Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

The return of Birkin!?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

The return of Birkin!? Empty
PostSubject: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:10 am

Let's not get our hopes up just yet, kiddies.

Even though I've got a little over twice the RAM I had before, I might not be out of the woods, yet. I
just finished downloading Unity3D and after two or three attempts of going into the Inner City, I still
can't seem to play. Unity would stall and then crash every time. I am downloading updates for the
system right now, so I'll chalk it up to that and continue trying later.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 am

GL on that birky. I will be very busy over the next week, otherwise I would promise my help.

1: check that your graphics hardware is compatible with unity. some onboard chipsets do not work well.
2: test your internet connection. upload and download. if your upload is <5kb/s, you might be clogging it and preventing unity from correctly communicating.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Update:

I'm still having a few issues with Unity, particularly when I try to go into the inner city. The
browser periodically stops responding or the player crashes entirely, and quite often at that.
However, I was able to actually get into the game and have the full range of visuals this
time around and not just having access to bits and pieces like before.

I degraded back to Flash 9 because I've heard that Flash 10 was causing a ton of problems,
both for DF and other flash-related sites and videos. Seriously, do these developers even test
their shit before shoving it out the proverbial door?

I've managed to adjust my graphics settings a bit, and it seems to have helped a bit. I don't
know for sure, the last time I got in to the game I was stuck in the midst of an OA so I got
pretty bogged down.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Random fact that may or may not help = If I change tabs or minimize the screen while DF is loading, it will crash and fail. If I sit still while it loads, then everything is honkey-dorey.

But yeah, I really hope you can play, because I've been feeling a zombie mood coming on. Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm at Fort Pastor now, biznitches.

Testing Trigger's theory, I found it to be the exact same problem I was having! So now I
know how to keep that from happening! There's still some minor lag while playing, usually
when Chainsaws or Machineguns are running, but otherwise I -should- be able to play. I
haven't crashed once, so I'm 98% sure of this.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:27 pm

I have minor lag points when anything 'big' shows up. But hey, I'm glad you're back in the game birky! Let me know if I can help you get back out there.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Eeeeexcellent
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Anyone got a bare template of the new cards?

Also, if you'll permit me a few extra questions.

1. How many blocks do you cross before loading a new area?
2. Can zombies attack you while you're in your inventory or checking the map?
I've noticed they don't seem to attack when you're looting an object, but I've yet
to be ballsy enough to try any of the latter methods.
3.What position do I hold if any at all?
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:26 pm

1: Beats the shit out of me. I'd count if I weren't so lazy.
2: No, you go into "AFK Mode" and can't be touched.
3: Well, you're at least a member. I don't know which account you use more, though.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 pm

Researcher is my main, always has, always will. The only reason I haven't been using
him is because I've been lazily trying to level Sherry up to produce fresh produce to
sell and for him to use. So I'll be using Sherry for a lil while longer, but he's my main.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:19 pm

1: blocks are split up into 3x3 sections. Think like a number grid. Each crossing of a block is a number. so a block like this:
Code:
7--------------8---------------9
|                  |                  |
4--------------5---------------6
1--------------2---------------3
Will typically have exits at 1, 3, 7, and 9. Two to each cardinal direction, unless blocked by an edge of the map.

Each line on the diagram represents a street, each number is an intersection.
Within these general intersections there are 'areas'. like 'convenience store' or 'parking lot' or 'park'. some of these areas are big buildings, the buildings you can't enter yet... boo... and some of the areas take up two quadrants in an instance. so like when you make it all the way SE, you'll come across parks that take up the entire side of an instance. those are viewable on the map as rectangles, and won't have a street breaking them apart. in any given instance however, there will always be links surrounding the outside of the instance, even at the edges of the map.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:09 am

Wow. I was going to say 3X3, but you explained it into much detail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The return of Birkin!?   The return of Birkin!? Empty

Back to top Go down

The return of Birkin!?
Page 1 of 1