Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier

Go down 
+3
Uvana
W. Birkin
Demon Eyes Kyo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier Empty
PostSubject: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:11 am

I made this story months ago when i joined umbrella to give something for us to put on on front page, sadly it was never used but i share it with you all now

The Umbrella Corperation... For years they were reveared as maricle workers, always on the forefront of newly created medicines and technologies. That was until the Raccoon City Outbreak of the T-Virus. Struggling to rebuild their image they tried everything from charity events, to free vaccinations. It was a hopeless campaign and soon their top competitor, Secronom, took hold of world control in 2014 as mankinds "new hope" for a better world. Then Secronom repeated Umbrella's past mistakes in 2016...

Trying to cure a disease that even Umbrella had failed to cure, Cancer, they created Nerotonin-2. However it could not cure the disease fully, but had amazing healing purposes overall. Once they began work on Nerotonin-3 they found it was missing something to be fully effective. Some of Secronom's scientist were former workers of Umbrella's Reaserch Division and few had even worked on the famous and terrifying T-Virus...

Secronom decided that maybe with a pure sample of the T-Virus they could combine it with Nerotonin-3 to make the vaccine perfect. Lauching a raid on one of Umbrella's labortories they secured a sample of the T-Virus, and began work on Nerotonin-4. Once word caught of the stolen virus, Umbrella immediatly set forth their best agent,Wesker, to reclaim it before the unthinkable occured. However before Wesker tracked the stolen virus to Secronom's Fairview City Laboritory, they had already began human testing...

After the Outbreak it was obvious to Umbrella, that the T-Virus had been responsible for the zombification that occured with N-4. However unlike the T-Virus, N-4 did not have a 100% Fatality rating. Somehow N-3 had given some survivors an immunity to the disease. Nevertheless Umbrella knew if there was anyone who could stop Secronom's newest creation, and save what few survivors were left, it was them...

They Immediatly dispatched the Umbrella Biocontainment Countermeasure Service, or UBCS, to Wesker in Fairview City to help stop this new creation. Wesker along with Dr.Birkin of the Research Division, and Demon Eyes Kyo, commanding officer of the UBCS, set up base in Fairview City.

Working around the clock Umbrella is trying to create a vaccine, and save the survivors from this new nightmare. Secronom have refused them for aid in finding a cure, claiming to have no knowledge of the "T-Virus." Umbrella now has a chance to rebuild their forgotten fame in this hell of a world. Already many of the citizens have gathered with Wesker and Umbrella in Fairview to be a part of the solution. Only by finding the cure to N-4 before Secronom, will Umbrella be restored to its former Glory.

Last edited by Demon Eyes Kyo on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:14 pm

It's been a while since I read this, however my views on it remain the same.

The story is a nice read, but it inadvertently makes Umbrella out to be something it isn't:
Good. Even if our clan's alignment wasn't evil, the company in the game series was the
worst that society had to offer. Even if they were brilliant.

Umbrella never had to save face after the Raccoon Incident because it was never implied
that they had anything to do with the outbreak, not until the company dissolution in 2003,
and even then it did nothing to stop Umbrella's activities. I won't give spoilers for those
who haven't played Umbrella Chronicles, so I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:39 pm

D: I'm too poor to afford a Wii/Umbrella Chronicles. (It is on the wii, right?)

Use spoiler tags for spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 pm

I don't see any spoliers o.o

There's only two problems...

1) As said, it makes Umbrella appear good.
2) Wesker is the latest of many leaders. I just thought some kinda mention of Pest woulda been better. XD
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 11:50 pm

Yea, Umbrella Chronicles is on the Wii, and I dunno how to use spoiler tags. D:
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 12:40 am

Spoiler:

Code:
[spoiler]test[/spoiler]
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 am

Woo~
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 2:04 pm

You suck at coding.

*goes to edit Imp's post*
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:25 am

it s was srictly to make umbrella implement into DF. however i never played umbrella chronicles and l'll try to implement umbrellas as darkest into DF as possible
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:55 am

I gotta go with birkin on this one. Great way of tying it into DF, but we represent a company that historically is full of horribly evil cunts who only care about the bottom line.
Back to top Go down
Snowie
Survivor
Snowie

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 9:29 am

not a cult they try to make human live eternity and they fail badly that the visus attacked people become zombies
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Cunts. not cults. Cultists are an entirely different thing. I was using 'cunt' as a gauge for exactly how evil we are. For the purposes of this conversation, 'cunt' simply means 'really really mean.' I personally do not recommend using google to find a more in-depth explanation of the word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier   Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Enters Dead Frontier
Page 1 of 1