Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Death

Go down 
+2
Demon Eyes Kyo
W. Birkin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Death Empty
PostSubject: Death   Death EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:23 pm

I swear to GAWD that if I here one more suggestion about nerfing the death penalty, I'm going to
start a fucking petition to get the old death penalty back.

Adminpwn gives in to the lamenting cries that the game is too hard, and nerfs the death penalty.
He shortened the maximum spawn time to 3 to 5 minutes. Made it so you really have no penalty
what so ever until you reach level 10, and STILL these pathetic babies are crying it's too much!

I say this because I've seen two threads on I&S suggesting a form of suicide that will let you keep
more of your EXP on death and all of your fucking cash. and what they haven't realized, is that it's
a method of death that won't break your armor, one less thing you need to worry about fixing on
respawn....

I've seen this shit on other forums, and not necessarily on games. The owners set up a suggestion
board to get feed back from the players, what harm could it do? Then they start listening to them,
not a lot at first, but gradually. Then, they start making mistakes they normally would have done,
then it becomes about pleasing your "fan base" and unless you listen to them, they ragequit, but
if you keep listening to them, you make better players quit by watering down the game, players
who more than likely PAY to play a game that's fun to them.

You know, I'm beginning to see why Yakkety and Lucas tried to shut down I&S, and honestly, I
can't blame them. I want it to die too, I'm just not stupid enough to put myself out there like them.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Birkin just let it die man....

I & S is useless ever since adminpwn's "christmas present" to DF. Basically he only left that there for new 3D suggestions not the current which nubs will never understand.

You ask me he should have scraped I&S instead of my beloved Player Run Events
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:03 pm

I wish I could Kyo, I really do.

Unfortunately, I&S is the only place I can really access on the DF forums these days, and
even that is beginning to get harder and harder... My browser lags and freezes in the clan
section, DF discussion, and it's beginning to slow down in I&S.

I either change browsers, or abandon the df forums all together. The mods don't bother to
enforce signature sizes, nor do they take down obnoxiously large image posts and macros,
and people repeatedly spam and quote such images, which exasperate things.

But I digress, I'm off subject.

I&S has potential. Great ideas appear all the time, unfortunately they're quickly drowned by
the sea of shit that comes in the form of retarded noobs who can't be bothered with a bit of
casual researching.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 am

Quote :
I&S has potential. Great ideas appear all the time, unfortunately they're quickly drowned by
the sea of shit that comes in the form of retarded noobs who can't be bothered with a bit of
casual researching.

I wholeheartedly agree. I bolded the word shit because it's a great descriptor of that meaningless blizzard of flamethrower, jetpack, or zombies with guns ideas.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:36 am

AdminPwn, in private, refers to the I&S board as the Garbage Filter.

Trust me, most of the stuff on there DOES get ignored. Just a few slip through the cracks, like the DP.

The DP went from normal, to easy, to normal, to hard, now it's back to normal. By normal, I mean balanced.

Just let it go, and let it continue to run its cycle.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:43 am

Well you gotta hand it to Adminpwn. He had the foresight to at least have a place for the
trash to go. Which makes me wonder why I'm wallowing in what is essentially the dumpster
of DF....
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:47 am

This is basically how I&S works.

People post there, and nobody really reads through it.

Used to be Ximpulse, is now someone else, filters through all that garbage and chooses which ones look reasonable.

He takes those that looks reasonable, and he shows them to the rest of the Mod Squad.

The Mod Squad chooses those that look reasonable, and hands them off to Xaelath.

Xaelath chooses which of those look reasonable, and hands those off to AdminPwn.

AdminPwn chooses what looks reasonable, and puts them on the backburner until he has time to implement them.

Almost every shit idea that could possibly slip through the cracks, gets filtered out in the end.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:31 am

I like the I&S board! Gives me a giggle.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:05 am

i dont know how many times i've seen people ask for flamethrowers or RPG's

cause yea that what you want to do, set the zombie on fire whos trying to grab you...
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:49 am

Quote :
I wholeheartedly agree. I bolded the word shit because it's a great descriptor of that meaningless blizzard of flamethrower, jetpack, or zombies with guns ideas.

And the biggest pisstake is that it will be the same people who are comlaining that there are no zombies with guns that will be the first to complain is adminpwn actually did add them in because they realise that it will make the game slightly harder and they'll have a tantrum when they get injured by a zombie that wasn't right next to them. And do they actually ask for a jetpack? What the bloody hell would you do with a jetpack except jump over a bus which would have taken just as short a time to go around.
Back to top Go down

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:29 pm

But I need my portable laser-shotgun-rifle-flamethrower-fork-knife-pda-kewkie dispensing handgun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death   Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Death
Page 1 of 1