Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Best Game Cinematics?

Go down 
+4
Trig
Moose
Buckaroo Banzai
Wesker
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Dude, Fatality, I am not still mad about how enemies take a huge amount of damage. A simple download of a trainer solved that problem. And visuals do matter. They're one of the core elements of a game. They're one of the two main senses that games appeal to. Taking out great visuals, which are somewhat expected today, would make many games suck. Imagine if STALKER was an over-the-top view, black and white, pixelated stick person shooter. I'm sure you'd definitely be turned off by the game. Visuals do matter. On a different note, how does the Strelok story appeal to you at all? Can it even be considered a full story? You're a man with very little background tossed into the zone. Yeah, you find out that you were part of a STALKER group earlier. OMG SO MUCH DEPTH! The zone has a great history and is ripe with little tidbits and stories, but Strelok just isn't a well developed character, is boring, and is nearly impossible to develop a caring for over the course of two games.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:43 pm

That's one of two things that bothered me about the game...

1) No real relatable character. Very bland.
2) Exploring gives you little to no actual reward.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Both points are very true. Once you acquire a somewhat decent weapon and one or two artifacts, exploration is very unrewarding. You find all of the ammo, weapons, and money you need on bandits or in a shop, and often times, the smallest rewards to be gained from exploration are either too dangerous to be worthwhile, or just a pain in the ass to reach, therefore making exploration an unlikable and useless part of the game. I already talked about the character thing,
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 pm

If they were to fix those two points, it'd probably get a lot more fans and credit.

The rest of the game is pretty much sound, but yeah.

I want a really good post apocalyptic game, with no real huge storyline, and instead, it being basically simulating an MMO kind of experience... especially if it were a zombie game...

And not linear. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:31 pm

Well hopefully, the full release of Dead Frontier will satiate your zombie/MMO appetite. Until then, I guess we'll deal with stuff like Metro 2033 and the like.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 pm

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:56 pm

Links, Pest.

We need a Youtube link example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

You forget that he has dial up. Can't link to youtube.

The battle between Akatosh and Methrunes Dagon is neat.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 pm

I agree, but that game doesn't have many cinematics to choose from. Most of it's story is told in game, through dialogue and awesomeness. (One of the best games ever created).
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 12:07 am

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

Pretty much everyone I show that too, overall agrees it's one of the best cinematics evar.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:58 pm

reminded me of lord of the rings for some weird reason. Half expected to see a freaky eye thing on the huge castlemajigger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Game Cinematics?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2