Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.

Go down 
+6
Demon Eyes Kyo
Peng
Pest02
Austin Powers
Buckaroo Banzai
Wesker
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. Empty
PostSubject: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:30 am

Resident Evil 6 - Hurried up.
^^^Link^^^

Yup... I cannot wait. Reboot of the series, finally! Right?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:39 am

YES YES YES.

Please oh please oh please redeem Leon in this one. D:

Ideally, he and Chris would form a two-man unstoppable broforce. There would be old 70's funk music playing constantly, and there would be no end to the badassery.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:56 am

Barry and...well, Barry and anyone is awesome. Maybe Ark?
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:56 am

I'll be happy if they don't try to ret-con the movies into the games actual history.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 am

This, too, is a series reboot, and supposedly the old characters will not exist/not act like the people you know.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:06 am

Hopefully they don't do that.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:14 pm

i have no opinion either way... except... i hope they stop this arcade action adventure feel and go back to the roots of what made Resident Evil great.

good old fashioned survival horror...

all this "i have the ultimate fuck you up guns, kill everything style" is total BS in my opinion. The stroyline is still top notch but the gameplay is like fucking devil may cry now with ammo and on a scale of 1 - 10 on the scary meter, RE 4 gets a "2" and RE 5 gets "3"

What i want is the good old fashioned, im in hell, i have no ammo, do i kill this zombie or run, style that was RE1-3.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 pm

I am worried about the term 'hurried' they use.

cause they hurried dead rising 2, and while it is an awesome game, the 'missing' bits nearly destroy the experience for me.

I have no doubt that RE6 will deliver. I just hope it won't deliver a giant turd for gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Why is this in announcements?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Austin Powers wrote:
Why is this in announcements?

We're a Resident-Evil themed forum. D:<

The whole reason any of us are here is because we love these games, or loved the once.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Pfft! Tis a game! Games belong in the game area!

And I have never played a RE game! Never!
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Lousy gingers, always ruining things with their unclean thoughts. D:<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:15 pm

This is an old news post and I saw it a long time ago. Also, we already knew that RE6 was gonna be a reboot... right after RE5 came out. Not announcement-worthy.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Have you played 'Lost in Nightmares' ?

It's an add on for RE5. It was adequate in scariness, and I never had enough ammo for the few enemies that I faced. It was great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:17 pm

I played that the day it was released. Pretty fun, but only played two or three times.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:28 pm

If they make a completely original RE game using the 'Lost in Nightmares' low ammo amount and door opening sequence, old RE fans and new RE fans will get together and sing glorious days.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:49 pm

Kanden wrote:
This is an old news post and I saw it a long time ago. Also, we already knew that RE6 was gonna be a reboot... right after RE5 came out. Not announcement-worthy.

We knew that there was going to be another reboot, not that a rush had been placed on RE6's production. As it was, we weren't expecting it to come out until we all had children to play it with.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Meh. I kinda stopped caring about Resident Evil after 5.

The only thing that would excite me now would be an outbreak-style game, but with the new behind-the-shoulder camera. And the whole world better not be shitting ammo at you.

Also, I know it's RE, but being able to pick up a lead pipe would be cool. Melee weapons need more love in a zombie survival setting.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:11 pm

I would LOVE a behind-the-shoulder-view game that takes place 95% at night, preferably in a city, with zombies.

Essentially, I want a revamped version of RE2/3. But bigger.

Undecided
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:56 am

Pest02 wrote:
If they make a completely original RE game using the 'Lost in Nightmares' low ammo amount and door opening sequence, old RE fans and new RE fans will get together and sing glorious days.

I never even heard of that but yes that would be fucking awesome

Trigger Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:11 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would LOVE a behind-the-shoulder-view game that takes place 95% at night, preferably in a city, with zombies.

Essentially, I want a revamped version of RE2/3. But bigger.

yea RE will never relive the days of racoon city, today its all super solider (chris) and batman (leon) action. closest things we'll get to a RE outbreak in racoon city is Left 4 Dead now Sad
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Personally I want it to be impossible. I'm talking powerful enemies, shit weapons, bugger all ammo and tense horror. I want the game to make me want to avoid as much fighting as possible and make it so after a few minutes playing everytime I see, hear or think I saw/heard a zombie i piss myself with fear. Enough immersion to drown me please.
^Hell even if it's not resident evil i just want a game that does that to me.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 6:08 pm

Perhaps Amnesia will do it for you. Enemies kill you in 2 hits, you get no weapons, super immersion and horror, and RE puzzles.

I thought Amnesia was old news to everyone, but you just described it perfectly. If you've already played it, try Penumbra.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Character Sheet
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:02 am

Yeah done Amnesia got a bit immersed but the hiding from them was slightly too easy as you just had to find some dark. Played it on a mates comp though so haven't tried it on any harder difficulties if there are any. How would I go about getting Penumbra?
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:34 pm

They sell the entire Penumbra series on Steam.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 pm

...I can't use steam...fucking laptop decided it doesn't like steam for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.   I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here. Empty

Back to top Go down

I think that Resident Evil 6 is important enough to be here.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next