Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars

Go down 
+2
Z 1
Pest02
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:53 pm

In case you weren't around to see, a bunch of us in the chatbox decided that a Star Wars RP would be epic. As of now, we don't even know who's going to run it or anything, so I posted this topic in order to get some ideas flowing around. I'll post my suggestions later.

But for now, I've already figured out my character.

Star Wars Star_w10
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:55 pm

I think I found my character.
Star Wars Jar-jar-binks

A star wars rp would be rather cool, but control of the force would be horrible to control. It would also have to be pre-republic. The Sith were destroyed. There could be no clone army, there wouldn\'t be rather much of any world news.

Also, our last free form space rp was not very well done. Jen had a good idea of a ship rp, but she made me delete it. I may try and find it again.

Last edited by Pest02 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:59 pm

Pest we already adreased that

22:08:54 31/03/09] * Trigger suggests Gungans be banned fromt he list of choosable races

All those in favur say aye

Aye.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:00 pm

I wanna be a fish people!
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Aye. *glares at jar jar binks*

In my opinion, the RP should take place during the peak of the clone wars, before the Jedi fell.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:08 pm

I think civil war, theres more things to do, smugles, rebels, many many bad guys. Havoc would have a hay day.

And no god modding the force.
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:18 pm

My problem with the civil war is that... Well, the battles are less epic, since the rebels didn't have enough troops to engage in repeated full-scale awesome battles like back in the clone wars. Also, the fact that only a handful of Jedi and Sith still remain eliminates most possibilities for huge Jedi battles, as were seen during the clone wars.

Although, in the civil wars defense, I have to say that I prefer the A-Wing, X-Wing, and B-Wing, over the Jedi Starfighter, Naboo Starfighter, and V-Wing, although I must say that the clone-war-era Y-Wing is my favorite starfighter/bomber of all time.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:32 pm

But clone wars was clones vs robots, seems like there would be less to do there.

but i agree the battles would be on a bigger scale.

but civil war offers small squad battles and more human, interactions.
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:43 pm

That is true.

To be honest, I've always liked the starfighter games much better than the ground-based games when it came to Star Wars.

*Concedes to the Civil War era*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 pm

Z 1 wrote:
But clone wars was clones vs robots, seems like there would be less to do there.

but i agree the battles would be on a bigger scale.

but civil war offers small squad battles and more human, interactions.

I'd be a robot.
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:16 pm

I'd say around the time KotOR...

Though I doubt I'd partake.
Back to top Go down
Saria231
Survivor
Saria231

Number of posts : 10

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:10 pm

I say the Civil War. better tech, a driven main story arc, and (though less epic) more TACTICAL battles. I don't mean "Tactical" like spamming grenades in Halo, I mean tactical as in planning the battle before it happens, instead of just tossing two armies together and seeing what happens.
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Lol, agreed. I guess it's back to drawing board with my character.
Back to top Go down
Saria231
Survivor
Saria231

Number of posts : 10

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:18 pm

I've figured out my character's looks, job, weapons and appearance, but I'll need a fixed timeline for the RP in order to figure out history.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 10:09 pm

The "World"

The emergence of the Galactic Empire was brought about by decades of engineering, manipulation, and deceit, masterminded by the cunning and elusive Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Sidious, and carried out by his various apprentices and willing (and not-so-willing) agents and puppets. Under the guise of the charismatic Senator Palpatine from Naboo, Sidious took full-advantage of the corruption and inefficacies in the Republic bureaucracy to have himself elected Supreme Chancellor. Once in office, Palpatine proceeded to engineer the galaxywide Clone Wars as a means to further draw powers to his office, citing special emergency war-time powers and mandates required to maintain security against the Separatist threat. Palpatine did not relinquish his powers; instead, instigating the Jedi Rebellion, Palpatine declared a New Order and announced the creation of the Galactic Empire to much applause from the Senate.

Taking the title of Galactic Emperor, Palpatine set out to establish his totalitarian regime and accomplish his Order's millennia-old strife with the Jedi Order: the total annihilation of the Jedi. Palpatine used the "Jedi Rebellion" as his means of turning public opinion against the Jedi, thus allowing him to enact Order 66. Of the several thousand Jedi, very few survived the implementation of Order 66 and the subsequent beginning of the Great Jedi Purge in 19 BBY, most notably Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda.

The newly self-declared Emperor Palpatine speaks before the Galactic Senate, announcing the formation of the Galactic Empire.With the Empire firmly established, Imperialization began throughout the galaxy. The Senate was reorganized into the Imperial Senate, its powers and influence reduced as to become nothing more than a rubber-stamp assembly. Many Senators were all too willing to allow the Empire to come to pass, many under Palpatine's influence or seeing it as necessary to secure galactic peace after the events of the Clone Wars. Some, however, began to sow the seeds of dissent that would grow into the Rebel Alliance in the years to come; Bail Organa and Mon Mothma were some such Senators, including the late Amidala, who urged patience in defying Palpatine's regime. If they acted too quickly, too overtly, Palpatine would crush them. It would take nearly twenty years for organized resistance against the Empire to be realized; during that time Palpatine and his cabal had nearly free-reign in instituting the various new changes to the galaxy. Human-centric policies became prominent, advocating human supremacy. Some species, such as the Wookiees, Mon Calamari, Yuzzem, and Lurrians were reclassified as non-sentient and subjected to slavery (or domestication, as Imperial policy officially stated).

State-sponsored terrorism soon became a policy of the Empire, with such notions as the Tarkin Doctrine and the concept of rule through fear, popularized through then-Moff Wilhuff Tarkin's Doctrine. Examples such as the Ghorman Massacre and the very concept of the Death Star made clear that the Empire was willing to use any means necessary to maintain its power and control over the galaxy, with no regard towards sentient rights. But the Empire's own disregard for its citizens and use of the Tarkin Doctrine would prove to be its own undoing; many citizens became enraged by the sheer oppressiveness of the Imperial regime, and dissent began to spread like wildfire

Rebles

The Alliance to Restore the Republic (also known as the Alliance to Restore Freedom to the Galaxy, the Rebel Alliance and, informally, as the Rebellion), is a loose alliance of planetary-, system-, and sector-level resistance forces formed in direct military opposition to the Galactic Empire. It was originally formed by a group of Loyalists, united by Galen Marek, determined to preserve the ideals of the Galactic Republic. The Corellian Treaty and the Declaration of Rebellion formally organized the alliance, and the crest of the Marek family stood as the symbol of the Alliance.

Although it has fewer troops and resources when compared to the Imperial Military, the Alliance possesses strong will to fight, dedicated soldiers, and brilliant commanders

In the following years, as Palpatine's Empire grew in size and power, small resistance cells are beganing to spring up on planets across the galaxy. These small and unorganized groups periodically raided Imperial installations.. These groups are a mixed bunch, ranging from loyalists still holding on to the ideals of the Republic to former Separatists.

Imperial Military

The Imperial Military is the armed forces of the Galactic Empire, and successor to the Republic Armed Forces. It was responsible for carrying out military operations throughout the galaxy as well as maintaining order on Imperial member worlds, governorships, colonies, and protectorates. Its soldiers followe the Imperial Military Code. The military itself is under the direct control of Imperial High Command (later Central Command).

The stormtroopers are entirely composed of clones of 10 different people. This was done after the Clone Rebellion of Kamino.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:58 am

Star Wars 633684167964069009-rebellionitspointlessgiveitup
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:54 am

There is no way in hell that Z1 wrote that.......
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:57 am

Who put the two things toghter, that was supposed to be the rp, and this is just a discissiong topic.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:03 am

Aren't we still discussing which era it is?
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:46 am

No, majority vote said civil war era so me and saria made it last night.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Shouldn't we discuss Force rules? From pulling things out of the sky to strangling someone...
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 12:25 pm

we were leaning towards the fact that no one had the force. gets rid of god moding with out a fight.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:23 pm

Star Wars 1228774289913
Back to top Go down

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 1:36 pm

I merged the two topics because nothing had really been... Well, decided nor clarified.

No sign up page, no list of rules, no classes, weapons, vehicles lists, or anything. Nothing except a page full of information we already knew. =\

Tossing up a random page and telling the RPers to "let-er-rip" is rarely a good way to begin an RP.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:18 pm

I was going to edit it, now put it back to normal, and the rp was my idea and nobody was getting it done so i got it done.

Fix it, fix it now.

RWAR

or i will off my self. those are my demands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars   Star Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next