Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

FTL - Faster Than Light

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

FTL - Faster Than Light Empty
PostSubject: FTL - Faster Than Light   FTL - Faster Than Light EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:02 pm

I know this game has been around for a while now and most of you have probably played it, but I haven't heard much discussion of it here so I thought a topic was in order. Just got this a few days ago and I've been having a blast with it. In case anyone is unfamiliar, FTL is a spaceship sim with roguelike elements including randomized maps, encounters, and permadeath. You have a good degree of customization, able to choose your ship (you start with 1 but there are many to unlock, each of which has additional layouts to unlock), name your crew, and generally upgrade and install new components as you see fit.

FTL - Faster Than Light FTL-General

So far I've only reached the last sector once and have yet to actually complete the game, but I've already unlocked some more ship types and layouts and the sense of progression there really balances out the frustration of your ship being shot to shit and your crew dying a horrible death in the depths of space leaving you starting over again at sector one.

Anyway, it's only like $10 on steam and there's a new update to be released soon which will include a new alien species and new ship designs. I really recommend checking it out if you haven't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FTL - Faster Than Light   FTL - Faster Than Light EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:52 pm

this game is fantastic. I'm not actually sure that I've beaten it once on the regular difficulty though. I normally use the Mantis B, Engi A or Stealth A ships.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: FTL - Faster Than Light   FTL - Faster Than Light EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 12:18 am

I looked at this with much want in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FTL - Faster Than Light   FTL - Faster Than Light Empty

Back to top Go down

FTL - Faster Than Light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Game Centre :: Games Room-
Jump to: