Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Best Game Cinematics?

Go down 
+4
Trig
Moose
Buckaroo Banzai
Wesker
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

Best Game Cinematics? Empty
PostSubject: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I was wondering what people thought for which game (series) has the best "movie" visuals, not gameplay graphics, but that little extra the developers put into their game's movies/cutscenes.

Need games to nominated first. 1 nomination per member. You need to have at least 2-4 videos to be able to go with the game to get in the poll.

I submit the armoed core series. Their intro movies are so AMAZING that if they made a full 2 hou movies with these graphics it would definitly get nominated to some award show. Although its IMPOSSIBLE to find a good youtube video that shows the graphics. These videos prolly only show 40% of the details that watching them from the actual game display.

Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm

I wouldn't be able to decide.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:43 pm

I would see your Armored Core and raise you a MGS.

Other fantastic cinematics:
Final Fantasy series. (From 7 and up, since before that there really wasn't the horsepower to do it.)

can I include the Quantic Dream games as a series? Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain are basically choose your own adventure movies.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:51 pm

MGS? I raise you a COD: Modern Warfare 2.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:00 pm

the acutal locked-in cinematics were few and far between for MW2. I'll admit there was plenty to show and tell in the game though. I'll give that one to you, but only because of the 'No Russian' mission. Craziest shit I've ever done in a video game? Probably not, but damned if I wasn't entertained.

Also,
MGS = Metal Gear Solid
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 pm

I know what it means, I used the question mark as an 'Oh Really? You think that was good?' kind of way.

The only good MGS was the 3rd, and it was simply beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm

I thought we were talking cinematics yeah? as far as epic cinematics, you really can't get any better than MGS.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 pm

wow thats all fine and great but no videos means it's not getting put into the poll so youtube it up.

Wesker i can guess where your votes gonna be Tongue
Though i have to disagree with "which" AC game has the best intro. I personally dont own a PS3 nor will i in the next year, but i bet the graphics are awesome, but personally Last Raven i think was my favorite you get a real sense of them being picked off one at a time. It's either that or the AC3. You think the red Ravens are gonna win but, what i'm assuming, the Controller AC's end up taking them out.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Best Game Cinematics?   Best Game Cinematics? EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 12:46 pm

i vote stalker