Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. Empty
PostSubject: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyFri Apr 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Gentlemen, since we've all begun our conquest in Universe Quantum under the flag of the ParaSOL Conglomerate, I wanted there to be a thread, to receive the advice-vomit that I have, as well as some tips for rookies by more experienced rookies. It's much easier for me to show you my databanks (L-lewd, Wesker-senpai...) via a thread than it is in the Chatbox, so perhaps you can come away having found some direction in your Ogame experience.

We have interface basics thus far, any other questions may prompt me to write on a more advanced topic, but for now, this will do.

User Interface Basics:

-
-
-

Cold War with kristen - Results

As of October 7th, 12:41PM CST, Kristen was destroyed by powers greater than our own.

Hothead/Quiet Riot is in a position to inherit her account, but he does not want to. Kristen has just under 9,000 ships left. Fire at will if you don't want to have made your fleet for nothing!

I'm proud of us all the same, though. We knew we could take her & gave it our all, and in doing so we jumped a considerable number of ranks & grew tighter as a unit. It was valuable experience, especially for myself, who has never needed to coordinate his own fleet for the purpose of such a war. This was a successful (if unsatisfying) conclusion, and we're stronger for the attempt we made at talking back with lasers.

One of our players, Oddly, had done a great service to the cause! The equivalent of drawing a dick visible from orbit on lunar soil, and we recognize his unique sense of humor here!

Spoiler:

All's fair in war, space, and war in space! Don't take that too seriously, the mods can absolutely barbecue your ass in molasses for whatever.

Soldier on, soldiers!

Last edited by Slothra on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:48 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 am

Yes yes, this is a fine thread to have.  Ogame is a surprisingly vast experience, but everything follows a certain logic.  Remember Pinocchio, always let your tech tree be your guide!

Also, the Ogame wiki is very useful, if outdated in certain parts: http://ogame.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Metal: 62.292 Crystal: 36.730
Deuterium: 23.887 Energy: 2.687
Activity
Your espionage does not show abnormalities in the atmosphere of the planet. There appears to have been no activity on the planet within the last hour.
fleets
Small Cargo 11 Large Cargo 6
Heavy Fighter 2 Colony Ship 1
Recycler 1 Espionage Probe 6
Solar Satellite 11
Defense
Rocket Launcher 47 Light Laser 32
Building
Metal Mine 16 Crystal Mine 17
Deuterium Synthesizer 13 Solar Plant 19
Robotics Factory 7 Shipyard 7
Metal Storage 5 Crystal Storage 6
Deuterium Tank 3 Research Lab 6
Missile Silo 1
Research
Espionage Technology 4 Computer Technology 4
Weapons Technology 3 Shielding Technology 2
Armor Technology 3 Energy Technology 5
Combustion Drive 6 Impulse Drive 4
Laser Technology 4 Astrophysics 4
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Whuh?! Not sure how I missed this post. I'm guessing this was the player who crushed your raid, eh? That's a lot of light lasers to deal with without a buttload of light fighters, or preferably a couple bombers to soften them up. Actually, a couple bombers would solve this problem outright. Cheesy

You'll love bombers, once you have them unlocked. They cut through defenses like butter, particularly the fodder units. Really upgrades your raiding potential. I tend to unlock them before even battleships.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:37 am

I thought posting the records of my ancient & advanced race of Two Toed Slothians, the precursors to the modern Three Toed Slothians, would help you guys understand what NOT to do.

It's going to be quite some time until you get to this level, but it helps to know that if you keep at it, you'll get here. Might as well learn from my mistakes.

--Pre-Rape "Glory Days"--

Defenses:

RL: 14,500
LL: 24,000
HL: 300
Gauss: 385
IC: 320
PT: 450
Both shields, 50 ABMs.

BattleFleet:
LF: 6,250
HF: 5
Cruisers: 150
BS: 235
BC: 520
Bomber: 440
Dest: 160
RIPs: 0

Support Fleet:
Sm.C: 1000
Lrg.C: 370
Colony Ship: 0
Recycler: 330
Esp. Probes: 435
Solar Sat: 260

Besides the fact that I was inactive with a small (For the universe) sitting fleet, I must have had tens of millions of sitting res. This was a profitable attack, I recall tens of thousands of Battlecruisers and almost 10 thousand Destroyers. I relied too heavily on Light Lasers, thinking bombers were my only issue, but Destroyers, for however rare they are, will wipe them up, and they did. The message here is a BALANCED & EFFECTIVE DEFENSE, without heavy focus on one specific unit outside of their role.

When the Slothian Apocalypse occurred, this equated to a loss of 317,590,000 units of resources. I was far too confident in my defenses, a lot of fodder and many large guns. The lesson here is that versatile firepower (Gauss Cannons) and shielding cover (Ion Cannons) is just as important as any other part of an effective defense! Every unit contributes!

Spammable units are Rocket Launchers & Light Lasers, as well as Gauss Cannons and Ion Cannons whenever possible. Turtles should focus on all 4, disregarding fleet almost entirely.

UNIT CONTRIBUTION BREAKDOWN TIME!

• Rocket Launchers are your basic fodder, and should be built whenever possible.
  • Light Lasers are your intermediate fodder, acting as a buffer against increasingly common ships with rapid fire against Rocket Launchers.
  • Heavy Lasers can take out a light fighter in one shot, and are good en masse. Their high structural integrity helps absorb blasts from IPMs, guarding other units that are more versatile in function.
  • Ion Cannons are absolutely necessary. They are the second, more versatile buffer for the survival of your bigger guns, and it is the goal of most other units to keep your larger guns firing for as long as possible.
  • Gauss Cannons should be made whenever possible, and as many as possible. A good turtle's mainstay in a wall of thousands & thousands of GC opening up, tearing the enemy fleet into pieces. Their cost-effectiveness for their power, armor and shielding make them considerably more important than Plasma Turrets as a common defense.
  • Plasma Turrets are up to your situation in the universe you're in. It's a judgement call. When RIPs become prevalent, I would recommend having 105 or more.

--Post-rape "Reformation"--

RL: 22,000
LL: 21,000
HL: 1,500
IC: 1,000
Gauss: 1,025
PT: 280
Both Shields, 50 ABMs

For Battle:
LF: 2,500
Cruisers: 105
BS: 0
Battlecruisers: 50
Bombers: 15
Dest: 30
RIPs: 7

Support Craft:
Sm.C: 2
Lrg.C: 460
Recyclers: 90
Esp. Probes: 120

You can see how I've changed, with more Gauss Cannons, less Plasma Turrets, appropriate shield cover from Ion Cannons, a buffer of Heavy Lasers against any successful IPM attacks and a number of RL/LL that is closer to each other, so that one unit having rapid fire against one wouldn't be too destructive. My fleet is far more appropriate for a turtle, with the defensive but extraordinarily powerful and slow (for fleetsaving) RIP focus, instead of massing tiny ships.

Don't count on not seeing a kind of ship. Your enemy will make the appropriate tool to crush you with if it's not in his arsenal currently.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 10:47 am

Oh god, the humanity... humanity... Hugh Manatee.

*ahem* your post-reform numbers are basically what I aspire to on Universe 1. Cut those figures down to 10%, and I'd say it's a fine starter goal for Quantum as well. I've almost got my fodder where I want it to be. Next comes the mighty Gauss Cannon, of which I currently have a few, though not enough to be a considerable detriment to anyone with beacoup bombers.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Here it is, my gift to you!  Compiled below is the complete set of technical data for every combat ship and defense structure in OGame, so you can easily compare and commit them to memory without opening 20 different pages.  Civilian ships have been excluded for brevity, since they're less important to memorize.  Missiles have also been excluded, since they don't participate in traditional combat.

The information below assumes that all combat techs are at 0.  Every level in each tech increases effectiveness by 10%, so at level 10 combat tech, the values for Hull, Shield, and Damage are double the base value provided.   Now let's get started!

COMBAT FLEET

- Light Fighter

Hull Integrity : 4,000
Shield Integrity : 10
Weapon Damage : 50
Travel Speed : 12,500
Cargo Space : 50
Fuel Use : 20

Rapidfire Against : Probes (5) Satellites (5)

Rapidfire From : Cruisers (6) Deathstars (200)

- Heavy Fighter

Hull : 10,000
Shield : 25
Damage : 150
Speed : 10,000
Cargo : 100
Fuel Use : 75

RF Against : Probes (5) Satellites (5) Small Cargoes (3)

RF From : Battlecruisers (4) Deathstars (100)

- Cruiser

Hull : 27,000
Shield : 50
Damage : 400
Speed : 15,000
Cargo : 800
Fuel Use : 300

RF Against : Probes (5) Satellites (5) Light Fighters (6) Rocket Launchers (10)

RF From : Battlecruisers (4) Deathstars (33)

- Battleship

Hull : 60,000
Shield : 200
Damage : 1,000
Cargo : 1,500
Fuel Use : 500

RF Against : Probes (5) Satellites (5)

RF From : Battlecruisers (7) Deathstars (30)

- Battlecruiser

Hull : 70,000
Shield : 400
Damage : 700
Cargo : 750
Fuel Use : 250

RF Against : Probes (5) Satellites (5) Small Cargoes (3) Large Cargoes (3) Heavy Fighters (4) Cruisers (4) Battleships (7)

RF From : Destroyers (2) Deathstars (15)

- Bomber

Hull : 75,000
Shield : 500
Damage : 1,000
Speed : 4,000 (Upgrades to 5,000 at Hyperdrive 8)
Cargo : 500
Fuel Use : 1,000

RF Against : Probes (5) Satellites (5) Rocket Launchers (20) Light Lasers (20) Heavy Lasers (10) Ion Cannons (10)

RF From : Deathstars (25)

- Destroyer

Hull : 110,000
Damage : 2,000
Speed : 5,000
Cargo : 2,000
Fuel Use : 1,000

RF Against : Probes (5) Satellites (5) Light Lasers (10) Battlecruisers (2)

RF From : Deathstars (5)

- Deathstar

Hull : 9,000,000
Shield : 50,000
Damage : 200,000
Speed : 100
Cargo : 1,000,000
Fuel Use : 1

RF Against : Probes (1,250) Satellites (1,250) Small Cargoes (250) Large Cargoes (250) Light Fighters (200) Heavy Fighters (100) Cruisers (33) Battleships (30) Colony Ships (250) Recyclers (250) Bombers (25) Destroyers (5) Battlecruisers (15) Rocket Launchers (200) Light Lasers (200) Heavy Lasers (100) Ion Cannons (100) Gauss Cannons (50)

RF From : Nothing

PLANETARY DEFENSES

- Rocket Launcher

Hull : 2,000
Shield : 20
Damage : 80

RF Against : No planetary defenses have Rapidfire against anything.

RF From : Cruisers (10) Bombers (20) Deathstars (200)

- Light Laser

Hull : 2,000
Shield : 25
Damage : 100

RF From : Destroyers (10) Bombers (20) Deathstars (200)

- Heavy Laser

Hull : 8,000
Shield : 100
Damage : 250

RF From : Bombers (10) Deathstars (100)

- Gauss Cannon

Hull : 35,000
Shield : 200
Damage : 1,100

RF From : Deathstars (50)

- Ion Cannon

Hull : 8,000
Damage : 150

RF From : Bombers (10) Deathstars (100)

- Plasma Turret

Hull : 100,000
Shield : 300
Damage : 3,000

- Small Shield Dome

Hull : 20,000
Shield : 2,000

- Large Shield Dome

Hull : 100,000
Shield : 10,000

Learn it.  Live it.  Love it.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 am

Im getting annhilated,

genius from hexagon [1:102:8] vs Sleepysrh from Anundo [1:102:10]

A_Shadow from Talon [2:496:4] vs Sleepysrh from Sekigahara [2:484:7]

LordPhoenix from Azezzel [1:113:13] vs Sleepysrh from Anundo [1:102:10]

Constant ransacking of all my resources
cant defend myself
send help, or cookies....preferably the cookies
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:46 am

This reminded me that I'd been neglecting Ogame, I found out that my Uni1 homeworld got crashed by 22,222 Destroyers.

Lost units: 413.010.000
debris field: 34.635.000 metal and 23.487.000 crystal.

In this game, I'm temperance incarnate and can rebuild, but I'm disappointed in myself for keeping a fleet I knew I couldn't manage. That's all that did me in.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:39 pm

whats "fleet crashed" mean
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 5:34 pm

My entire fleet was destroyed by an enemy.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 1:58 am

We're all amassing fleets, even me, hopefully we'll soon be smashing A_Shadow to bits.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:32 am

im offically dead on the game. i tried a few times to rebuild but im basically floating resourses at this point
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Sorry to hear that, DEK. It's not a game for everybody, though, and I know you're quite busy offline with work & those things. Thanks for trying it!
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Hostilities are open on Kristen - Skirmish. Take what you can, but be safe!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.   Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ogame Central - Statistics, Tips, Etc.
Page 1 of 1