Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! Empty
PostSubject: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 am

Well, as you can see, I'm back from Kami-Con. A lot of crazy things happened during the
entire trip, far too much for me to go into much detail at the moment, so I'll have to come
back and fill this space out more once I've gotten some rest. In the meantime, read ahead.

Events:
I'll post a list of all the events later, but I only managed to get to two and take part in them.
Others I was incapable of taking part in them or we had to leave early because of some of
the complications we happened into. I'll post the ones that I took part in and the ones I saw.

First event I was in was the Light Vs Dark Dodge ball game. This is how it went down. They
announced the event and requested people to join, and one out side, they were asked to
sign up on one of the two opposing teams. The people were then divided evenly into 4 groups,
2 light and 2 dark. Teams 1 and 2 would face off against each other with the winning light and
winning dark teams facing each other in the final round.

I hadn't played dodge ball since like, the 3`rd grade, so naturally I did awesomely. I got nailed
2 minutes into the game, and once I got back in, my throw got caught Sad. Well, Dark Team 2
beat Dark Team 1. The funniest thing was that the light teams were much more brutal than the
dark team. I saw at least 3 shots to the face and one possibly to the groin of some poor schmuck.
Light team 1 won.

It finally came down to Light Vs Dark. Everyone was geared up by this point, people were
chanting for their respected sides and with the wind blowing the way it was, it was as if light
and darkness were literally fighting for control. There were several epic moments during the
game that if the light side were losing, clouds would move over the sun, casting the area in
shadow, but when the dark side was losing the sunlight would shine righter. It was pretty
damn cool, but ultimately the dark team won.

The second event I attended was the Karaoke contest near the end of the convention.
After our special guests had left, our hostess for the karaoke came in and set out the
list of songs. Originally it was intended for the songs to be mixed with anime inspired
songs and actual Japanese songs, unfortunately her computer had crashed and she
lost half the song sheets, so people were able to make requests directly from youtube.
We were pressed for time, so only about 15 or 20 people got their chance to sing.

There were only two songs performed that stood out to me as memorable. One being
"before he cheats" performed by a girl cosplaying as Seto Kaiba. This inspired a lot of
SetoxYugi jokes from the crowed, and even though the song she picked wasn't anime
related, she brought everyone out of their seats, she was just that damn good.

The second was the pokemon first season theme song sung by three Ash Ketchums
and the entire crowd. What more can be said? It was the one song all of us there
probably knew line for line and right from our hearts.

Those were the only two events that I attended, but some of the things I intended to go
to was a rave, a game tournament and the hentai screenings during the later hours of the
first night, but the rave and the hentai screenings fell through. Half the group that came
with me and my friends to the rave couldn't get in, and since they couldn't have fun, we
all couldn't. We left after that. D=<

Most Memorable Cos-players:
Gurren Lagann: Yoko & Simon. No Kamina though X=<
Pokemon: Ash(s), Misty, Nurse Joy(s), Scyther, Charizard, Pikachu & Marill
Naruto: Naruto, Akatsuki (various mmbers), Kiba, Shino, Hinata, 2 Kakashis.
FMA: Edward, Roy Mustang
Death Note: L (lots of em)
Bleach: Ichigo (too fucking many.), Rukia, Kisuke.
Samurai Shamploo: Mugen
Hellsing: One very well done Alucard, only thing missing was his hat and shades.
DMC: Spectacularly done Dante
L4D: Bill, Zoey, Louis, Francis & 1 Hunter
Yugioh: Girly Seto Kaiba (the same that sang) and her Blue-Eyes White Dragon

The one thing I'm disturbed the most about here is the enraging lack Umbrella
staff... This will have to change change.

Souvenirs:
I knew money was going to be tight going in, but damn it to fucking hell... a quarter of the people
who came along didn't pay the full amount that was needed of them, or nothing at all. I wound up
with $15 to spend at the con. I got 3 buttons for me and my two best friends, and a mystery box
that could have had anything from a manga, anime dvds, cds, etc. They were $10 each and I
got an anime dvd in mine. I hope "Ayane's High Kick" was with it. <.<; BTW, the buttons I got
were: Proud to be a fangirl, free hugs, and mine was a yellow smiley button with "^_^" on it.

Other than those two things, I got my convention badge, but that came with registration.

Funniest Moments:

My friend's boyfriend went to dye his hair blond for his cos-play, and he wound up with
ginger hair instead. Bahahahaha!

We ordered breakfast at Mc'Donalds the morning we set out for the convention and since
there was a large group ordering, the staff saw fit to screw us out of a few extra dollars.
After we figured out how much they owed us, the same boyfriend went and asked for a
refund, and was declined. So, he goes into the bathroom and takes a piss on the floor.
A few minutes later we notice a more prominent looking staff member come out to her
car, was on the phone and looking at us. When the guy told us what he did, we all shat
brix and got the hell out of there.

Me avoiding every disaster on the trip. The first thing that went wrong was at a Wal-Mart
we stopped at during our trip to Tuscaloosa. The forecast had called for severe weather,
but when we pulled in for supplies it hadn't yet hit. Our driver said that if anyone wanted
to get out and stretch their legs, now was the time. I took one look outside and thought,
"Yea, fuck that." So, I stayed behind. It began raining after they had gotten inside, and it
got progressively heavier until they finally came out. They were all soaked to the bone by
the time they piled back into the car and I was laughing my ass off.

Then there was the tire being blown out. On the last day of the con, 5 of my friends went
to get lunch, decided to stick around and try to have a bit of fun, well. What should have
taken only 14 minutes all around, turned into a 6 hour dilemma! My friends blew out a
tire and had a hell of a time getting around to getting a new one. They missed out on
pretty much the entire days events.

Worst Moments:
Constantly getting lost.
The tire being blown out.
Not being able to spend the convention with the two people I wanted to be with the most.
Not having enough money to buy stuff with. >.<
Having to say goodbye to all of my friends.

Favorite Moments:
Seeing my two best friends again.
Meeting new friends that I didn't think I would meet.
Light Vs Dark Dodgeball & Karaoke.
Being on this year's winning team (Dark btw).
Reading manga with my best friends.

Epic Moments:
Light Vs Dark Dodgeball & Karaoke.
During the Light Vs Dark dodge ball game, one of the kids on the light team had a broken
arm and some how managed to not only keep himself from being eliminated despite being
the only player on the field, but managed to bring back more than half his team before they
were ultimately defeated. He Even had me cheering for him!
Being at my first convention with some of the best friends a person could ask for.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:52 am

Damn, Birkin! It sounds like fun! o.o

Lol! I was thinking "Pokemon theme song" right before you said anything about it. It's not an anime convention without pokemon.

Also, while you were away, I read the entirety of Peter is the Wolf.

Because of you, I am now a furry. Congrats.

Also, I'm apparently now female.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 am

Trigger, you've claimed to be an owl for how long? I think you've been a furry longer than Jen.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Yes, but I used to transform back to human mode in order to mate. Now I no longer do so.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 1:17 pm

Trigger wrote:
Damn, Birkin! It sounds like fun! o.o

Lol! I was thinking "Pokemon theme song" right before you said anything about it. It's not an anime convention without pokemon.

Also, while you were away, I read the entirety of Peter is the Wolf.

Because of you, I am now a furry. Congrats.

Also, I'm apparently now female.

Triggerz! it is fun! I highly recommend you guys attending an anime convention, or any convention
if you can manage, they're a fucking blast! I'm already planning to go to another one near me in
June. I'd try for a smaller, lesser-known con for your first experience though, it's guaranteed to be
a memorable experience!

I'm glad you liked Peter is the wolf. I found it a few days before the convention and started reading
it, and man I was hooked! I didn't get to finish it until I got home though. Only three people in my
circle of friends had laptops and well, I didn't feel like asking them to share. I'd have felt invasive.

Everyone's got a furry side, whether they realize it or not. Maybe it's a particular animal they can
connect with to some degree, or maybe they see it as their animal totem. Maybe it's a comic or
cartoon character they prefer, but everyone has something furry they like.

It just requires the right switch to turn the person into a furry. Gender switching, I'm not so sure
of. :p
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Alas, I'm up to the most recent comic. One update a week just isn't enough to sate my horrid appetites. I guess you can't rush excellence, though.

My only complaint is that in the comic's five year run, Jean has yet to get the bat in anything but flashbacks.

I demand that be changed.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:24 pm

yead i'd never go to a convention without at least 100 bucks to spend, cause whats the poin if your not gonna buy hard to find items.

when i com back from the navy i'll have to go. hell maybe i'll bump into you there dress as an U.S.S. soldier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!   Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2! Empty

Back to top Go down

Birkin's Trip to Kami-Con Season 2!
Page 1 of 1