Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Rank & Position Re-Design

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Rank & Position Re-Design Empty
PostSubject: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:47 am

The whole reason for Kyo's ranking system is to offer players a chance to move up
the ranking ladder and to give them a sense of accomplishment. The only thing is,
we never really figured out how this works. What sort of things does a person need
in order to make their way up said ladder? We obviously can't allow just anyone into
special positions, nor can we simply have a bunch of managers running around. As it
is, stands the ranks are nice looking but they don't function properly.

I did a little digging around on Military Ranks and found that they have a sort of tier
system going on, three in all, with ranks from 0-10. If I'm not mistaken, in order to
advance to the next tier, you have to go through the ranks in order to advance.

We could easily put something like that together and make it work. This could easily
be tied in with the achievement ideas that I had mentioned a while, or work on an
entirely different system. I believe that the economic areas, too.

As for the positions, I've been thinking on those as well. Nothing really new, just some
re-names and specific tasks the position holds.

Economic Section
Title: Economic Manager
Task: Maintaining the storage accounts, handling donations.

Military Section
Title: Head Of Security
Task: -

Title: Watch Dog
Task: Keeping a close eye on the forums in search of Umbrella Impostors,
and/or general threats to Umbrella's safety. They may also be asked to perform
activity sweeps of the clan roster.

Other Positions
Title: Archives Keeper
Task: Wiki Manager

Title: Recruiter
Task: To advertise and recruit members into Umbrella.

This is what I have now, but I hope to develop this idea more.

Last edited by W.Birkin on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Raveneye1991
Weapons: What do you need them to be?
Items: Anything you want!

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:00 am

This I've seen work really well in WOLF SFG. They have a CB room open every night that is used to recruit players and talk to each other. They also went through a rank overhaul recently that is meant to organize them into a decent fighting force should a clan war break out and also seems to attract others.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:11 am

Yea, organization and focus was my intention, too. I hope to see Kyo soon to elaborate on
this some, but everyone is welcome to pitch in their ideas or to polish this one.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:35 pm

i thought i described em good back when i made em but here we go

CEO - leader

Executive - Co leader

Security Administrator - check forum for umbrella imposters, in war organises/arranges/fights in the war

Economic Chairman - Donations, ect.

USS - Top PvPers

UBCS - Average PvPers

Researcher - for scientist and farmers its when they can produce lvl 50 food and also for members who hit the 50 mark but arnt equiped for PvP

Employee - Regular member for Umbrella

Experiment - Members in training

Consultant - Honorary members unable to play currently or quit and may come back whenever

only ones im not sure about is Representitive, but we can actualy have that be the recruiter/wiki managers since that is "representing" us
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:44 am

Kyo, I know that the positions are straight forward. What I'm saying is to try and expand
them, to make them serve a function within the clan. That's all. D:
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:21 pm

How about this: The USS members are leaders of USBC squads in clan wars with the Security Admin giving general orders and the Researchers lead employees on deep loot runs on the Economic Chairman's orders. Experiments will have to join one of these loot runs and must survive in order to become official members unless they eventually meet standards for joining. Also, the PvP members can also join a loot run as security against especially nasty creatures like Titians and Wraiths. The leaders can join a misson whenever they wish and overrule USS or Researchers present when giving orders.

This sound okay?
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:01 pm

That isn't quite what I was thinking Raven.

What I'm wanting to do is to separate the Positions and Ranks. People in positions of
power are tasked with certain thing that directly correlate with the clan: Such as the
Archives Manager being the one who updates and works on the Wiki. The Economic
Chairman will be in charge of keeping up with the clan's storage accounts (and
thus our overall wealth and stock of supplies). Yes, there will be positions of power
in the military section, too. I'm just trying to figure out what though.

The ranking system is something that will be used to possibly achieve a higher
position, but will otherwise be used as a means for showing off your skill and
overall importance in Umbrella's ranks. Those who have high ranks will be the
ones considered for higher positions when they become available.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:33 pm

yeah thats kinda overkill, USS is just a promotion from UBCS, and researcher is a promotion from Employee.

BUt yea that was the origional goal fromt eh start birkin but no one did anything they were supposed to >_<
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:47 pm

*rubs the back of his neck* Yea, that can be a bit of a problem. You can't make someone
do something, all you can do is ask and remind them, otherwise you boot them out of their
position and try to go for someone else.

Should we just keep the ranking system on the back burner, re-fill the positions and wait
to see what the DF mods have in store for the clan system?
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Probably for the best. Until Dead Frontier sorts out the clan system theres not too much we can do. If theres empty positions refilling them might be a good idea but at the same time without a proper clan system might also be pointless if the person doesn't do their job.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:58 am

eh we'll keep a simple system for now, but it still should have pictures and some stuff to draw attention like the madness theme
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:07 pm

That's the only thing I hate about thing today.. No one can be bothered to actually read.
If you don't have some sort of picture to convey your idea, no one can be bothered to
look into it.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:46 am

Agreed. But I also think we should wait until a clan system comes out.

For the ranks though, we should have sort of milestones to get them. I mean not just as in level, but say they kill a tentacle boss and are level 50 and have two level 100 weapons, then they get promoted to the rank that has those as milestones. You get what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 12:58 pm

tentecle boss?

:says in sarge's voice from RvB:

your making that up
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Yeah, that boss (Wraith) hasn't come out yet and, based off how Bones and Titians (which are their boss version) are similar, it'll be extremely fast and significantly stronger. I doubt anyone will be able to kill one alone unless they have a GAU or a similarly powerfull weapon with instant reload and high critical since it'll be small enough to fit through gaps imbetween cars. Of course, thats just speculation on my part, I'll be fighting one when it is added just to confirm.
I do like the milestone and weapons ideas, though but confirming boss kills is tricky due to the bugs in MP still, not to mention cordination with everyone.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 am

Take a screen shot after they are dead?

And it is nicknamed the tentacle boss. Or at least thats what I saw on the wiki.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:54 am

Not sure how to do that. If you would list how to do that in recruiting, then that might work towards solving that problem.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Rank & Position Re-Design   Rank & Position Re-Design EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 am

1. click "print screen"
2. open microsoft paint
3. click Ctrl + V
4. Edit to make smaller
5. Save as .png
6. Upload to a picture site
7. Post

or

steps 1-5
6. Upload here on a post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content