Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Ramblings of a crazy birk

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Number of posts : 22

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:43 am

Dinobot wrote:
I don't know enough about the Dragonmech system to make these particular suits into a
steampunk variant, sorry but it isn't happening.

You can be really mean sometimes,you know that? Sad
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm not being mean...

Besides me, Z and Austin, who here can really say they -know- how the d20 system works?
How many of you have put in time and energy reading the books, much less putting together
an entire campaign? I'm doing what I can to read and understand these rules and though I'm
not the brightest tool in the shed, this shit's a bit confusing to just pick up on a whim... You
guys really want that mech in the game? Then grab the book, learn how it works, then make
it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:25 am

I hate you, dinosaur robot! I HATE you!

:fuck!:
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 am

Triggitius wrote:
I hate you, dinosaur robot! I HATE you!

:fuck!:

Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 13111810
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:01 pm

Dinobot wrote:
I'm not being mean...

Besides me, Z and Austin, who here can really say they -know- how the d20 system works?
How many of you have put in time and energy reading the books, much less putting together
an entire campaign? I'm doing what I can to read and understand these rules and though I'm
not the brightest tool in the shed, this shit's a bit confusing to just pick up on a whim... You
guys really want that mech in the game? Then grab the book, learn how it works, then make
it yourself.

I've been running a campaign all summer for your information D:<

...in 4e
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:52 pm

Pengy wrote:

I've been running a campaign all summer for your information D:<

...in 4e

giant text no jutsu!

Pengy wrote:
...in 4e

4'th Edition has been reputed by 3.5 fags to be watered down and re-calibrated in such a manner to
be very MMO-like. Are you running a homebrew campaign or pre-made?
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Homebrew. MMO-like is a good way to describe it. All classes have "powers" now of varying levels. There are at-will powers, which you can use over and over as much as you like. Encounter powers, which you can use once an encounter, and daily powers which are once per day.

So you no longer just attack...even if you are fighting a minion you just use an encounter power. That element of the game does seem very MMO-esque to me.

The things that I do not like about 4e are the increased reliance on using miniatures. I had hoped to play purely pen and paper but that seems almost impossible. it seems like the game was made with less roleplaying in mind and more to keep the game mechanics interesting alone. I don't hate it, it is definitely easier to teach people than 3.5e, but I can see where the complaints come from.

Edit: Oh, and the watered down thing. I can see that too, half the skills are gone, and the classes and races all reek of a forced balance.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Joking aside guys, I'd love to make that mech into the game, but i just dont know enough
about the mechanics of dragonmech at the moment. I'm still not sure on what roll mechs
will have in this particular campaign. So, I stand by what I said in my previous post, if you
truly want that mech, or other mechs in the game, study the rules put down in dragonmech,
learn how they work, and make it yourself. It'd be easier on all of us.

That said, I commend you pengy for DM'ing experience. :3 4'th edition or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ramblings of a crazy birk   Ramblings of a crazy birk - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ramblings of a crazy birk
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2