Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Magic The Gathering

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

Magic The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:04 pm

I figured since there wasn't one i'd make a thread for Magic the Gathering.

The first is my pride and joy that I put most of my time and will happily take apart any of my other decks in order to trade for cards to better it. It's my white/green angel deck. Using a mix of green ramping cards to quickly boost my mana to get out my strong cards and angelic walls/enchantments like pacifism to protect myself until I can use a field wipe spell followed by a small army of creatures that can rarely be stopped once they're out. Been working on it through trades with friends since a Avacyn Restored draft.

The second is a newer deck based around using Exalted. I recently brought the Sole Domination M13 Intro Deck. Since then I have been modifying it to improve upon it and while I haven't played with it much personally it's been borrowed on numerous occasions by a friend and usually wins. In 1 vs 1 it's a force to be reckoned with, in larger games where it has time to get out an army of Exalted creature it becomes unstoppable when you can swing with an unblockable creature for more than 5 a turn.

Will add more decks as I create them.

Aside from the trading card game there are also several computer games of it. I currently only have Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 on steam and while I enjoy it the lack of freedom to build decks can be a pain.

So...anyone else want to join in?

Edit: Now that I have four decks up on MTG Deck Builder i'm just going to post a link to my profile where you can find all of them. I'll soon edit in a better discription of each deck as well as modifications to each of the two I already had ups descriptions.
http://mtgdeckbuilder.net/Profile/Decks/87998

Last edited by Warhero30 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:47 pm

My current deck that I build on is a white human-only deck (and one angel that complements humans REALLY well)

Specifically, I focus on human knights, though I have quite a few clerics. I have one card that gives all of my knights +1/+1 and makes them all indestructible. I also have a lot of Captain's Calls and Gather the Townsfolk, which can quickly generate a small army of tokens. Furthermore, I have several cards whose power/toughness are equal to the number of creatures I control. Cheesy

I play Magic at my boss's house pretty much every other night. It's a great training tool for the mind.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 3:58 pm

I like your first deck, Warhero, but just as a suggestion I'd replace your 4x Angelic Wall with some Wall of Hopes for lifegain which you seem like you could use more than a flying defender.

Angels are fun though. I used to play a cleric/plague deck but I recently converted it to Angel/Plague. The flying damage stacks well with enchantment damage and I can lifelink all of it back to me.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:24 pm

I have a Sliver deck and a black deck that ended up have quite a few zombies and some vampires.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Character Sheet
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:20 am

Silver deck? What silver? There's white, black, blue, red, green and colourless. Vampires are pretty awesome, if you haven't already look into Vampire Nighthawk's, they can be a real game changer.

My angel deck has improved a fair amount in recent weeks, i'll soon update that decklist so feel free to check back on it. There'll also be more changes coming and more decks coming so keep looking :)

Trigger any chance that the angel you have is Angel of Glorys Rise?
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm

Warhero30 wrote:
Silver deck? What silver? There's white, black, blue, red, green and colourless.

All of them, and Sliver Overlord too. I've had about 25 monsters/Tokens on the field with +5/+5, Haste, Regenerate 1, and "Tap this Sliver: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." Oh, and Poisonous.

Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:34 pm

I may have read your first message wrong and read silver instead of sliver Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering EmptyThu Oct 07, 2021 8:51 pm

Yo anyone playing magic at all currently? I've gotten back into it just earlier this year after being convinced to try MTG Arena, and I have to say it's really solid from a f2p perspective. Yeah it still caters to whales like most free games, but with patience and a bit of daily grinding it's not hard to get the resources for a bomb ass deck or two.

The last three sets that have been released have all been sweet flavor wise, too. I especially enjoyed Strixhaven which had a Harry Potter esque magical colleges theme going on. I've never been big into standard as a format, but it's been a lot of fun to get into and Arena is a great way to jump in for free. If anyone has an account and ever wants to play hit me up! I've been running mono black control and sort of a dimir zombie aggro I'm still tweaking.

Here's my black control list, I made mythic rank with it last season:
https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-08-21-mono-black-control/

I haven't updated this since the new set (Innistrad, Midnight Hunt) dropped but I definitely need to. I think if I were to craft cards to make this now I'd hold off on the Liliana planeswalkers and just double down on Lolth. Liliana is bae but I feel like Lolth has just been preforming better for me in the current meta. Going all in on the sacrifice plan is probably where this deck wants to go to stay relevant. But yeah it's a nice budget deck that doesn't need too many rare / mythic wild cards to craft if you want something good to grind with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic The Gathering   Magic The Gathering Empty

Back to top Go down

Magic The Gathering
Page 1 of 1