Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

What is this? The sixth time?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

What is this?  The sixth time? Empty
PostSubject: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Yep. Another zombie mood has brought me back to DF for an unknown amount of time. Maybe a day, maybe forever. Grin

Anyway, I'm putting my character name and class to a poll. You can vote infinitely, but please only vote twice; once for my class and once for my name.

I haven't checked the availability of the names, so they may very well already be taken, In which case I'll go for the one with the next highest votes and so on.

The poll will be considered finished at 1AM on the 25th.

Last edited by Trigger on Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:48 pm

I voted for Farmer and Backfire.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Not entirely sure why I put farmer or scientist in there. I doubt I'll pick either of those regardless, just because I don't foresee them being as useful as an engy, chef, or doctor.

I'd be most grateful if you'd all explain the non-obvious advantages of the class you selected. I've been gone for quite awhile, and most likely will discover it to be largely foreign to me when I return to it.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 1:11 am

I suggested farmer for you, because last time you got in a DF mood, you got to 30 in a few days.

A lvl 30 farmer grows lvl 30 food (I think?) or at least level 20. Of course, that high level of food sells for an extremely high price, and you get (6 when I had a farmer a few months ago) but I don't know how many now. Perhaps still 6 per day.

Obviously, the incredible amount of money you can make per day is worth not being able offer the services of a chef or etcetera. The only downside to being a farmer is you have to be high leveled to get a lot of money. That's no problem for you though, and you'll be making thousands per day in a weeks time.

I also based my answer off of you saying you wanted a profitable character class in the chatbox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 1:26 am

D:

Hmm, that's something to think about.

*Busts in* "I'm Backfire the farmer!! And I've come to whoop some ass!"

lol, SO not gangster... Tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 4:22 am

I voted Backfire and Scientist.

Meds are HUGE on the market, selling them brings big money, and also saves you money you would end up spending on them.

Same with Farmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:48 pm

I might pick scientist just because it sounds better than farmer.

BackFire the scientist. Makes me picture an experiment blowing up in my face. Tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 5:40 pm

Alright, I am now closing the poll prematurely. We have a clear-cut winner for the name, which will be BackFire.

As for my profession, I've discovered that between meds and food of the same level, meds are generally worth more. Therefore, I have decided to be a scientist.

My thanks to those of you that voted. I'll have rifles for my secondary weapon once I reach level 20 (Unless one of you has a better suggestion.) Primary will be melee, as always.

Imma go for something along the lines of
100 agility
100 endurance
75 critical shots
70 strength. (More if an armour requiring more strength is made)
The rest in Accuracy and then reloading. I don't plan to participate in PvP ever, so I think this is a pretty good plan.

BackFire the scientist will be created in a few minutes. I'd be much obliged to anyone that can loan me a flak jacket and a melee weapon somewhat better than a pen knife. I already have a baseball bat, so I just need something small that I can use in between the knife and bat.

Cheers. Maybe I'll start up the old Trigger Journal again. Tongue

*Plays more RE5*
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:06 pm

I'm pretty sure you get less meds per day than food though, which is why I suggested Farmer over Scientist.

Oh well. One day I'll play with you Trigger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:49 pm

Unfortunately, Backfire was taken. Instead, my name is "Faded"

You wouldn't believe how many names I had to go through before I found one that wasn't taken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 8:44 pm

Ignore the previous requisition for supplies. I've looted everything I need, and am currently level 5.

Well, I sort of still need a melee weapon. I found a chef knife, but it's not much better than the pen knife.

Last edited by Trigger on Sun May 24, 2009 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 8:54 pm

I just sold everything I had. Sad

And Scientist produce just as much as Farmer, I believe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

That's ok Jarki, I still love you. What is this?  The sixth time? 497854
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:11 pm

*Is overcome with some sort of urge to DF*
Back to top Go down
Lucio 1995
Survivor
Lucio 1995

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:46 pm

FoxDown and Engineer ;)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Too late.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:07 am

Looks like level 7 is my stopping point for today. RE5 called. Grin

Imma get to at least level 10 tomorrow. The goal is to be level 20 and have defeated RE5 by Friday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 4:30 am

Make that seven times.

I've decided that farmers really are more lucrative in the long run, and I have therefore made a Farmer called Aggroculture. I like my name. Tongue

Anyway, I messed up and clicked start before I changed my character's appearance, so I look pretty "bleh." Oh well, Admin says we'll get to change our appearance when he implements the new avatars.

Trigger - Deleted (Decided a melee primary character shouldn't be named Trigger)
Blues - Deleted (Decided a lawyer wasn't very useful in the long run)
Loose - Dying Mule (Decided I didn't like the name after the third person called me a "Looser")
Surgeon General - Left to rot (Decided a doctor wasn't the most lucrative class)
Faded - Left to rot (Decided a scientist wasn't the most lucrative class)
Aggroculture - Current

Nevermind, this time it really IS the sixth. Tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:10 am

I'd still use Faded. Having both a scientist and a farmer is very benefitial. Provides lots of income, and you never need to buy food or meds.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm

I agree with Jarki. If you're perseverant enough to level up both characters, by all means do so. The profit will be unimaginable at higher levels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm

O:

I might do just that!
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:32 pm

I have a created a Farmer named Agriculture. A considerably less cool name than Trigger has, but worthwhile nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Imma pretend we has the same DF mommy! Grin
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Good idea! We need to play together soon. I'm still level 3...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:05 pm

I'm playing right now! D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this? The sixth time?   What is this?  The sixth time? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is this? The sixth time?
Page 1 of 1