Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Game of Thrones

Go down 
+2
Peng
Synyster Gates
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Those who like the Song of Ice and Fire series and will be pleased to know that the show's first episode aired on HBO last sunday.

I don't have HBO, so someone who does will have to tell me how it was.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:48 pm

Look up one of the millions of videos that've been uploaded to various media sites. D:<

And it was epic. I creamed my pants thrice.
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

Number of posts : 34

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:16 am

yeah i grabbed a torrent of it, i thought it was pretty good too.

Sir Sean of Bean decapitating someone in the first episode is a good sign IMO.

speaking of ye olde englande/mythical kingdoms and such, anyone caught any of Camelot? i spotted that on eztv awhile ago, mainly as someone compared it to Spartacus, tho probably more for the amount of bared skin therein than terrible violence thus far...
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:32 pm

Might just watch this.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:08 pm

I am happy.

I read the first book nearly four years ago (so my memory is a little fuzzy), but I've yet to encounter any significant incongruencies. I hope they keep it up. Honestly though, I've no idea how they can hope to encompass every relevant bit of information in ten episodes without skipping around heavily, or editing shit for convenience. I mean, each book is a thousand pages, told from seven or eight different points of view.

Also, I am very pleased with most of the casting, ESPECIALLY Tyrion. I am so pleased they did the little guy justice.

However, I do not approve of Eddard being cast as the same guy who played Boromir. I always imagined him as more of an Aragorn. But with a considerable beard.
Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:09 pm

I might watch it. I have a bit of a crush on Sean Bean since he was in Silent Hill.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 4:33 pm

Guest wrote:
I might watch it. I have a bit of a crush on Sean Bean since he was in Silent Hill.

Holy shit, I never knew this.
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

Number of posts : 34

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Sean Bean was in Silent Hill? i didnt know that either. i always think of him as Sharpe, which makes me lol every time i see him in something that isnt Sharpe.

i also didnt know Game of Thrones was based on a book, i might have to investigate.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 6:49 pm

Ya, Tyrion is already my favorite character in the show. Sansa's actress does a great job of pulling off the "snobby bitch" that is Sansa. Also, I really like the armor and the weapons.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Alright, I am now re-reading the first book with the show, and will post angrily as new episodes come out.

All in all, Episode one's changes are minimal. However, it puzzles me why they would change the things they did indeed change.

PREFACE

Spoiler:

IN THE SHOW

Spoiler:

IN THE BOOK

Spoiler:

DIFFERENCES

Spoiler:

MY OPINION

Spoiler:

I haven't finished Daenery's chapter yet, so I don't know how they differ. I should have waited before posting this, but I could not contain myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game of Thrones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones   Game of Thrones Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones
Page 1 of 1