Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

What would be the best area for me to loot . . .

Go down 
+3
Claude01
W. Birkin
Moose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

What would be the best area for me to loot . . . Empty
PostSubject: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:35 pm

What would be the best area for me to loot either a Dragunov or a VSS Vintorez? I know there's no specific spot, or any place that will give them out regularly, but from your experience, where should I go? There's no way in hell I'll be able to afford either one on my own, so I could use some of your looting knowledge. Thanks to anyone who replies.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:44 pm

The VSS VIntorez, like all level 100 weapons, require you to look for them in the GLA zone,
that being the upper or lower right corners of the map. As for the Dragonouv? I'm not sure.
Probably Fat Red/Longarms.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Okay, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:52 pm

if you get an extra dragunov

can you give it to me?

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz What would be the best area for me to loot . . . 814427
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm

It's probably best to go into looting with the mindset that you 'aren't' going to get what you want. You probably won't get a good item for weeks. you'll 'eventually' get good stuff, and you increase your odds by killing and looting GLAs or green fatties. I've been looting DR for a few weeks now, and i've had good and bad runs, but the best thing i've gotten is a clean xt800.

I still made about 100k a week when I looted hardcore though, so there's that.

tl;dr: loot the GLAZ. loot it all day. run in, fill your inventory, cade, empty your inventory, repeat. You 'might' pick up something great. If you have the firepower and moxy, take down a GLA or two and they'll have pretty good stuff usually.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm

Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
moxy

You sir, just gained an awesome-point.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 pm

It's rare you can use a quality word like 'moxy' in a sentence.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:59 pm

i prefer the SE. the prices down there are brutal, there is no established economy, cading supplies go for 1.5k a piece. i love that place. <3
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:13 pm

It's a matter of preference really. Though if you fill your selling list with cading supplies at 800 or so, you can make a good side profit if you are a slow looter or die a lot.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Imp wrote:
i prefer the SE. the prices down there are brutal, there is no established economy, cading supplies go for 1.5k a piece. i love that place. <3

I hate SE. Honestly, it should be made harder than NE, and slightly better loot rate. Then I'd go there.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 am

since most experienced looters go to NE, SE has uber high prices. atm, the only two n2 for sale are at 10k each by the same person. the highest level engy is level 35, for 1.5k, and i dont think we have any chefs. its brutal. and i love it.
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 am

I'm learning!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would be the best area for me to loot . . .   What would be the best area for me to loot . . . Empty

Back to top Go down

What would be the best area for me to loot . . .
Page 1 of 1