Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG Empty
PostSubject: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 pm

QUICK NOTE: If having this many pictures is against the rules, let me know and I will remove them right away.

Well, I saw that someone on these forums was looking for someone to make a Garry's Mod comic for Dead Frontier. It was supposed to be bird's eye view, and it was supposed to be awesome. Well, I attempted, and mine succeeded in being none of those things. Here, I will tell the story of my comic's demise.

I started off well, and I had found a nice section of a map called "Big City" that looked similar to a Dead Frontier street, and after struggling with visibility and contrast, I set up shop, with red lines marking the boundaries of the camera view, a camera up in the sky (a little too far up, in hindsight) and started throwing junk strategically around the street, to resemble the streets of Dead Frontier. I placed Charple ragdolls for those lootable bodies, and finally, after many failures at trying to find a good stand-in for the red long arm, I set up some red-tinged berserkers to show normal red zombies. I set my hero up with an M249, and took a picture.
Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 9h2p9t

Yeah! Off to a good start! We don’t have a story, or a quality picture, but who gives a shit?

Next, I tested out some emitter effects, to see which ones best simulated blood besides the actual blood effect. The strider blood was funny, So I put one down and tried it out. This shows our hero shooting a red zombie.
Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 23rjqjt

But here is where the trouble really sets in. I realize that I didn’t plan this out at all, then I became frustrated, so instead of finishing this, I got a little carried away with screwing around, namely putting 15 emitters of blood instead of one.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 2qu4pyv

LOLZ, RITE? WRONG. The comic, at this point, was not priority. Having fun was. So I tried to imagine what the new update would be like, and the scene turned to poo as multitudes of clone soldiers stormed the T-intersection, and masses of zombies followed.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG Ejiv0m

The actual update will be much cooler than that. Any who, I became bored, and spawned a strider and twenty battle droids.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 4uw3d4

Following the epic battle that ensued (Strider > Droids), I became enraged at a stray object that hit me, so I went off to a very bright area, and built a car with a fuel tanker roped to it.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG Mae5i9

I transported the tanker to the scene, then threw it up in the air.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG V7bekw
Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 2gucpeb

I decided that that minor explosion wouldn’t be enough, so I flew backward, and nuked the place with a nuclear rocket launcher.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG Jv1w0w
Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 2a8s1hi

After that, I returned to the scene, only to find that half of the zombies were still standing. I was pissed, so I Spartan kicked a zombie.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG Zvqzhh
Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 29qfngk
Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG Aoaxon
Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 2mxh5yo

Finally, I turned into a gnome.

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG 3502t1d

And that was the story. I hope that you enjoyed this failure.

Also, as a final note, I do realize that some of the pictures are broken. I will fix those in a while.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 pm

...BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was fucking amazing.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 pm

o-o;;;
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:19 pm

What program or whatever is this? It is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:41 pm

It's a Half-Life 2 modification called "Garry's Mod". You can get the ghetto GMOD V.9 for free, or buy the good one for a one time fee of $10.00 off of Steam. It has online play, single play, and a multitude of other miscellaneous features. It is also moddable (a moddable mod, go figure) to allow an endless amount of user content. See that pistol I have? A player made it and uploaded it in a weapon pack. See my gloves? Player made/modded, too. Nuke is also, Berserker is also, and the tanker is also. The gnome weapon is also in a weapon pack. In my honest opinion, it's the best $10 I ever have spent.

Oh, P.S. I have one more failure to showcase in this thread. I tried to make an uber zombie chase through the city streets, this time on video! I set up this whole cool scenario: I set up a rough survivor base, set the zombies to come attack, set up a city full of zombies, and finally a rescue team in the center that I was supposed to reach. Well, I forgot to make myself invisible, and so, I was owned by the zombies repeatedly. I will upload the video as soon as youtube stops processing it.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Bahaha, I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Any minute now. Jesus, this takes a long time.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:25 pm

Eh, on second thought, the video is pretty boring. I guess you could get a laugh or two out of it, but it isn't anything special. Don't expect anything amazing from this, except for the amazingly bad accuracy of my punches. Yes it does occasionally stutter, and loop, but that is because my computer is so awesome, it's actually making you wait to see the next part, to increase suspense. I do use the Gnomotron at one point however, so I'm sure that you will all like that. Enjoy this shitty, salty blood-fart of a movie.

One last thing, you should use that quality option near the bottom right and change it to 480P. It helps a lot.

Well, here it be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWzlVJQvfuU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG   Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Frontier Comic by Moose?!? ZOMG
Page 1 of 1