Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Umbrella Corporation Overhaul

Go down 
+5
LateGoodBye
Wesker
mr dr sir man
Saria231
fatalitywolf
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corporation Overhaul   Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:19 pm

If it makes you feel any better, none of those things give the player an actual advantage over another player. The Gold membership just allows them to level up faster on top of a few other lesser perks, and the custom crap is custom in name only. The infinite ammo isn't so bad, since a couple of good looting runs could earn you enough cash to buy a veritable boatload of bullets. I'm just glad Adminpwn hasn't seen it appropriate to sell stat boosters in the credit shop.

Although, the new Amputator annoys me the most by far. It's almost as if the Dusk Razor had been slightly nerfed, and put up for sale to anyone with a credit card. Credit-only items that are superior to the best lootable items should not exist. A GC'd sabre would have been a great deal more appropriate.

But... I'm sure I'll get over it when I finally get my dusk razor.

*Waits*
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corporation Overhaul   Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Consider the fact that (whoever that guy with the infinite GAU-19 is) climbed to Gregg Steven's level in...what was it, like 3 weeks? Just because he had that gun that he paid money for. Gregg Stevens got to his level the old fashioned way, but having no life! Which is the way MMOs SHOULD work.

So I'd rethink the whole "you can't buy something that actually gives you an advantage over other players" statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corporation Overhaul   Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Oh yeah~ I forgot about the GAUs. And maybe the Gauss rifle to some extent.

Having a GAU is sort of like having a pink lightsabre. Sure you can cut peeps in half, but people will think negatively of you for having one.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corporation Overhaul   Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Yeah, idk. I'm probably going to start a character so I can post here and stuff, but I doubt I'm going to get really into Dead Frontier again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corporation Overhaul   Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:48 pm

Actually...

Some person, Winfry, grinded past all of them in one week... with a Grinder.

How's that for having credits make you better?XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corporation Overhaul   Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:48 pm

I'm pretty certain Winry uses witch magic, so he/she doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corporation Overhaul   Umbrella Corporation Overhaul - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Corporation Overhaul
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2