Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Personality Type

Go down 
+9
Peng
Trig
Z 1
Raveneye1991
Wesker
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Austin Powers
Buckaroo Banzai
Animal Mother
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:09 am

Interesting way to get to know each other better as well as self exploration.

Take the test here to find out what your personality type is: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Then go here for all the information you could possibly want on your personality type (Overview, Future Jobs, Romance, Etc): http://www.personalitypage.com/html/home.shtml

Then after all that share your personality type as well as what you may or may not have learned about yourself. Or if you thought the test and answers were wrong.

Starting off I'm an INFP (Introverted INtuitive Feeling Perceiving) Personality Type. http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html

Personally I found all the information to be pretty spot on about my personality. Even uncovering some of my personality traits I strive hard to keep rather secret. Thumbs up to the psychologists who created this test.
Back to top Go down
Animal Mother
Survivor
Animal Mother

Number of posts : 34

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:27 am

I just took it, and am also quite surprised at how accurate it seems to be.

I'm an INTJ, that is Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging type, which i share with-lol- Hilary Clinton, Stephen Hawking and Marie Curie.

"To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how. INTJs know what they know, and perhaps still more importantly, they know what they don't know."

Emphasis added. That is scarily like me.

Last edited by Animal Mother on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:32 am

ESFJ. Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging.

I'm in there wtih Bill Clinton and Frank Sinatra, and my suggested career path is management.

Actually I think I answered the questions wrong. Must be the Irish in me (Look up what Freud said about the Irish) But I don't desire a career in management. I'm a friggin software consultant for gods sake.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Your Type is
INTP
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
61 62 75 11

distinctively expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Copypasted because I'm lazy.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 6:40 pm

ISTP - Introverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving

The "Mechanic" I got all four 100%

"ISTPs have an enthusiastic, childlike approach to life that is attractive to others. As Introverted Thinkers, they also have some real substance to them which prevents them from being entirely frivolous and hedonistic in their pursuits. They are laid-back and flexible, and generally accepting of a wide range of behavior. These attributes make them valued friends and confidantes."

Last edited by Trigger on Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 6:54 pm

ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
33 1 44 56

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert
* slightly expressed sensing personality
* moderately expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Back to top Go down
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Swag on Deck
Swag on Deck
Untersturmführer Alvarez

Number of posts : 59

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:31 pm

ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
22 31 12 33
You are:

# slightly expressed extravert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# slightly expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed judging personality
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Chaplain Awe wrote:
ENFJ
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
22 31 12 33
You are:

# slightly expressed extravert
# slightly expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed judging personality

lolol, we're exact opposites~<3 ISTP
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:24 pm

INTP
100 25 75 11

# very expressed introvert
# distinctively expressed thinking personality
# slightly expressed perceiving personality

"INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves."

Famous INTPs:
Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton

U.S. Presidents:
James Madison
John Quincy Adams
John Tyler
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Gerald Ford

William Harvey (pioneer in human physiology)
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
William James
Albert Einstein
Tom Foley (1989-1995: Speaker of the House--U.S. House of Representatives)
Henri Mancini
Bob Newhart
Jeff Bingaman, U.S. Senator (D.--NM)
Rick Moranis (Honey, I Shrunk The Kids)
Midori Ito (ice skater, Olympic silver medalist)
Tiger Woods
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Raveneye1991
Weapons: What do you need them to be?
Items: Anything you want!

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:59 pm

ISFJ
I=78, S=12, F=12, J= 11
Sounds about right, type is called the Protectors, and famous people that have this type are St. Teresa, Robert E. Lee, and Queen Elizabeth II. Profile seems scary accurate to me in RL too.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 am

INTJ. "The Mastermind".

Get ready for this. This is freakin long.

INTJs spend a lot of time inside their own minds, and may have little interest in the other people's thoughts or feelings.

The INTJ's interest in dealing with the world is to make decisions, express judgments, and put everything that they encounter into an understandable and rational system. Consequently, they are quick to express judgments. Often they have very evolved intuitions, and are convinced that they are right about things.

Unless they complement their intuitive understanding with a well-developed ability to express their insights, they may find themselves frequently misunderstood.

In these cases, INTJs tend to blame misunderstandings on the limitations of the other party, rather than on their own difficulty in expressing themselves. This tendency may cause the INTJ to dismiss others input too quickly, and to become generally arrogant and elitist.

The INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it.

In the absence of properly developing their communication abilities, they may become abrupt and short with people, and isolationists.

That's an extremely accurate stance on how you people have come to know me. Of course, there's positive aspects to being a "Mastermind".

INTJS are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way.

Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead.

They have a low tolerance for spin or rampant emotionalism. They do not recognize authority based on tradition, rank, or title.

They tend to be stable, reliable, and dedicated.

They generally withhold strong emotion and do not like to waste time with what they consider irrational social rituals. This may cause non-INTJs to perceive them as distant and reserved; nevertheless, INTJs are usually very loyal partners who are prepared to commit substantial energy and time into a relationship to make it work.

At times, INTJs seem cold, reserved, and unresponsive, while in fact they are almost hypersensitive to signals of rejection from those they care for. In social situations, INTJs may also be unresponsive and may neglect small rituals designed to put others at ease. For example, INTJs may communicate that idle dialogue such as small talk is a waste of time. This may create the impression that the INTJ is in a hurry—an impression that is not always intended.

INTJS humor often consists of sarcasm, irony, hyperbole, word-play and puns, one-liners, quick-witted observations and flippant remarks, and abstract and deep philosophical insights on nonsensical themes. Their sense of humor tends to be dry, warped, and morbid, and not everybody "gets" them.

Most INTJS have odd quirks to them, such as eating M&M's one color at a time, or naming their children in alphabetical order.

Now for the most truthful part of them all. It even gives you tips on how to talk to me.

DON’T ask INTJS a question unless you really want a truthful answer. We will not sugarcoat it for you, and we don’t tell white lies to spare anyone’s feelings.

This is extremely true. I often do this in real life.

DON’T express an opinion to us unless you are prepared to back it up with sound arguments and well pedigreed facts and evidence. Otherwise do not be surprised when we logically shred your opinion for you and hand it back to you in tatters.

Seriously.

DON’T be repetitive. We have absolutely no patience for that. There’s no need to cover old ground, and we heard you the first time, unless we were zoning out. And if we were zoning out it’s probably because you started repeating yourself.

I hate it when people do that. Not a problem on the internet, but real life?

DON’T take 100 words to say what could have been said in 10. Content-free speech will cause an INTJ to zone out faster than repeating yourself.

I often find myself angry when people don't quickly get to the point.

DON’T look at an INTJ in bewilderment when he/she discloses an idea to you. Yes, it may have required a double somersault of imagination to reach their conclusion. Ask them to take you through it step-by-step; they will happily oblige. Ideas are of ultimate importance to an INTJ, and it is a compliment for them to share their ideas with you. Similarly, failing to give due attention to an INTJ’s idea is a high form of insult. Although INTJs do not hold grudges, neither do they go out of their way to associate with people who don’t give serious consideration to their ideas. You’ll be in damage control mode for quite some time, fighting an uphill battle to get back into their good graces.

This is a huge problem here on this forum, especially concerning Runescape. Don't just assume I don't make sense. I'm always logical, and I do consider it a privelage for you if I get to explain myself.

And finally, if an INTJ call you stupid, or retarded, it's because you probably are. But don’t take offense. INTJS standards are so high that even they don’t meet them. They judge themselves more harshly than they judge others.

There's even a section about INTJ's pet peeves! Here's a list: (coincidentally, these are also MY pet peeves.) (Probably because I, too, am an INTJ.)

* We dislike surprises.
* We hate having decisions made for us. We’re INTJs; nobody is more qualified to make decisions than us.
* We hate small talk, gossip, and relationship/people talk. Really anything mundane is beneath us.
* We get particularly annoyed by attacks on our intelligence, competence, and integrity.
* We hate it when people try to manipulate us.
* Insincerity and lying.
* People interfering with our alone time.
* People who are chronically late.
* People who talk incessantly. We will just engage our “nod and smile” autopilot and mentally go somewhere else.
* People who are stupid, arrogant, opinionated, and/or closed minded.
* Crooked/badly placed pictures.
* Superficiality (body piercings, pimped out cars, brightly colored anything).
* Incorrect grammar and word usage.
* People who waste our time.

Of course, all of this info about my personality was 100% true, and I was 100% amazed by the accuracy. No one before this test ever fully understood me.

For those who care, about 2% of the entire population has this personality type. That's right. I'm freaking unique, kiddies.

Last edited by Meryl Sasaki on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:39 am

I got INTJ as well

The parts that jumped out at me as instantly recognizable:

"Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead."

"The INTJ is not overly demonstrative of their affections, and is likely to not give as much praise or positive support as others may need or desire. That doesn't mean that he or she doesn't truly have affection or regard for others, they simply do not typically feel the need to express it."

"At times, INTJs seem cold, reserved, and unresponsive, while in fact they are almost hypersensitive to signals of rejection from those they care for. In social situations, INTJs may also be unresponsive and may neglect small rituals designed to put others at ease. For example, INTJs may communicate that idle dialogue such as small talk is a waste of time. This may create the impression that the INTJ is in a hurry—an impression that is not always intended."

Idk about all of it, though

Last edited by Pengy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:42 am

We have 3 INTJs so far, that I've seen.

There are a couple statements in this summary that don't quite fit me. Here's just one.

"INTPs do not like to lead or control people."

I would love to control people, as long as it doesn't carry too much responsibility. But maybe that's the reason INTPs don't like it?

Meh, now my mind hurts. Props to Havoc, though, for finding this. It's really quite interesting.

Last edited by Force Commander Wesker on Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:48 am

Maybe INTJ isn't that uncommon.

or maybe we all took the test wrong. I did go through it twice, though.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:56 am

Just for the lols, here are some fictional INTJS to compare me and Pengy to.

Gandalf
Dr. Horrible
Obi-wan Kenobi
Dr. House
Jon Snow, Littlefinger, and Tywin Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Light Yagami
Ben Linus from Lost
Professor Farnsworth from Futurama
Dexter
Sheldon from Big Bang Theory
Voldemort
Sherlock Holmes
Snape
Magneto
Mandark from Drexter's Laboratory
Dr. Evil from Austin Powers
Jigsaw (Saw)
Brain from Pinky and the Brain
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Not fictional, but still awesome)

And finally, V. (for Vendetta)

And just to throw this out there, the exact opposite of an INTJ is an ESFP, which is Ron Weasley.

Fictional INTJs tend to be portrayed as mad scientists or otherwise sociopathic people.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Raveneye1991
Weapons: What do you need them to be?
Items: Anything you want!

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:14 am

I just checked the list of fictional characters with ISFJ, and the list goes like tthis:
Dr. Watson, Sherlock Holmes
David Copperfield
Ophelia in Hamlet

You get the picture, it's bacisally all the sidekicks and minor chararcters. FML much?!
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 9:14 am

INTJ, I did a happy dance earlier when I saw it, now that its not so rare, I'm sad.

It could be that the internet is a breeding ground for mastermind thinkers.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:56 pm

I read somewhere last night that the most common place to find an INTJ is on internet message boards or newsgroups.

I think they're 100% correct.
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:24 pm

I am currently thinking of different ways to bring you INTJ's down. It will take some time, as we see deadlines of relative importance.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:08 pm

So Syn, Peng, up for starting a group for taking over the world.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Nobody shares my type? D:< I'm like general Patton.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Take over the world through our...social handicaps?
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Trigger wrote:
Nobody shares my type? Angry I'm like general Patton.

Trigger, they want to destroy us all. You should probable destroy them first.

*sits at the edge of the room* movie night
Back to top Go down

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Force Commander Wesker wrote:
Your Type is
INTP
61 62 75 11

distinctively expressed introvert
distinctively expressed intuitive personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Copypasted because I'm lazy.
Quoted, because I'm a lazy INTP.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm

Pengy wrote:
Take over the world through our...social handicaps?
Small price for us to pay to be geniuses, if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Personality Type Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Type   Personality Type Empty

Back to top Go down

Personality Type
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next