Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Clan Recruitment Video

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikhail Victor
Soldier
Mikhail Victor

Number of posts : 105

Character Sheet
Name: Mikhail Victor
Weapons: M4A1, SIG Pro SP2009, Mk3A2 High Explosive Grenades, Combat Knife
Items: Wireless Tactical Radio, 5.56 mm NATO Magazines, 9x19mm Parabellum Magazines

Clan Recruitment Video Empty
PostSubject: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:57 am

I was thinking that maybe we need a clan recruitment video you know to get people interested in us.My friend Clusterfuck is a great video editor I see him on the weekends so maybe we could put something together.If you have any idea's about what should be in the video let me know I'll take note of them also I will only promote and or make this recruitment video if it's ok with Wesker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 5:21 am

Just so you know... I'm now the leader of Umbrella.

Wesker stepped down.

But, personally, I think a recruitment video is kind of unnecessary. We have a recruitment forum sig, and my ID card sig links directly to the clan thread. Sure, we get very little recruits nowadays, but media probably won't help. Especially a video.
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:09 am

how about an animated .gif sig as a compromise? something a little more 'eye catching' than the banner i got made up, and easily displayable without expecting people to click external links. this in anyones area of expertise?

also, on the subject of recruitment, think we should alter the level requirement due to admins XP changes? or wait and see how much XP is available from missions before doing anything....?
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:39 am

An animated gif that leads to the site would be pretty classy. Now to bring up an overused suggestion.. maybe it will find more potential with the newest leader. If you want more members, I see a new design for the website being greatest advertisement as you could spread across through DF forms that UC is getting a revamp. I'd glady give a shot at making a new website layout in a template folder do that we don't lose this one, but I think there are still a few scared to see me with power still so that barrier need be broken first. It's completely up to you Kanden, I'm just offering my help.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail Victor
Soldier
Mikhail Victor

Character Sheet
Items: Wireless Tactical Radio, 5.56 mm NATO Magazines, 9x19mm Parabellum Magazines

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:54 am

I agree with Havoc this site and wiki page for that matter is dusty it could use some cleaning.Also here's an idea in the chatbox maybe we could have picture of are avatar's by are names.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm

The chatbox is a seperate entity onto itself. Any attempt to change it will cause it to freak out, kick your ass, rape you, then keep calling to do it all again.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail Victor
Soldier
Mikhail Victor

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Ohh...that's a messed up chatbox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:05 pm

Animal Mother wrote:
how about an animated .gif sig as a compromise? something a little more 'eye catching' than the banner i got made up, and easily displayable without expecting people to click external links. this in anyones area of expertise?

also, on the subject of recruitment, think we should alter the level requirement due to admins XP changes? or wait and see how much XP is available from missions before doing anything....?

A .gif sig could work, and I know Sgt Thompson does them in the Services board on DF. For the most part, they look pretty damn fancy. Check out his thread. Only problem is that they're a wee bit expensive (the 100k each range), but there's supposed to be deals for clan buys or something. He also shows all of his work on the opening post, and since he's obviously very popular on DF, what with being a moderator twice and a member of VOID, it should get looked at a lot, which inevitably means more attention from clanless players. I'll look into it, but nothing is final right now.

In regards to our requirements, I think we ought to wait before jumping to the conclusion that it's too demanding. Admin tweaked them further and made the increases near miniscule in comparison to how they were at the update's launch. With missions coming up for GMs tomorrow, I'm don't think it should be too much of a problem, but if it turns out to be so, it's always an option.

Havoc wrote:
An animated gif that leads to the site would be pretty classy. Now to bring up an overused suggestion.. maybe it will find more potential with the newest leader. If you want more members, I see a new design for the website being greatest advertisement as you could spread across through DF forms that UC is getting a revamp. I'd glady give a shot at making a new website layout in a template folder do that we don't lose this one, but I think there are still a few scared to see me with power still so that barrier need be broken first. It's completely up to you Kanden, I'm just offering my help.

I haven't felt like we're in a desperate need for members in a long time, despite the few inactive players on the roster. But, towards an overhaul on the site, I think it would be mainly to try and get our current players onto here, rather, and less to attract new recruits. If we want to attract new recruits using the offsite, I think we'd merely have to do some tweaks and fancying up to the Guest Board and link to it in our opening thread in the Clan Discussion.

My only real problem with a new design, though, is that you have to take into consideration that our members and users of this forum don't consist exclusively of DF players, and I wouldn't want to go and put up a new design if the aggregated opinion is that it's unneeded and/or unwanted. If AM and I feel like it will help us boost activity/recruits, though, I'll definitely put up a poll and see what everyone thinks of the idea.

Mikhail Victor wrote:
I agree with Havoc this site and wiki page for that matter is dusty it could use some cleaning.Also here's an idea in the chatbox maybe we could have picture of are avatar's by are names.

Well, I won't deny that our wiki page is in desperate need of some updates. I'll be sure that's taken care of soon, but as I said above, I don't want to go and make a big change based on the feelings of a few players. Let's see how things play out over the next little while with DF.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail Victor
Soldier
Mikhail Victor

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:47 am

Thank you Kanden sir but may I ask why did Chairman Wesker step down?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:50 am

I guess he just got tired of it all? I don't blame him, he's been in charge forever.
Back to top Go down
Mikhail Victor
Soldier
Mikhail Victor

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:24 am

Kanden wrote:
I guess he just got tired of it all? I don't blame him, he's been in charge forever.
True,true I guess you got to pass the torch sometime....
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Kanden wrote:
A .gif sig could work, and I know Sgt Thompson does them in the Services board on DF. For the most part, they look pretty damn fancy. Check out his thread. Only problem is that they're a wee bit expensive (the 100k each range), but there's supposed to be deals for clan buys or something. He also shows all of his work on the opening post, and since he's obviously very popular on DF, what with being a moderator twice and a member of VOID, it should get looked at a lot, which inevitably means more attention from clanless players. I'll look into it, but nothing is final right now.

IMO $100k isnt a huge amount of cash- not even 50 credits atm- so that would be a small price to pay for a good quality sig. hell, could maybe get a few done up for different ranks and positions if he does clan rates, tho that would mean losing the ID cards we currently have, and i know a lot of us would be sad to see those go.

(on the subject of ID cards, i just got fekkin asked for proof of age by some old bint when i was buying some tobacco earlier, with the amount of facial hair i'v got atm i was quite shocked she felt the need to ask. anyway.)

Havoc wrote:

Kanden wrote:
I haven't felt like we're in a desperate need for members in a long time, despite the few inactive players on the roster. But, towards an overhaul on the site, I think it would be mainly to try and get our current players onto here, rather, and less to attract new recruits. If we want to attract new recruits using the offsite, I think we'd merely have to do some tweaks and fancying up to the Guest Board and link to it in our opening thread in the Clan Discussion.

My only real problem with a new design, though, is that you have to take into consideration that our members and users of this forum don't consist exclusively of DF players, and I wouldn't want to go and put up a new design if the aggregated opinion is that it's unneeded and/or unwanted. If AM and I feel like it will help us boost activity/recruits, though, I'll definitely put up a poll and see what everyone thinks of the idea.

if anything, i'd say (maybe) a couple of tweaks for the guest area and advertising the chatbox feature are the only things we'd need to do, i think general opinion on a new/changed site was negative when doublepain offered to make one awhile back, tho maybe that was because he was an outsider. it would be nice to see a few more of the ingame crew around, but we seem to get along fine with the DF forum for most things, so i dont think a revamp'd offsite would make much difference there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Well, looking at his sig shop a second time, the most expensive sigs are 250k each, and his discounts for buying more than one aren't all that big.

But, I'm okay with spending a little bit of money for some good sigs. The problem is how much we're going to blow on these if we get them.
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 12:26 pm

well, up to $250k i guess? wouldnt even drop clan funds below $5m Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan Recruitment Video   Clan Recruitment Video Empty

Back to top Go down

Clan Recruitment Video
Page 1 of 1