Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Illnesses and the internet

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Illnesses and the internet Empty
PostSubject: Illnesses and the internet   Illnesses and the internet EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 8:37 am

Double posting is often seen as someone being an ass, someone trying to be annoying, or someone who has bad internet. What about the people that can't help it? People with OCD that have to post 3 times because if they don't they spaz out?

What about those people? People with OCD (CDO, because that puts them in their proper order) have the short end of the stick on the internet. They can't rearrange things on the internet, they can't do anything to make themselves feel better.

Also, what about people with tourette's syndrome? They log onto a forum or somewhere, start trying to post a reasonable, intellectual post, but get caught in a spell of uncontrollable cursing. Then they get banned for spamming. Are we that shallow for punishing someone for something they can't help?

Abandonment issues? Trying to talk to someone who isn't there? Try talking to someone whose internet disconnects. I have this, and it really sucks. That's why I dislike being involved in anything.

Three diseases, OCD(CDO), Tourettes, and Abandonment issues are three illnesses that have problems that can branch off onto the internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Illnesses and the internet   Illnesses and the internet EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 2:25 pm

This is going to sound assish but..

I think if you have those, you should either

A) Find a way to control it on the internet
B) Don't get on at all

I have a friend online with OCD. On Yahoo he splits his posts into many different ones. But that's not even caused by the OCD...that's just how he is. I kinda do the same thing.

He doesn't have to spam or anything. He's found ways to control it on the internet, and does so.

The other ones could be harder to control, I don't know. I don't have any of them, so I can't exactly say. But they have to control themselves somehow. Seriously, if you have tourettes...and you start cussing in a message...go with it. Curse all you want. But then go back and delete it. We don't want to have to see that.
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Illnesses and the internet   Illnesses and the internet EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 11:06 am

Yes, that is a good argument Jarki.
There is a backspace button you know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illnesses and the internet   Illnesses and the internet Empty

Back to top Go down

Illnesses and the internet
Page 1 of 1