Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Umbrella's Future

Go down 
+4
Adalinda
Creeping_Shadow
W. Birkin
Warhero30
8 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 9:39 am

Anyone who has spent any amount of time on the forums as of late will notice that it's been
kind of quiet. Activity has dwindled to near zilch, and at times have gone days without a single
update on any posts. Compare the site now to how it was last year, well, its not a pretty picture.

I'm concerned you guys, I feel like the place is slowly dying around us. I gather that there's not
much we can do to make people stay, but what happened to us here? Is there anything we can
do to fix this and if so, how?
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 pm

I still visit daily if not a couple of times a day but if there's no new posts and no-one else online I don't wait around or double check before leaving. I also don't like the idea that main way to fix this would be make more posts/topics etc but then you'll just get tons of stuff that's garbage or creepy (even by our standards)
Back to top Go down

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm

I read every single post made here outside of Runescape and Anime. I also log in every 20 minutes checking for new posts. Aside from that, I think the chat is still pretty active...
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:06 pm

The place is a little in active but in hindsight, not much more than usual...

I guess you could chalk it up to a panic or anxiety attack on my part, they happen some times.

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be an alarmist. x.x
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Our founding userbase (which to this day makes up about 80% of our active membership) was comprised of a bunch of 14-17 year olds, all without a care in the world and nothing better to do. Those people are now 18-21, and have a plethora of new priorities, including but not limited to jobs, college, the military, relationships, personal betterment, and drunken debauchery.

Short story shorter; we've all got better things to do now.

Harsh reality softer; the oldfarts are busier than they used to be, so if Umbrella is to regain any of its former activity, its going to have to start advertising to a newer, younger generation of users.

Basically, we need more Kandens.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 pm

Granted.
Back to top Go down
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Swag on Deck
Swag on Deck
Untersturmführer Alvarez

Number of posts : 59

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:33 am

Kanden and I are the future of umbrella. We're going to the shitter.
Back to top Go down

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 am

I'm a rare type. Me showing up was like finding a shiny groudon.
Back to top Go down
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Swag on Deck
Swag on Deck
Untersturmführer Alvarez

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:55 am

If you get to know me I'm like kanden. On here kanden is probably like Awe in real life .-.
Back to top Go down
Creeping_Shadow
Survivor
Creeping_Shadow

Number of posts : 3

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 6:25 pm

I am still active, though most forum stuff no longer interest me. Specially since all RP died. It is also a very gruelling process to level up in DF now so I only go on when I feel like cutting through zombies with 10k 7.5 rounds for half an hour or so. I have been doing missions too but some of them are so hard haha. Like the spider blood samples! I cant loot the bastards fast enough! Insta-aggro and I never have time to loot.
Back to top Go down
Adalinda
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Adalinda

Character Sheet
Name: Crimson
Weapons: Stealing Birkins cheeseburgers.
Items: Birkins cheeseburgers

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:23 pm

Umbrella's Future De6e2579-6a23-4d41-9ca9-9882963fe309
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Trigger type-8808 wrote:
Our founding userbase (which to this day makes up about 80% of our active membership) was comprised of a bunch of 14-17 year olds, all without a care in the world and nothing better to do. Those people are now 18-21, and have a plethora of new priorities, including but not limited to jobs, college, the military, relationships, personal betterment, and drunken debauchery.

Short story shorter; we've all got better things to do now.

Harsh reality softer; the oldfarts are busier than they used to be, so if Umbrella is to regain any of its former activity, its going to have to start advertising to a newer, younger generation of users.

Basically, we need more Kandens.

Yeah...pretty much this.
Back to top Go down
Jabbawoky
Survivor
Jabbawoky

Number of posts : 30

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Eh, yeah. What the Owl said.

Its my twenty-whateverth birthday soon and I want to, all pretense aside, improve myself, learn, accumulate knowledge and better understand life as a person. That will not be achieved in accumulating imaginary bullshit on some half-baked moneytrap that masquerades as a game.

I'd rather read Lovecraft, Gogol and Melville than retarded Dead Frontier Forum cackspam. I'd rather comprehend the intricacies of Nishitani or Shestov than damage per second figures and stat resets...
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Jabbawoky wrote:
Eh, yeah. What the Owl said.

Its my twenty-whateverth birthday soon and I want to, all pretense aside, improve myself, learn, accumulate knowledge and better understand life as a person. That will not be achieved in accumulating imaginary bullshit on some half-baked moneytrap that masquerades as a game.

I'd rather read Lovecraft, Gogol and Melville than retarded Dead Frontier Forum cackspam. I'd rather comprehend the intricacies of Nishitani or Shestov than damage per second figures and stat resets...

Bingo bango, I'm reading the Catcher in the Rye myself atm. Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Jabbawoky
Survivor
Jabbawoky

Number of posts : 30

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:29 pm

The 'Catcher' synopsis sounds like a story of my life.

D:

Back to top Go down
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Swag on Deck
Swag on Deck
Untersturmführer Alvarez

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:37 am

Jabbawoky wrote:
The 'Catcher' synopsis sounds like a story of my life.

D:

By Catcher you mean AIDS and by AIDS you mean gay butt secks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Umbrella's Future Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Future   Umbrella's Future Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella's Future
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: