppelin were together....... Also Ozzy has pretty great concerts.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Queen. Hands down. You all lose.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:31 pm

Queen. This is true. They were THE best live performers.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:31 pm

I don't like Elton John just because I can't really get into it. I'm sure if I could, I would love his concerts as well.

Angus Young, I have to 100% disagree. XD

Led Zepplin would be another close second, in my eyes. But I don't think Ozzy would be anywhere near XD

Muse = First Band to ever sell out Wembley Stadium. And I don't think they've returned there since. x3

Queen... I'd have to give them a tie with Muse, simply because I enjoy Muse's performances better personally.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Well, Obviously Queen. But he doesn't count, because he's dead.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Metallica

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Metallica

Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Worst person I have seen live, Shinedown, and I mean I was three feet away from them, they where doing an in store where my dads works and the lead singer was just not into it, plus they played acoustic.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:19 pm

Acoustic =/= bad, but it relies heavily on the singer being into it, and doing well. x3
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 pm

And led zeppelin always did great with acoustic.

And since we are posting.........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Live Performance/Band?   Best Live Performance/Band? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Live Performance/Band?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next