Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Obduro Fatum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Obduro Fatum Empty
PostSubject: Obduro Fatum   Obduro Fatum EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:46 pm

"Barkeep..." I said pleasantly, as I took a seat at the bar, "Have you any ale for a thirsty traveler?"

"Aye... If ye've got the coin t'buy it with..." He responded, looking me over in a distrusting fashion. But that was to be expected; Folks never trusted strangers in the township of Gelgarta. After flashing a bit of silver at the man, I took out my woodharp as the barkeep set about procuring my cups.

Glad to see that the rain had done it no damage, I happily plucked a cheerful note out of the instrument. Unfortunately, my attempt to brighten the dank bar with music was met with half a dozen irate noises, and suggestions as to which orifice I could stick my harp.

A - Put the harp away, and wait for your drinks.
B - Respond with a prompt, "Up yours, assholes!" to the naysayers in the room.
C - Play "The Dance of Dorcas Dane."
D - Just leave the bar before any trouble can start.

Obduro Fatum 00110
Back to top Go down

Obduro Fatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obduro Fatum   Obduro Fatum EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:53 pm

--> Option A -->

"My apologies," I grumbled, quickly tucking my woodharp away. It seemed as though the bar would simply have to make due with melancholy, rather than music.

"Ale, as fresh as it gets." the bartender growled, slamming down a grimy bottle and a half-washed tankard before me. Grimacing at the questionable containers, I begrudgingly paid the man. "So wha're ye doing round these parts?" The barkeep asked as he popped the top and poured my first drink, "There's naught here for the likes o' a bard."

"Aye," I said by way of agreement as I grabbed the newly-filled container and took a shallow quaff, "Might be I'm not here for anything at all."

To that, the bartender had only an unamused grunt to respond with.

Chuckling lightly to myself for no particular reason, I indulged in a much deeper helping of ale. Suddenly, the doors slammed open in a wet fury as at least a dozen men, all soaked from the storm outside, stormed into the bar and gathered noisily at the counter. "Rum! Ale! Whiskey!" They shouted in unison, as I peered around in an attempt to catch a glimpse of some sort of badge or emblem or coat of arms. Anything so that I might identify the raucous, potentially dangerous strangers that surrounded me.

However, they bore no visible arms nor armor, and their cloaks hid any markers that may have existed on their clothing. Telling bawdy japes and filling the room with laughter, I quickly discerned that these men meant no trouble. Suddenly, my ale went flying off of the counter as a man lost his footing, toppling onto the tabletop.

A - Get up and leave before you suffer any further losses to these buffoons.
B - Inform the man that he is a doddering fuck, and that you will be wanting compensation.
C - Punch him in his stupid face.
D - Sigh and order another drink.

Obduro Fatum 00110
Back to top Go down

Obduro Fatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obduro Fatum   Obduro Fatum EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:25 pm

--> Option B -->

"Oi, you doddering fuck! That cost me two silvers!" I verbally lashed out at the the wet, bearded fellow that slew my ale.

The man seemed positively surprised that his mindless clumsiness had actually produced negative results. "Oh!" He said after noticing the pool of liquid that surrounded the broken cup at his feet.

"Hrmm... Let me see if I have something for you." The main said, reaching into his cloak for what I hoped would be a coin purse. Instead, he produced a twisted dirk.

"What is it you called me, bard? Some sort of fuck?" He growled, spittle spraying about his beard. He tossed the blade from one hand to another as his friends gathered around us, like people do at some sort of schoolyard brawl.

"Gut the little rat, Gerris!" One man shouted. "Teach him some manners!" Yelled another. At that moment, the bartender spat and quickly fled out of the back entrance. I could only hope that he was off to alert the town watch.

Quickly scanning the room, I realized that my situation was grim. Not only did I have no weapon, but the only two exits were completely blocked off. "Shit..." I muttered under my breath, cursing my sharp tongue.

As the crowd roiled and broiled, for a moment I meant to give peaceful negotiations a chance. But that notion was tossed to the wind as Gerris charged at me, his sinister knife flashing in the lamplight.

A - Defend (Lower incoming damage. Increases other chances.)
B - Evade (50% chance. Avoid all damage this turn. Increases other chances.)
C - Counter (20% chance. Avoid enemy damage and deal the foe medium damage.)
D - Disarm (15% chance. Take the foe's weapon.)
E - Wary Strike (Kick) (75% chance. Deal the foe low damage.)
F - Fierce Strike (Haymaker) (25% chance. Deal the foe high damage.)
G - Contextual Execution (Skullcracker) (5% chance) (Kill the foe instantly.)
H - Contextual Weapon (Chair) (40% chance. Stun and medium damage.)
I - Contextual Weapon (Bottle) (60% chance. Stun and low damage.)
J - Bail (5% chance. Escape combat operations.)
K - Entreat (Persuasion) (10% chance. Talk your way out of combat operations.)
L - Entreat (Gold) (25% chance. Buy your way out of combat operations.)
M - Entreat (Threaten) (5% chance. Threaten your way out of combat operations.)
N - Make a Deal With God (0% chance)
O - Invoke (0% chance)

Obduro Fatum 00110
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

Obduro Fatum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obduro Fatum   Obduro Fatum EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:10 pm

h
Back to top Go down