Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Site Expansion

Go down 
+11
HellBlaze
Untersturmführer Alvarez
fatalitywolf
Synyster Gates
Z 1
Pest02
Warhero30
Trig
Buckaroo Banzai
Konstantine
Wesker
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Site Expansion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Though it is hardly my decision, I think it would be in our best interests to not have the main site named something such as "The Faceless Legion".

While probably being a good Xbox live clan name, it sounds...like just that. Something a bunch of kids on X-Box live would call themselves. Kinda like guys who start bands and call themselves "Bullet for my Valentine" people are going to instantly get an impression on you without delving further to see what the group is really like. My guess, in this case, is that such a name would attract a bunch of really annoying X-box live kids.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:45 am

Agreed. But if we will be spawning a whole bunch of new clans, we might as well have a website name instead of a "name". Such as the web of clans or something.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Firstly, why is this in cafeteria when it should be in debate? lern2moderate.

Secondly, I think you should think very long and very hard, Buck, about what you're
planning to do. The last thing anyone likes to see are adverts, whether it be for hosting
or not. Why do we need hosting for a "clan" anyway? You all have to realize that this
isn't some real-world conglomerate organization. This is a forum full of people who
like to pretend it is, but it isn't.

So you want to make this clan multi-plaform, great, what about those of us who don't
play console games, or a particular brand? I've never owned an xbox, never intend to,
either. I haven't been able to get my hands on a ps3 and it doesn't look like I will any
time soon.

My point is this: Stop trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill. This place is nothing
more than a forum for casual gamers and RE buffs, we aren't Blizzard's Community,
or some other gaming giant forums.

P.S: Moving to debate.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:31 pm

I tend to side with Birkin on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 2:15 pm

I'm sorta with Birkin. I do have a 360 and live but i'm in a clan on xbox already so I wouldn't even bat an eyelid to you guys moving there. I always liked this clan because it wasn't on everything so it has a smaller main group base meaning i can get to know you guys which i have enjoyed...except trigger in the case of which i think i've sustained brain damage but nevertheless not my clan and i'm not exactly a big part of it thus my opinion doesn't matter.

Right i've made no difference here so i'm going back to my WKD seeya'll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 am

I only slightly agree with you Birkin.. I don't play runescape, dead frontier, or any of the other online mmo for that matter much anymore making a DF specific clan no longer a convenience due to the fact they don't share common factors with me. I do however play live so having a place I can go to talk to friends about recent events going on in the xbox live world I could do so without having to leave you guys and without having a ps3 fan fag ruining my joy..

Though the clan was created for DF, DF is no longer fun, so if we want the site to remain prosperous and bountiful with new members we should probably largen our views. If you don't like having an xbox 360 branch you don't have to visit their website.

As for a site why can't we just have a clan site that has to do with all games that people here can move over too. And you could possibly even post df in the mmo section and perhaps gain some new fans for it. You would certainly be helping to fatten AdminPwns pocket..
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:58 am

Adminpwn could fatten his own pocket if he'd stop being a self-rightous twat and actually
turn the game over to some developers. DF would have taken all of a few months to
complete with a full staff and would be enjoying the prosperity of other mmos if not
for adminpwn hindering its growth. But I digress.

If we "took on all games" we'd be nothing more than a watered down version of gamefaqs,
and I'd sooner choke on a dick than to be part of something like that. I honestly don't see
anything wrong with what we have now, nor do I see how suddenly "expanding" things will
suddenly make everything any better. Not as if there is anything wrong to begin with.

Just because DF isn't fun for you, or for a few others, doesn't mean it isn't for others and
so far I haven't heard anything in regards to their wants and desires. I hate to break it
to you havoc, but you're not going to be able to find anywhere on the net to get away from
people ruining your joy. Some where, some way, some one is going to pop up to put a
damper on your enjoyment. It's just the nature of things.

Just how is this place being a "DF Only" forum any sort of inconvenience?
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:30 am

The inconvenience is we've been here for years, we're all friends here, and we see no reason why we can't converge on other games when we inevitably lose interest in DF. This already isn't a DF only forum anyway. A whole 1% of our posts contain relevance to DF as a game, perhaps. The rest are other games, roleplaying, and nonsense. We might as well just make it official.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Well, if you look at like that, then why bother changing it at all in the first place?
People will get bored with those other games eventually. What will we do? Up and
change the site every time someone gets bored and decides to "expand"?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:11 pm

This site is an umbrella. Each game is a drop of rain, and we hold interest until it falls off the side.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Pest02 wrote:
This site is an umbrella. Each game is a drop of rain, and we hold interest until it falls off the side.

Then why have Umbrella Corporation: The Dead Frontier Branch? Obviously that rain drop is struggling to stay on the Umbrella. If you don't want to outreach through other games then how about this proposal?

Stop pretending..

Over half the members are no longer interested in DF and are sort of tired of listening about it. Why not instead create a new site with a group name and turn it into an internet lounge? A place for people to come and talk about their interests, were it be roleplay, gaming, life, or just internet in general. That would be more attractive to new people. The only problem is we would have nowhere to advertise BUT the games and websites we visit. And not many people join a site just because it is just a lounge and nothing more. A main revenue would be required to attract most of our members. A place were we can hold up a banner and say hey! Join us!

Why not DF? You might ask yourselves.

Mostly because DF sucks in almost every way in its current state.. and beside a 3D boost I don't see it going any further than that..

Perhaps a place like Facebook or Myspace..? Iunno. Maybe.. Maybe not..
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:22 pm

You....sounded like a car salesman. Or Billy Mays.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Put it to vote. If 'No' wins, this gets dropped. If 'Yes' wins, we'll start debating for the new thing we'll call ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 pm

What are we voting for, DF members getting there own site, or the more numerous amount of members who don't give a shit about DF, the admins who only care about DF, the immature members who all flock to the forum from DF.

You know, just asking.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:37 pm

It seems like only the best people we attract from DF decide to stay. If we decided to branch out I feel we would only attract people who would ruin our community.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 am

W.Birkin wrote:
Well, if you look at like that, then why bother changing it at all in the first place?
People will get bored with those other games eventually. What will we do? Up and
change the site every time someone gets bored and decides to "expand"?
That's why we're creating a nondescript, general forums for use with any game we like. If we tire of a game, we can pick up a new one with ease.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:30 am

Seeing as how only a few of us here actually want this to happen (Z, Havoc, Syn) why not just go and make this proposed supersite anyway? It's not like it has to be connected to us at UC...
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:06 am

srly why go throguh all that effort we already are a community we lost the what made us a clan long ago

all we have to do is make an area for said game and be done with it with no need to go out and buy a sever space to host a web page which i doubt most of us could afford
Back to top Go down
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Swag on Deck
Swag on Deck
Untersturmführer Alvarez

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:24 am

No refreshments for our time? Gayyy i vote nay though anyways Havoc you suck at this i mean no pie,chips,cookies,cokes,hookers trigger is better than you!
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:44 am

U have to vote yes for now. I am very much happy with this site. As far as I know, this would mean that we wouldn't see each other. I mean we wouldn't see havoc and whoever else is Moderating the other "clans".

I would vote no because we already have what we need here. We will have a community on the other clans as we do here. The ones that have similar personalities will stay and others leave.

So I am generally undecided but voted for yes because of it's lack of votes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:44 am

We have a rich cultural history here that will be hard to copy onto another forum
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:48 am

i like our exclusive group. we talk about nonsense and bullshit, and the government doesnt try and track us down for copywrites... idk how that played out in my head, but it made (no) SENSE TO ME. hURRAY FOR RAMBLING
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I think it'd be wise if we kept new members from participating in the vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Since no is winning by double, lets discuss how the forum should be laid out. Pest started working on it, and I hijacked it.

Two sets of admins.

The site admins. They manage the site and get access to the admin panel.

Game admins. No admin panel access.

Moderators will be more specified in their duties, such as 'Game Mod', 'RP Mod', ect. Each will have 1-2 peeps minimum.

Both of these will add new groups, and I heard new groups have a problem for some reason.

New site layout.
The categories that are blank are already on the forum, and have stuff in them.

-Leaderly Advice

-Information Center

-Mod HQ

-Dead Frontier

-Game section
--Games Room
--Runescape
--D&D
--SS13

-Public Area

-(Associated groups, alphabetically listed)

-Guest Room

Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:12 am

Waitwaitwait.

So, since everyone voted "No" to expansion, we're expanding?

Why does this make little no sense to me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Expansion   Site Expansion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Expansion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next