Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

I call him.. Mini Me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

I call him.. Mini Me Empty
PostSubject: I call him.. Mini Me   I call him.. Mini Me EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:23 pm

So I went to the local flea market today and while browsing the various booths and stands,I came
across a collectibles vendor. He had all sorts of toys, some new, some old, some well known, some
obscure. I'd almost given his stand a glance and was about to walk away when I notice something
on the walls. To my surprise, it was a set of Resident Evil action figures! The Toy Biz brand to be
precise. Now I didn't get much of a look at his figures but off the top of my head he had figures
from RE 1 and RE 2, including: Forest Speyer Zombie and Normal Zombie, Hunter & Chimera,
Claire Redfield & Fat Cop Zombie, Tyrant from RE1, Mr.X with his clip-on super tyrant form,
and of course, this beauty.

Toybiz Video Game Superstars: Resident Evil 2 Platinum William Birkin G-1 and Sherry Birkin
I call him.. Mini Me 0021011

Great thing about the Toybiz figures is that most of the time you aren't buying just a stand alone
figure, but instead you get one or more figures, along with extra little accessories, which all things
considered is pretty damn cool. Reminds me kind of like the old Jurassic Park toys who did the
same thing.

Anyway, the picture is a little hard to make out, but the William Figure stands roughly at 7 1/2
inches tall and 4 and a half inches across, while the figure of Sherry is around 3 1/2 inches
tall. The detail on William is fantastic, though I wouldn't say its the best of a figure I've seen,
especially given the more expensive figurines that have been released in recent years, but given
this figure was made in 1998? Wow, I'd have shit brix if i got this on christmas day!

I call him.. Mini Me 00311

William sports several points of articulation, two joints in his shoulders and elbow, one in his mid-
section, and the two joints in his hips. Not bad, all things considered, but I'd really have liked if
he had joints in his knees as and his wrists as well. Sherry despite being a little over half her
father's size, shares almost as much articulation, being able to move her arms and legs forward
and backwards, and her head left to right.

As you can see on the box, William has a special "authentic video-game action", that action is
that the large ol' eye on his on his shoulder wiggles and moves around if you press a button
on his back. I got to admit, I'm really digging this figure. Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: I call him.. Mini Me   I call him.. Mini Me EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 8:50 pm

I have some still in the box.

I have RE1 Tyrant( squeeze his chest to pump blood into his plastic heart!), RE1 Chimera(Pouncing action!), RE2 Leon and RE2 Claire (Both with assorted weapons and aimable arms!), RE2 William Birkin third form (with Transformer like powers that can change him to his fourth form!), and Nemesis (With all of his cool weapons!)

If you were interested, I also have Tidus from FFX still in his box too.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: I call him.. Mini Me   I call him.. Mini Me EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:03 pm

Very nice man, I heard that the Nemesis figures were pretty rare, too. Though the
Transforming Birkin form seems to be selling for pretty cheap on the net, then again
that might be loose figures in place of the boxed.

I think he also had the same Tyrant as you have. I really hope I get the chance to
buy more from that guy. I kind of want the Hunter / Chimera set now. <,<;;;;;

If you get the chance, hell throw some pictures up for us. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I call him.. Mini Me   I call him.. Mini Me Empty

Back to top Go down

I call him.. Mini Me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: